View more desktops

Dell XPS 400 desktop computer

Dell XPS 400 desktop computer

3.9

Love my Dell

I absolutely LOVE my Dell XPS 400.  This desktop computer has been a dream come true.  Dell is great!  They are very easy to work with, have great customer service, and will put together the computer of your dreams.  You tell them what your needs are, they install everything on their end, and ship your brand new computer right to your door fully loaded.  Simply turn it on, click a few keys and you're good to go.  The Dell XPS 400 is a real work horse.  It's great for the simple things like checking email, or for those big school projects that my kids always seem to have.  The 17" Flat Screen monitor has excellent clarity and does not give off that glare that some monitors can.  I also have a few extra's including a DVD drive that is great for watching movies, or listening to music, and 2 very small desktop speakers that have sound to end all sound.  The Dell XPS 400 also has a microphone which works great with a webcam.  All in all, I can't find anything wrong with my Dell.  Yes, there is the occasional headache with the operating system (Windows XP), but that is rare and pretty much comes with the territory when using a PC.  When the time comes to upgrade I will definitely be ordering another Dell desktop system.

64 Bit Nightmare

Two months ago, I received my third Dell desk top computer.It's a XPS Studio 420. I custom ordered it, including making it a 64 bit for better graphics. Big mistake! Almost every program I have downloaded, has turned out to not be compatible wth 64 bit. It would be helpful if programs would have that fact listed with the download requirements. Very few state they only work with 32 bit...for now. That's irritating enough, but the program causes my computer to malfunction, which results with me online with tech support for a couple of hours. They have to take control of my computer, to rid my computer of the offending program. Plus, they always make other changes to my computer.

In all probability within the next two years, most if not all, new computers will come with 64 bit. Hopefully by then, most programs will be compatible with it. The grapics are better than on 32 bit computers. I wish I had known about the compatibility issues prior to purchasing this computer. Because of the frequent aggravation of having to deal with tech support, I wish I had bought a Mac!

Cooll iililiilikilik iititgitgfitgfritgfrritgfrreitg

from GGfGfeGferGferfGferf

About Me Avid Gamer, Tech Savvy

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Reliable Performance

Cons

• Limited Storage
  • Poor Software Bundle
  • Unreliable Performance

• Graphics
  • Internet
  • Large Applications
  • Music
  • Video

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

Cool ilove it and fast eisy use and fast for intrnet and Ilaike it very very much

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Awesome!!!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I bought this computer last fall. It's really fast, graphics are great. It's also a beauty. When I upgraded to Vista it still did not slow it down. This is my 2nd dell computer, this one is really reliable and I never had any problems with it. It was a great value too.

64 Bit Nightmare

from Schaumburg, IL

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I Got My Dell XPS 400 Built to my needs,and I wouldn't trade it.

from Valdosta, GA

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I have enjoyed this computer since I got it. I got this computer when I started my Graphic Design Online class. I went to dell and told them what I would need to help me use it better to aid my in my courses. They built it to do that and more. I have Adobe CS3 Suite and several other graphic Design based programs. I would tell any Graphic Design student to look to Dell and this type of PC to help with their classes and even their later designs.

I would recommend this Dell XPS to anyone looking to upgrade

from Kirbyville, MO

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I bought this computer almost a year ago and it is still running as well if not better than when I bought it.  I have upgraded it with a few things:  Windows 7, new antivirus, Office 2007.  I did this to better work for what I wanted it to do.  But before it ran every game I knew of on the market easily and smoothly and had enough space to put all my pictures, music, and videos I have accumulated over the years.  I only purchased an external hard drive to move things from my old computer.  I am an avid World of Warcraft player and it runs the game with max graphics smoothly.  Only limiting item is my computer screen that I purchased seperately that limits me to 60fps.  I also love how the tower has no markings really and is a sleek glossy black.  I would recommend this computer to anyone looking to buy a new one.  It handles many tasks at the same time so if you want to you can conduct business easily.

Love my Dell

from Clayton, CA

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I bought from Dell all the time, but I won't anymore.

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I have always been an avid Dell user.  I bought a Dell last year, and the motherboard crashed on it not even 2 weeks after I had it...Dell wouldn't even pay for the data recovery, and it happened not once but twice.  My fiance bought one at the same time, and he's contiuously having graphics issues with it...and dont even get me started on all the compatibility issues with vista....blah

The Dell XPS 400 is an oldie but a goodie

from Richmond, MI

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

Got this computer a few years ago and it is going strong. Managed to get a discount on it, which made it an even better purchase. I like that you can customize the computer when you order from Dell, which means I got what I wanted without having to pay for different things that I didn't want. I did make a mistake when I ordered this computer, though. I tried to be as cheap as possible and I decided to go with the standard speakers instead of upgrading. That was a mistake. I like to listen to a radio show that is broadcasted on the internet and the standard speakers don't have enough volume or quality to suit me, and I'm not one of those never satisfied people! Now to get the better speakers it would cost a lot more, since Dell offers discounts when you bundle things together. Also, with the age of the computer it is almost time to upgrade. Overall I was happy with this one. I have heard Dell horror stories from some of my friends about ordering issues, but I was happy.

worth the money

from Mcalester, OK

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

I have had several compact computers which bit the dust way too soon.  The last one I bought lasted only 1 yr, so I checked out dell.  The best idea I ever had.  I got a great deal , great service, and a great computer.  From now on I will stick with dell as they are great at helping you with anything you may need and giving you real time response and making sure you are satisfied.  The xps 400 is great for playing games and just about anything you want to do.  It is very efficient and compact so it doesn't take up a whole lot of room.  I would definitely purchase this model again and have recommended it to all of my friends and family.

Love It!

from Lake Ariel, PA

Comments about Dell XPS 400 desktop computer:

My last computer I had for 5+ years and it was sooooo slow.  When it came time for the new one, I wanted to stick with dell because you can customize.  I just received the new xps420 and totally love it.  Vista is not a problem navigating, the computer is so smooth and nice looking and I love how much faster it is.  Also, the shipping was super fast and I had my computer in a week!  Would totally recommend.