2.9

2.9

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (4)

Denver Matress gives you great ZZZZZZZZZ's

My boyfriend got this same bed a few years before I did......I only needed to sleep on it once to see what I'd been missing with my own mattress! I cannot find any negatives regarding this mattress: from the quality and durability to looks and comfort, this mattress has it all! I don't impulse buy.....I did a lot of shopping around and comparing before I made the final decision to purchase this one. I was also pleased with their no-pay, deferred-interest financing! That was a queen sized mattress set I bought the first time, which was just over two years ago. This summer, my mom was diagnosed with cancer, so I moved back in with her to care for her. The bedroom I'm sleeping in does not hold a queen size bed, so I gave my queen size Denver Mattress set to my mom, and got the EXACT same type of mattress and box spring for my room, just in an extra-long twin size! I love this mattress!!!

Never Again

When it was time to replace my 12 year old Verlo mattress, my wife and i thought we would save some money and buy a different mattress. So after shopping around for a few weeks we settled on the Doctors Choice with Denver Mattress Company. The first mattress was taken back as it was a bit too soft, but even with that issue the mattress began to sag within a few weeks. That should have been a warning to me what their mattresses were like. The site brought us a firmer mattress which was better on my back, but it began to sag within a few months. When I called them they reminded me about my warranty that it had to sag more than it was when they came to check it. The problem is the mattress was killing my back. Not only does this mattress sag, now it is lumpy, all within the first year of ownership. Well, instead of fighting with them there are two things I will do. 1st. write this purchase off as a lesson learned. 2nd, I will never buy another mattress from them again. I also bought a living room outfit from them in their 'Furniture Row Stores" and the set I bought is also starting to have the cushions sag. I guess you get what you pay for, cheap price equals cheap junk. If you are looking for a mattress, do yourself a favor and pass on this brand

Comfort
Lumpy & saggy mattress, if this is a "Doctors Choice" Id hate to see what they don't recommend.

Support
None, they don't want to deal with you.

Firmness
Mattress was firm enough until it started sagging really bad.

Mattress looks Ok, for a saggy & lumpy mattress.

Not as good value

from Colorado

Pros

Cons

• Does not hold shape
    • Mattress does not last

• Primary Bed

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

When we bought this mattress several years ago we were told the mattress set had a ten year warrantee. However, after several attempts at getting the company to make good on the warrantee they told us we had to drive over 1.5 hours to return the mattress before they would credit us to be able to purchase another. The springs in the mattress itself started poking through the sides making getting out of bed very painful. There was nothing in the warrantee that stating it would be our responsibility to return the mattress nor we aware that it would not be a full exchange for a manufacturer's defect. For the first couple of months the mattress was fine and we really enjoyed our sleep. After about 6 months it began to deteriorate and did not provide support after the springs started poking through.

I'd never buy a Doctor's Choice mattress again

from Erie, PA

Pros

Cons

• Can't stay on the thing without rolling off
      • Only one sided, can't flip
      • Unravels

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

I'd never buy a Doctor's Choice mattress again for three very important reasons. One is that it unraveled! Yes the edge seams had threads hanging out and they unraveled and now the edge seam is a gaping hole! Second reason is that it is only one sided and you can't use the other side. Third reason, and I think this may be because of reason two...you can't stay on the thing without rolling off! It's not comfortable to have to stay awake all night to avoid rolling off on the floor. Or having to stuff magazines and books under one side of the mattress in an effort to try to stay on the bed. And I paid 6 or 7 hundred dollars for this mattress too.

I wouldn't boy this product again

from Provo, UT

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

• Primary Bed

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

For the first three or four years this bed was passable. But at six years, we had to replace. I woke up every two hours and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so uncomfortable. It was like sleeping in a trench on wires. We bought a California King because we are both tall and both slim, but the split box springs made it impossible to sleep in the center to get some relief from the trench. I called Denver Mattress, but the only recourse was to get credit on a new mattress. I would not buy this mattress again at any price.

1-year disposable bed

from Salem, Oregon

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
            • Lumpy

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

I bought this bed on a recommendation from my sister, who had hers for a year and absolutely loved it. And, for the first year, I was perfectly content with my full-size Doctors Choice in firm. As a single, heavier guy (5'8", 190#) it supported me fine. I rotated it every month or so, and never 'abused' it. After about 14 months, there was a noticeable ridge down the middle of the mattress. Imagine moving to the other side of your bed and having to roll up hill to get there...that's how it was. The guarantee requires that the mattress sag 1.5". With no weight on it. With the pillow top, the cushions will expand when there's no weight on them, so getting a 1.5" reading will be impossible...and I'm sure Denver Mattress knows that very well. 2 years have gone by, and when I asked my sister about her experience, she said she wished she'd never recommended it to me, because it was now the worst bed purchase she'd ever made, and apologized for telling me I should get one. Now we are both shopping for a decent mattress, and although ours look new as the day they were bought, I hesitate to let the new bed company haul it away, for fear they will sell/give it to some unsuspecting soul...no one deserves to have to sleep on this '15-year guaranteed piece of garbage.

Yes, I did contact customer support. But, until I can provide a picture of the 1.5" sag (impossible, as stated above), they will do nothing.

Good, long lasting, a great price

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

We have had our Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress for over 9 years. In this time we have moved 4 times. I really have no complaints about this mattress. It was a very moderately priced mattress, certainly not top of the line but for budget conscious newly weds it was perfect and it has lasted. We tend to sleep in the same spots and there is likely a little give in these areas but no major or visible dips or swells in the mattress. Over the years the kids have done plenty of jumping on the bed and it hasn't effected it's comfort or durability.

This mattress is big and heavy and difficult to move but is durable and made it through all of our moves with out issue.

As for comfort, again we have no complaints. I don't feel like it causes extra back aches or restless sleep. It's comfortable. It's not luxurious but the price isn't either. But it's supportive, comfortable and durable.

If you're looking for a good, long lasting and durable mattress for a worthwhile price, I'd definitely recommend checking out this Doctor's Choice Mattress.

• Firmness:

Promises of amazig bed did't hold up.

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

I own a Denver mattress,and the first year we got it, well it was amazing. In the last few months I've been waking up with soreness all throughout my back. We really haven't had it more than two year and we are actually still paying it off. When the time comes where we can afford another bed, it definately won't be a denver mattress.

• Firmness:

Don't know why any doctor would choose this.

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

While staying in the guest room of a friend's house, I slept on this mattress for four weeks. All I remember from that month was that my back hurt extremely for the entirety of the stay. I know that spring mattresses aren't the most highly recommended for comfort, but I have slept on many of them, and none of them were as uncomfortable and supportive as this one. I remember tossing and turning every night for hours before I finally became so tired that I had no choice but to fall asleep. The bed was extremely lumpy with firm patches in certain places and soft places in others. The placement of the springs was also awkward because it created pressure points on parts of my body that felt very uncomfortable. I heard from my friend, however, that they had had the bed for many years, which must mean that it is very durable, but I hope that nobody had to sleep in it for that long period of time. This was one of the worse mattresses I have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on.

• Firmness:

doctors choice mattress is the best!!

from Normal, IL

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

I HAVE A BAD BACK, HAVE HAD PAIN FOR ALONG TIME. MY MATTRESS WAS GETTING OLD, SAGGING, NO SUPPORT AND OBVIOUSLY NOT HELPING MY BACK PAIN. I DECIDED TO START MATTRESS SHOPPING. EVERYWHERE I WENT IN ORDER TO GET SUPPORT AND COMFORT , WAS GOING TO COST A FORTUNE. I WAS RECOMMENDED TO DENVER MATTRESS COMPANY BY A FRIEND. THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY. THE SALES PEOPLE WERE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE, REALLY GOT TO KNOW THE BUER SO THEY WOULD KNOW WHAT BED WOULD BE RIGHT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL. ONCE DISCOVERING I HAD BACK PAIN THEY WENT RIGHT TO THE DOCTORS CHOICE MATTRESS SET. THERE WERE MORE EXPENSIVE SETS BUT THEY FELT THIS WOULD BE THE BEST MATCH. THEY FIT TEST YOU TO THE MATTRESS TO SEE WHAT LEVEL OF SUPPORT YOU NEED. THEY ALSO FIT TEST THE PILLOWS TO YOU AS WELL. I WENT AHEAD AND PURCHASED THE SET, AND AM SO THRILLED... MY BACK PAIN IS SO MUCH IMPROVED..I HAD ABOUT A WEEK OF INCREASED PAIN WHICH THEY SAID WOULD OCCUR AS MY BODY ADJUSTED TO THE NEW MATTRESS. AFTER THIS, NO PROBLEMS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SET AND THIS COMPANY.

Awesome bed, great price!

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

I have been very pleased with my purchase of this bed! I look forward to falling asleep now! It came in three choices of comfort, I got the middle one, and I am very happy with it! I have owned it for about a year now. I previously had a softer bed which did not support my back as well as this one.

• Firmness:

Would not recommend to anyone!

Comments about Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice Mattress:

It was comfortable for maybe a year. I am a woman with a small build (110 lbs) and it started to show the spot I slept in after this time period. The springs pop and it is just a terrible mattress overall. It does have a guarantee on it that we are going to take advantage of, however we anticipate the same issues with the replacement mattress.