2.5

Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit

2.5

Not worth the money

Comments about Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit:

This is one of the many acne treatments I have purchased over the years, it's not the worst but it is not the best. For the price it is far from worth it. It didn't clear up my acne that much it made a minor difference but nothing to write home about. It didn't cause any redness or side effects which was good, but is always expected. It may not have been strong enough for my skin which is used to stronger acne treatments. The smell is also not to appealing it smells like it is trying to hard. It is really easy to use and the program is really easy to follow, the moisturizer is something I would buy alone again it really does work well and doesn't leave the skin greasy or oily. The sport treatment also works well on it's own, but it is comparable to drugstore products so again not worth the large price tags. This may be for very good for those with sensitive skin. It might be a good idea to try it if you have sensitive skin or have the money to spend.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Not worth the price tag

Comments about Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit:

I used these products after about a year of suffering from teenage acne, and was recommended them by a beautician who works with the beauty range in her salon. I was optimistic at first, and used all the products, however despite leaving my skin smelling lovely, the range didn't seem to do much for the visible appearance of my acne. Although a variety of different products are included, and the products seemed to last a while, I wouldn't say this kit is worth the price tag or the time!

It didn't help clear acne, although the products would work fine in regard to just cleaning the face.

Ease of Application
All the products had clear instructions regarding their application and use, and these were very easy to follow.

Convenience
The small tubes were good because they made for easy transportation, and they were quick to use each morning/night, although there were quite a few different products available, and this was just the starter kit!

Side Effects
I didn't have any side effects as a result of using the products

Immediacy
The products claim to beat acne, and I didn't see any immediate improvement in my acne. Even after using the products for a while, I saw very little effect.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Dermalogica clean start acne starter is horrible on dry skin

from Gurnee, IL

Comments about Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit:

I tried this product with a very open mind and I had nothing really to fear because i only had mild acne but I wanted it just to go away. I had been using proactiv for a while before I switched because it seemed to have stopped working. But within about a week of using Clean Start my skin had completely dried out to the point where I had huge black spots where the acid in it burnt my skin!! And it didn't even clear the little acne I had it managed to make me breakout more than I ever have with like 5 or more bumps at a time. So, for those of you with mild acne and dry skin DO NOT try this product because I am only now starting to reverse the scars from bumps and dryness clean start left.

Great size, not so great results.

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit:

I bought this kit after spending nearly an hour at Ulta.  I reviewed several of the starter kits they had.  It seemed that the Dermalociga Clean Start Acne Starter Kit was a good investment.  I was able to try a new brand of acne cleanser for a good price.  And if it didn't work as I wanted I wouldn't feel like I was out a lot of money.

I couldn't wait to try it, so when I got home I took it out of the bag and started using it right away.  I followed all the steps in the instructions to the T.  I wanted to make sure that if I was going to try something new, that I use it exactly how they described to get the best results.

Unfortunately for me, Dermalogica did not clear up my skin.  It did however have a good fragrance- not perfumed, but a fresh natural scent.  It made my skin feel fresh and renewed.  But I still had blemishes.  I used this religiously for 5 weeks and did not get the results that I had wished for.

For the price of the kit and the size I felt it was a great deal to try something new.  I know now that this is not the formula for me, but I don't feel like I wasted money trying something new.