3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Went off without a hitch ~

I haven't flown **Delta Airlines** since I was a kid.  For some reason I've always leaned toward the Houston based Continental Airlines.  This time it was **Delta** who had the greater deal and I booked a trip to the Atlanta area about 2 months ago when the airfares were quite low.

I got nervous as my trip approached because of the new baggage rates and hearing that there were no snacks on board some carriers.  Being the prepared person that I try to be, somehow I managed to pack all of my clothes/shoes into a carry-on, duffle-bag type suitcase and I also had a shoulder strap bag with my magazines, meds, makeup.  I mainly opted to carry on my bags *not because of the new baggage rates* but more because I was worried that my stuff would get lost at the Atlanta airport, which has happened several times....

As my trip approached I learned that **Delta** does not charge you for your first bag.  Yay!!  Well I was already packed and I didn't want to chance the bag getting lost at the airport so I stuck with my carry-on duffle bag.  I said my prayers the night before and the morning of my trip - I wanted a smooth experience.  My prayers came true and **Delta Airlines **gets the stars.

**Delta Airlines** baggage rules:

1st suitcase = free, 2nd suitcase = $25, 3rd/4th suitcase = $80 ea, and so on.

**Delta Airlines** carry-on rules:

Free = 1 carry-on (must not be larger than 45-inches total, meaning length + width + depth) ***and*** 1 personal bag (purse, computer bag, back pack, diaper bag, etc.)

And we got snacks!!!  We were served a drink and a choice of cheese crackers, cinnamon cookies or peanuts.  The flight was about 1 hour and 45 minutes so that would be about right.  Plus, in my fear of no snacks for me and the kids, I packed pretzels and Russell Stovers sugar free chocolates....and empty water bottles which we filled up after we went through security.

I can say that the flight attendants were courteous and it was a smooth and pleasant experience.

Thumbs up for **Delta Airlines**~

Ask me why you should never fly Delta airlines?

I recently traveled to Florida on a business trip.  On the way home I flew Delta airlines and received the worst customer service ever.

The plane was held on...Read complete review

The plane was held on the run way by the air traffic controllers for 2 hours.  I missed my connecting flight. When I asked the counter person what I was to do; I was told that they would not put me up in a hotel or give me vouchers for food. (Ironically they gave the two women ahead of me hotel and food vouchers.)

I arrived at the next destination of my flight at 1:30 am. Laurguardia airport. A ticket agent told me that to catch my 7:30 am flight I would have to go to the United Airlines Terminal. My luggage was obviously not available. (It was still in Ohio) so I did not have access to my winter coat or flat shoes. I was still dress in business attire. I waited outside for a shuttle to bring me to the terminal in 30 degree weather at 2:30 am.  At 4:30 I was allowed to stand in line for my ticket information (because Delta had booked me with a different airline to get to Vermont I had to get tickets from that airline.  When I arrived at the counter I was told that I did not have a reservation with United. I immediately called the 800 for Delta.  The person on the other end of the phone told me I did have a reservation with United and eventually hung up on me. I decided to go over to Delta and speak to someone face to face. When I arrive at Delta I had to wait 30 minutes in line because it was already busy.  When I got to the counter I started to explain my dilema. The ticket agent grabbed the iteneray out of my had looked at it, flung it back at me and said that I was United Airline problem now. She did not look at me; she did not pull my name up to see my status.

Just as I was about to explode a nice gentleman told me that USAirways was the only flight he knew of that flew to Vermont in the morning. He directed me to them.

A few days after this event; I contacted Delta customer service. I was only offered a small gesture voucher.  I told them they could keep their gesture and I would find everyway possible to tell this story.

Poor customer service

from Minneapolis mn

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Poor customer service. Rude, insensitive, from security to boarding the plane. I've flown with Delta ever since you started and put up with a lot. But today are partnership is done. I will go out of my way not to fly with you

Ok for the price I paid

from Reston, VA

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Alright, the rout I often take is only available through Delta and another company. I used Delta about two times, and the other company about tree times. I always pick the cheapest flight, as it is not a flight that is too long. The first time I flew it was fine, but the second time there was a delay of about 1h30 for me, but there were passengers from the flight that was supposed to fly before us also waiting. They bought the passengers some pizza, which was nice. I did manage to get my connection in time, which worked well. But waiting at the airport was not great, as you can imagine. The other company always called early in the morning and sent emails regarding delays. If you get the cheapest flight, you should not expect comfort (in any company really).

Failed Customer Service

from Savannah, Georgia

Comments about Delta Airlines:

The following is an e-mail which I sent to Mr. Richard Anderson, CEO of Delta Airlines:
Dear Mr. Anderson,
On July 14, my wife and I arrived home following a three week trip to Europe which combined a Mediterranean cruise with the wedding of our daughter in Berlin. During the trip, we had a number of significant issues with the service provided by Delta Airlines. On July 15, I completed the electronic review of our concerns. The very next morning I received what appeared to be a computer generated response from Ms. Monica Pinto apologizing for our troubles and offering each of us a $50 gift certificate. Dissatisfied with this level of compensation, I wrote a response to Ms. Pinto, copying you and the members of your corporate customer service team. As of today, nine days later, I have received no response whatever from any of you regarding this issue.
I am fully aware that Delta has no legal responsibility to offer any form of compensation whatever for the cancelled flights, delayed flights, additional costs we incurred or the intentional misrepresentations by the Delta pilot which led directly to those additional costs. I do feel, however, that you and your team should recognize the ethical and moral responsibility to a long-time loyal customer which I am. Frankly, at this point, I do not feel like a valued customer. While I cannot state that I will never fly with Delta again, I can tell you that, when there is a choice to be made in the future with regard to my air travel, Delta will not be my primary choice.
On July 22, I telephoned American Express to request information for canceling my Skymiles credit card. The customer service representative with whom I spoke connected me with an individual named Kia who indicated that she works in your corporate customer care area. She informed me that she could see my emails attempting to communicate my dissatisfaction, and she assured me that someone would be contacting me within the next two days. That has not been done. I am at a loss in attempting to understand how a multibillion dollar company can be so callous toward a customer who has legitimate concerns. In my view, this is not an example of proactive customer service. As a former CEO myself (a principal of a public middle school), I can assure you that I would have been ashamed to admit my staff had treated a customer so poorly. Mr. Anderson, you, too, should be ashamed.
Edward N. Davis Jr.

Bad customer service from Delta Airlines (canceled flight)

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Delta Airlines:

In March, I've book a flight from Delta Airlines for my family vacation trip in August . Suddenly, today, they said Delta Airlines canceled my flight and the flight is 3 months later in August ! I asked what was the reason and they said it's because of re-routing reasons, they no longer fly evening flight out from Miami .

This is my points of view :
1) When I paid my money upfront , it is like a contract between me and Delta Airline . If I changed my mind and decide to change the flight, Delta Airline would charge me a penalty fee .

Yet, when Delta Airline broke the promise to keep the flight , all they offered is "we will refund you the money if you don't want to change to a different flight".

By "changing flight" mean changing from a nonstop flight to a stop over flight thru another airport with 1 & 1/2 hour delay at night time and extended 2 & 1/2 hrs longer trip.

Yet, no compensation . "Your hotel stay over night is not our responsibility" was their exact words by Supervisor Steve .

2) Delta Airlines took my money (paid in full) a few months ago . That money could grow in interest . So basically, they borrowed my money (my whole family tickets), broke their promise, and then just want to return the money back to me at the time that it would be more difficult for me to book another airline with the same amount . That is not fair !

Had they not posted that they could fly non-stop in evening a few months ago, I could've booked other flights from Southwest, United Airline, or American Airlines at that time with similar amount of money . Yet, I trusted Delta Airline and booked Delta Airline .

Now íts closer to summer, and all the other airlines are booked . Now, Delta Airline canceled that flight and all they could say to me was "sorry, you can fly the next morning if you like or I give you the refund back" .

Delta Airline doesn't care about customers and how they screwed up customers' schedules. All they care about is profits and that's it !

After this, my family will not fly Delta Airlines again .

It is what it is.

from Florida

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Delta and I go way back. Once I moved to Florida our local airport doesn't have many different options, and Delta is the one that I like out of my options. So we have gotten even better acquainted over the last Few years.

Delta is definitely not the cheapest airline around, but they make up for cost in actually acting like they care about the consumer. They have a great website with awesome customer support that is available 24/7. The website is easy to use and offers lots of different travel options.

I've never had a real negative experience with traveling with Delta, the pilots and attendents have always been friendly and Sweet natured. They have always gone out of the Of duty to make sure I was comfortable on the flights.

The only thing I can really complain about, is how cold they keep the planes. It might just be me but for some reason Delta planes just seem colder than all the others.

Prices are fair. Staff is nice. Booking flights and checking in is easy. Bottom line is even if I had options of other airlines I liked I would probably still stick to Delta.

Decent

from ohio

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I flew on Delta airlines last year because I was going on a lot of trips and traveling all over the United States. I would say that my experience with Delta airlines was a fairly decent experience. They were accomodating and they attended to their attendants pretty well for the most part. I would rate the overall delta airline service as an eight because they did a pretty decent job. However, I have been on airlines that have exceeded customer service more so than delta airlines. I would also rate their inflight accomodations as an eight as well because they did a fairly decent job accomodating but always could have done much better in that department. I would recommend this to anyone flying for trips, but they are stingy on their snacks and water hand outs. They also did not come by to check on their attendants much during the flight. They charge for their items and they only give our free refreshments.

Outstanding airline!

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I fly Delta on average 3x per month. They are always on time, allow passengers to change itineraries, have excellent customer service, have the best rewards / loyalty program in the industry, regularly update their fleet, have created excellent relationships with other airlines and travel related organizations, and they have the best and most courteous flight attendants in the industry.

Service
Delta is a great example of how one needs to run an airline. Their flight departure and arrival times are always supportive of even the worst of my travel schedules, each of their employees WANT to be helping their customers (and do so), and they are always adapting their business to meet the ever changing travel industry.

In-Flight Accommodations
Love the freebies! Peanuts, pretzels, soda, water, coffee... Upgraded seats for rewards program members, Wi-Fi availability, incredible knowledge of flight crews, down-to-earth flight attendants (they actually talk with you (and not "at you")), pilot skill and top-notch maintenance program.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

They have taken a hit over the years.

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I first flied with Delta, and for this reason, they were my first option for many years. The service was great, they used to offer free bags at check in (for all travelers not just first class), seat sizes were decent, and on flight meals and snacks were offered. Today, I feel they do not offer nearly as much to passengers, and quality of their service has greatly diminished. I have not flown with them for several months because of it. I would travel with them again, but only if I could find a deep deal and discount on the price of tickets. Sure, most airlines and flights have gotten pricier, but I do not feel other carriers (namely Jet Blue and American) have lost as much in terms of service, or offerings to passengers, as Delta has in recent years. They used to be my first choice, today I will only go with them if I can find flights for far less than competitors carriers that I have been flying with in recent years.

I was overall satisfied

Comments about Delta Airlines:

There is plenty of room for improvement but, overall the last experience I had with Delta went over well. It was an international flight and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. Of course with any airline, I think the prices are nothing short of highway robbery. I wish they would make flights more affordable then they are, at the same time, I would never fly with a no name company just to save a few bucks.

Service
I wouldn't say the flight attendants were friendly but, they did their job well. Of course, it would be nice if they hired an efficient and friendly staff but, if I have to chose between the two, I want things done well. If am a vegetarian and they made sure I had meals going there and back. Considering they were 14 hour flights each way, I was glad they didn't mess that up! As that is something I have experienced in the past.

In-Flight Accommodations
There were plenty up new and up to date movies to choose from as well as comfortable seating. Again, when you're on such a long flight, these things are important and would absolutely make or broke any future business with an airline company. I would recommend Delta.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

The best airline experience ever

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I have very recently purchased an airline ticket and flown on Delta Airlines out of Atlanta Georgia and I had the best experience ever as far a flying goes. This was the most trouble free flight experience I have had. First of all I was able to go online and find out how much my ticket would be instantly. The website was so easy to use I was able to do my whole reservation online. I can say that I did price shop and I found that Delta had the lowest prices than any other airline so I went with them. I purchased a coach ticket and I was really surprised and happy when they gave me a free upgrade to first class. I do not know why they did but it was wonderful. The plane I flew on was really spacious and not crowded like a lot of others. Another thing is I trust the Delta name because I have never heard anything bad about them on the news. I would definitely recommend that anyone preparing to fly to try Delta. This is the best airline. The service from the flight attendants was awesome. They really took care of me and my needs. The food was good also. The drinks were great. It was a first class experience.