Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

Derma E DMAE Alpha Lipoic-C-Ester Creme

DMAE Cream Gives Mixed Results

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Derma E DMAE Alpha Lipoic-C-Ester Creme:

Many years ago I researched companies who made all natural skin care products that were free of chemicals and unnecessary ingredients. Derma-E was one of the companies I started to do business with, but their DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Creme hasn't been exactly what I hoped for.

One day while watching the Dr. Oz show, he did a segment on anti-aging face creams and recommended women use moisturizers that contained DMAE. After learning that Derma-E made a DMAE cream, I didn't hesitate to give it a try.

Derma-E DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Creme combines DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid with C-Ester, which they claim provides a rich moisturizing formula that hydrates the skin but it also claims to "support collagen and elastin health."

The cream comes in a 2 ounce container and the cream itself is soft, smooth and a light beige color. Right from the start I never cared for the odor, and since I only needed a small amount this jar lasted me for months. I just had to throw it out because the smell became unbearable!

The directions say it can be used morning and evening, but I only used it in the mornings as I have another evening cream that I like better. I did notice a slight tingling on my face when it was applied, which is most likely from the 1% of Alpha Lipoic Acid. It was not problematic for me.

I do love how this cream does not contain parabens, phthalates, SLS, petrolatum, mineral oil or artificial colors. It is pH balanced, 100% vegetarian and cruelty free. I only wish it worked better for me. After months of use I see virtually no improvement in my skin. It does make a fine moisturizer for dry skin, it absorbs well and is not greasy, but there are cheaper facial moisturizers on the market that I prefer.

Overall, I am disappointed in the product. I wonder if it went bad because it doesn't contain the chemical preservatives? I don't know, but I won't be buying it again.

Absorption
Absorbs nicely, easy to blend in and there is no greasy after feel

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have not had any acne problems since using this cream, so I can assume it did not clog my pores

An okay, allbeit expensive, moisturizer. No other anti-aging benefits noted so I am overall disappointed.

• Absorption:
  • Doesn't Clog Pores:

Really firms,moisturizes! No animal testing. No gross chemicals.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Derma E DMAE Alpha Lipoic-C-Ester Creme:

I've drawerfuls of moisturizers, but this tops all to date. **Derma E DMAE - Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Creme** is totally smooth but with a kind of oatmeal color and only a hint of scent. I always use it at night and also in the daytime when a sunscreen isn't required. **Alpha Lipoic** can also be applied under make-up.

Here's a creme that does exactly what it promises: "hydrates your skin and supports collagen and elastin health". After just a few applications (always after a thorough cleansing), my face really showed the **Alpha Lipoic** retexturizing advantage.

Since I will never see my 50s again, I totally appreciate this product's new (to me) advantages. I also appreciate the fact that, like other **DermaE** products, this one is a natural, 100% vegan, and cruelty-free cream. The perfect combination of good things.

Shop for deals on this one. Wide price variation on the two-ounce jar.

Absorption
A minute and we're there!

• Absorption: