Other Diaper Rash Creams:

Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream

Pros

Cons

Very calming

Having a 1 1/2 year old daughter..we have definately been through our fair share of creams, lotions, and ointments. From namebrands like Aveeno to off brands like Parents Choice..we've tried it all. Although this is a little pricier that the off brand versions..Desitin generally has coupons and sales available which is always nice. It is also a company and product that has been around for quite awhile.. So it is generally a easy to find product ussually available in walmart, target, and walgreens. The only downsides to this product is that it is white so..if you get it smeared on fabric it shows up..and some people assume it's something else nasty. Also, it unfortunately is sold in a tube..and sadly with products that are sold in a tube..you generally waste a bit of the product in the end that is still leftover in the tube. This is why I always prefer products in tubs instead of tubes..but it's just personal preference.

We like the Desitin Original Paste, the Cream not so much!

We have two young children and we have used Desitin with both of them. Currently we only have one child on diapers, but keeping their bum healthy has always been a priority for my wife and I.  While we have seen great results with the Desitin Original paste (the purple box), we have not been that impressed with the Diaper Rash Cream (the blue box), for which I am writing this review. Here are the main differences we have seen in both products: Desitin Original paste is much easier to apply on the babie's skin, and a little bit goes a long way. Another positive of the Desitin Original paste is that the coverage seems to last longer. In comparison with the Desitin Original paste, the Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream is not as effective due to the fact that it does not stick well to baby's skin, which causes it to be much messier. The consistency of the cream is much lighter and much more difficult to apply. It is also hard to evenly coat the child's bum if the cream does not stick. The coverage also lacks and you will need to use much more to cover all the areas needed. We also have not seen the "rapid relief" quality of this cream. While we strongly recommend Desitin Original Paste (the purple box) we do not recommend Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream.

Clears up rashes instantly

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

Desitin rapid relief diaper rash cream with zinc oxide is a miracle in a blue tube. My son gets bad rashes when I change his diaper but everytime I use this cream it gives him instant relief to his bottom. I like how the cream works fast and it gets rid of the diaper rash quick. The redness of his rash minimizes in just the first use. It prevents future diaper rashes by sealing out the moisture from getting inside the diaper. The cream is really thick in texture and it gets rid of my sons diaper rash quick. It soothes and it heals it after. Its really gentle and mild. He's been using this cream ever since he was a newborn. He usually switches off diaper creams depending on if there on sale. It has a good scent nothing like strong smelling but its a nice powder scent to the cream. It sells at an affordable price especially the big container size one.

Gives my son immediate relief from just the first use.

Wonderful!

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

When I was pregnant, I heard that Butt Paste was the best product. Naturally, I thought our baby needed it. Wrong. That stuff is awful. I was also given Desitin and loved it. It is creamy, has an okay smell and goes on easily. It has a great consistency too. Not too thick or thin. I don't like the other Desitin cream, only the rapid relief. It's the softest cream and seems to work better than the others (both other Desitin and other brand products.)

Desitin almost immediately helps a diaper rash. Urine and poop irritate a rash and Desitin creates a barrier and allows the rash to heal. My daughter asks for Desitin now when she's itchy or has a little rash. We were given Butt Paste as a gift for our newest addition. It immediately went into a pile to be donated/returned. I just can't use that stuff. Desitin is so much better. It's safe for baby bottoms, comes in a decent sized tube and is recommended by a lot of moms! Use it, you won't be sorry!

Always go back to this cream

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

I will only use Desitin creamy on my kids and I've tried everything. I have used the different kinds of diaper rash cream that I received at my baby shower and as samples etc. Butt Paste was pretty bad and seemed to make my son more uncomfortable let alone was hard to spread. There were a couple other that were ok but Desitin on the other hand is the perfect mix. It's consistency is perfect. Not too watery. Not too thick. It goes on easily and I coat her butt when it is needed. Usually the diaper rash is gone by the next diaper change. I usually only need to use it once in awhile and so one tube has lasted a long time. I think I only needed 2 tubes from the time my son was born to the time he was potty trained (3.5 years old). Like other reviewers said this stuff just works and I have no qualms about putting it on when I see the least little bit of redness because I know that it will clear it right up.

Excellent! If my son's bum is getting red I put a little on and by the next diaper change looks better already!

Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream is a life-saver!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

As a new mom, I always looked for the best product I could find, should any issue arise. I found a true friend in Desitin! This stuff works fast, great, and it goes on smooth, to top it all off! It's also great at preventing diaper rash, which is awesome! The only issue that I have, which has nothing to do with the product or the quality itself, is that it takes some time to apply. In other words, in the time that it takes to put on the cream, my little boy has more time to urinate all over me, in his diaper, or on other surfaces. Lastly, it is another expense. Diapers, wipes, plus powder can be costly, altogether, and adding on a diaper cream can just pile it on. However, I do find that it is well worth the money!

Our favorite for diaper rash!

from Overland Park, KS

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

I've tried numerous creams and ointments for diaper rash, and this is the best imo. It works instantly, it is a great texture, and it smells good! Other creams did not work at all, or not nearly as fast. I also prefer this over the original Desitin ointment b/c of the creaminess.

I use this diaper rash cream on my babies

from Bend, OR

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

The best thing I can say is that I don't have to use Desitin too often! We started with Boudreaux's Butt Paste because I received it as a baby shower gift from someone, but quickly switched to Desitin when I saw the price of the Butt Paste. **Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream** is a fraction of the cost of the Butt Paste. I have tried both the original and creamy version and use both - though I think that I prefer the creamy version (blue tube, the original is in a purple tube) because it is creamier and easier to apply. The original version of Desitin is a lot thicker and messier, but works just the same. I have found that Desitin works on the diaper rashes that my baby has and works quickly. I am very pleased with Desitin and will continue to keep it on hand in our house.

GREAT

from Durham, NC

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

We bought it before our baby was born. And one day, my husband had some problem on his butt. We tried this onitment, surprisingly, it worked great!!! It is really a good stuff, for both baby and adults.

Best Rash Cream I have Used!

from Antelope, CA

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

I have been using Desitin on my son for nearly two years now. it is gentle yet effective. My son would get rashes very easily as he had sensitive skin and within one to two days, this cream would clear away the rash. i love this cream so much that I use it almost everytime I change his diaper just to be on the safe side. The cream has nice faint smell to it and is easy to use in the tub (I don't recommend the jar/tub as it can get other germs and stuff in it). My mom used this cream on my 30 years ago, so that tells me how long this brand/cream has been around and it must be effective. I tried a few other creams but they didnt work as well. This cream is great for prevenstion, easy to use, and it works great.

works!! and it's not too messy!!

from Woodinville, WA

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

Luckily, we don't need to use this too often. When our little one gets those little red dots on her bottom, we just apply a little bit of Desitin and it usually will go away by the end of the day. Sometimes, if we don't catch the rash early enough, it might take a couple of days of using Desitin before the rash disappears. I really like that they have this creamy formulation, and it applies very smoothly and is not oily or messy. I noticed at the next diaper change, I don't see a big goopy blob of white cream like some other diaper rash products. It's so easy to wipe off, so i'm not worried about applying too much. We've only purchased one tube of this, and have used only about 1/4 of the tube. I think we'll be able to save it and use it on our next baby!

Love Desitin!

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream:

We love Desitin diaper rash cream here at my house! My little guy seems to be getting a lot of little diaper rashes recently. If he sits in a wet diaper overnight too long, we know that it is time for some Desitin! We use a q-tip to apply the cream to where he needs it, put on his diaper and we are done. It has never been a messy product for us to use. I have sometimes had to use the extra strength ointment on him, but that is pretty rare. I definitely prefer the smell of this original product than the extra strength. I cannot tell that I've actually put on the original cream after he is dressed, whereas I can if I put on the extra strength. We've stocked up big time on this product even though it takes us a very long time to finish one normal sized tube!