Other Toners:

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

The best daily toner for breakout prone skin!

I really love Dickinson Brand Witch Hazel. My skin is oily, and prone to breakouts. I started wiping my face down with Witch Hazel first thing in the morning before applying my moisturizer, and again at night after washing my face in the shower. I have experience fewer breakouts since I began doing this, and my skin seems healthier and less flakey around my nose.

This stuff is just a small fraction of the cost of all of the other products on the market that are for skin toning and preventing breakouts, and its much less harsh and works just as well, if not better.

It is so gentle on even very sensitive skin and this particular brand does not have a horrible smell like the store brands of witch hazel often do.

I cannot recommend this highly enough, for all skin types. It makes for much healthier skin and makeup looks so much better, and more natural, on healthy skin that is neither too oily or too dry and flaking.

Too Harsh, Smells Bad

I bought this because I wanted a toner that would help me control the oil on my t-zone area. I also wanted a product that did not have acne medicine such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. I heard great things about witch hazel so I picked this up.

Unfortunately, this stuff is so strong that it makes me dry and flakey, which is really hard to do on my oily t-zone. It also smells awful, and not something I want to put on my face. I'm not sure what to do with the bottle since it's still almost full and I have no use for it.

I use it every once in a while on a pimple to dry it out, but really an acne product would work better in that instance. I really wanted this product to work for my skin because I wanted another solution for toning that didn't have acne medicine in it. I don't break out that often, so there is no need for it. However, this is harsher than any acne product I have used that is meant to dry out the pimple.

Complexion Correction, Without Extremes

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

Combats dark spots in a responsible way that doesn't completely alter the skin tone, but corrects dark spots and issues with enlarged pores. Although I've seen results on both end, I've noticed that this particular brand tends to work on eliminating dark spots and working to even out the skin in areas affected

Dark spots on the sides of my face and temples of my forehead have diminished slowly but surely. With daily and nightly application, they appear to be fading. My pores have also diminished a little bit. Larger patches of dark spots tend to be a lot more stubborn with application.

The scent is not very pleasant. There's no getting around that with a natural product, sometimes. It's "fragrance free" in the sense that there aren't any added scents to make it smell better. It's authentic Witch Hazel through and through.

Ease of Application
Whether you use a swab, a pad, or just a washcloth, application is very easy. Apply to affected areas for best results.

• Ease of Application:

Part of my everyday skincare regimen

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

I don't think I will find a toner better than witch hazel. I use witch hazel everyday as part of my skincare routine. Right after I cleanse my skin, I apply this immediately while my pores are still open. Ever since I started using witch hazel, I have noticed that my skin is less oily, there is less redness, and my skin is more even toned. This product seems to help a lot with acne that I have been dealing with over the years and I only get a few breakouts every once in a while. I also noticed an improvement in the appearance of the hyper pigmentation I had from acne. Many people seem to dislike the scent. I disliked the scent at first but now I kind of like it; you just need to get use to it. The price of witch hazel is decent too. It is way more affordable than other toners, gives better results, and has other uses as well. Overall I will most definitely continue to use this product and I do recommend this to others.

It is effective in toning my skin, reducing redness, reducing oiliness, helping to clear up acne, and more.

I don't find the scent to be bad. I think you just need to get use to it and then it won't bother you.

Ease of Application
It's just as easy as any other toner to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Nice witch hazel but a little pricey for what it is

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

This is a nice witch hazel. It's is especially good for sensitive skin. And some witch hazel have lots of alcohol and this one has alcohol but it isn't harsh. I like the top of the bottle, when I leave it open it doesn't evaporate. And it allows me to squirt whatever amount I want onto my tissue or cotton ball and I don't spill. I can mix it with other ingredients and it benefit from added scent occasionally. It has an all-natural formula and no harsh chemicals which I like. It is great for acne but also good for relieving itching and irritation associated with bug bites. I also use it anytime I want to disinfect a skin abrasion but I don't want to use alcohol. Sometimes when it gets warm from being in a bathroom with a hot shower if it's a slight sour smell. I do not believe this has anything to do with it spoiling, rather the effect of the plant extract having different smell whenever different temperatures rises.

It's a must have!

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

I've been using Dickinson's witch hazel for years. I've used products in the past that burned my face, especially when I had acne. This is a gentle product. It doesn't dry out your face. I use this twice a day, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth. It doesn't contain any extra unnecessary ingredients. If you can get over the weird smell, you'll absolutely love it.

Great

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

I love using this product. I would give it a 9 or 10 but the smell is horrible. Overall it helped reduce acne and some acne scars. Washing my face with baking soda and Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner was even more effective. My favorite thing about this product is that it is reasonably priced.

This product not only reduced and cleansed my pores but also got rid of most of my acne and some acne scars. The Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner is one of the fastest working brands of witch hazel I have used.

This product smells like nothing I have smelled before and not in a good way, although, any brand of witch hazel will smell this way. If you have a keen sense of smell I wouldn't recommend that you use this product.

Ease of Application
Applying this to the face is very easy. Just put some witch hazel on a cotton ball but be careful because it may squirt out faster than you think.

My go to product!

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

This product does wonders! I have been using Dickinson's original witch hazel for about 3 years now, I have gone through so many bottles of this. many people do not like the smell of it but it does not bother me I actually kind of like it. I have dry skin and other toners would burn and dry out my skin but this one is pretty soothing. I do suffer from acne as well and I have noticed a significant difference when it came to my acne after using this product. I am the kind of person that likes to pick at their pimples and pop them, I use Dickinson's witch hazel to clean the area after I pop them. I feel like it cleans up the bacteria and I have noticed the pimple going down after using it. I use it in the morning after cleansing my face and before putting on lotion and I use it at night too. It takes off makeup and dirt that my cleanser did not wash off. I love the fact that it does not burn my face. Its 100% natural which is a plus because I know I am not putting more chemicals on my skin. It is pretty inexpensive and it does wonders! I recommend this product to all skin types because it will not irritate or dry you out. You can feel your skin cleaner and fresher after applying it on your skin.

Dickenson's Witch Hazel Toner

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

Let's be honest, this stuff smells terrible. But, it is one of the most natural and effective toners available. It is cheap and it is simple. Witch Hazel is a natural botanical. This toner does not have a ton of chemicals and compounds like other toners and astringents. Although it can burn a little bit on broken skin, it does not cause irritation and dryness. It is a good option for people who react negatively to harsher products. This is a natural, herbal solution to irritation, acne, large or clogged pores, scarring, and discoloration. And, it is just plain great to have around the house for rashes, burns, etc. If you have a sunburn, dilute some witch hazel with 50/50 water and mist on your burn. It is very soothing and works to heal the skin. It visibly reduces inflammation, if for instance, you've picked at your face. Great basic to always have and use for a variety of things.

Too Harsh, Smells Bad

Cleared My Skin in a Week

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

I use to break out alot by my own doing I didn't really know my skin type so I was drying it out by using soaps on my skin and causing myself to break out more. So one day I just decided to simplify the routine I was doing on my face. I replaced all my products with this witch hazel and within a week my skin had cleared up completely. It makes the front of my nose a bit dryer than usual but it's not bad. When I use to I don't need a moisturizer or anything else and I use it once in the morning and at night right before bed. I put it on with a cotton round and I do not rinse it off. It does not dry out my face and it has lighten my acne scars that I have. If I do break out now it's minor things and they are gone in a week. I bought mines online at iHerb and it was really cheap for the amount I got and it has last me along time. I've been using the same bottle for 5 months.

It doesn't really bother me at all I like it.

A simple toner

Comments about Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:

I have acne-prone combination skin. I have frequent breakouts and minor scarring. This product has not helped control my breakouts and I did not see any noticeable change in my skin tone or oiliness. However, it didn't break me out and I do enjoy toning my face with this, which gives my skin a refreshing feel. The smell is a bit off putting the first couple of times but it does not bother me anymore. I don't think toners are supposed to be miracle products so I am okay with what this witch hazel does. It's a much better alternative to the highly chemical ones with alcohol. I don't think I will repurchase this product but I do not regret trying it. I will definitely use it until the bottle runs out (which will be a while because you do get quite a bit of product, especially for how affordable it is). I think this is great for users with acne-prone skin who layer on lots of product after toner due to how gentle this product is.

While it did nothing for my acne, scarring, or skintone, I think it helped my skin products apply better after using.

The scent is a bit overwhelming at first but I quickly got used to it., it was not a problem.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to use. It doesn't leave any residue and is quite refreshing.