View more laptops

Other Laptops:
Dell
Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC

Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC

The Vostro 3500 is worth what it costs.

While the Vostro is definitely not the most powerful Dell laptop out there, it is more than worth its cost and definitely enough for most people.

I purchased this laptop to...Read complete review

I purchased this laptop to use while at college and thus do not require it to be too powerful. If you were a gamer, for example, you would perhaps want a machine with a more powerful processor and better video card. However, this laptop is absolutely perfect for and capable of surfing the internet, running basic Microsoft Office products, storing photos, etc.

This laptop is relatively less pricey than others types such as the Studio from Dell. I recommend this laptop for business purposes or for students, like myself, to use in class. The cheaper price is particularly attractive for students as they will not want to spend *too* much on their new laptop, and for businesses that may be buying in bulk to stock their offices.

My only complaint would be the inferior video card. And, again, the processor is not excellent, but for business and school purposes, it is more than powerful enough. All in all, this is an excellent model for the price.

It does the job

It does what its supposed to do. This is a business laptop, therefore it is not supposed to offer an immersive multimedia experience. If you are looking to play games and do media intensive things, you should look elsewhere. However, if you are just using it for daily tasks, such as browsing the internet and writing word documents, it performs the job admirably. This is a no frills laptop. It has a muted appearance. I haven't had any problems with what its supposed to do in terms of reliability. If you are just looking to to do day to day tasks, I would recommend this rather than an overpriced Apple laptop. However, if you are looking for better media and gaming performance, you should probably look into other options. The speakers on this laptop are on the quiet side; the majority of other laptops I have seen have more robust sound. Also, the graphics capability and processing power is on the lowside, therefore heavy gaming is a no-no on this laptop. All-in-all, it gets the job done.

Nice computer

from Sherwood, AR

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

My husband and I purchased this (our first laptop) to replace our gigantic, antiquated dektop. What a difference! This isn't the lightest machine out there, but obviously, the convenience of carrying around the computer instead of being locked in to one place in your home is invaluable. I wish ours had a bigger hard drive because after transferring all of our music, pictures and video, we found ourselves using a lot more space than I had originally intended. The only issues we've had with the machine are the sound and the battery. The sound is starting to get crackly and I'm guessing won't last much longer. The battery was practically useless after 2 years. We were only using it while plugged up because it only lasted about 30 minutes (if that). Replacement battery had us fixed up and she's kicking again though.

Dellis soo lightweight....

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

Its been pretty good...I've been having a few problems getting items deleted...and the sound volumn is way too low for music. But I have added external speakers, so that problem has been taken care of. I'm happy with the speed. The screen resolution is great. No other problems...

love my laptop

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

I have had my Dell Vostro 3500 laptop for almost exactly 2 years now. I really love my laptop! I love that it is completely black for the physical aspect, and i love the size of the keyboard and the key placements also! This laptop has been dropped lightly a few times and is still in great condition. it has never had any screen problems which is good because my last two laptops had to be sold or trashed eventually because screen started going black. But that has not happened with my laptop now so i am very happy about that! unfortunately about two weeks ago the battery just stopped charging completely so that is annoying. thankfully the laptop still works and stays on as long as it is plugged in to the wall, but take it out for one second and the computer will die instantly on you. But i am going to buy a new battery on amazon and i looked yesterday and they are around 30 bucks which isnt bad so overall i love this laptop.

not shabby as a beginner's laptop

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

This is a good purchase for a college student. It features an i3 350M processor. Out of Intel's i series the i3 is the lowest and weakest but honestly, it has plenty of power to take lecture notes, to listen to mp3s, talk and chat online, and to watch streaming videos. These are the typical activities of a college student and in that regard this Dell Vostro 3500 does great. There is simply no need to purchase an expensive i7 powered laptop unless your son or daughter is a math major that needs to run processor-heavy simulations on Fortran, for example. The laptop comes with 2gb of memory but you can easily upgrade that to a more suitable figure (especially with ram prices so low these days). The harddrive is ample as it has 250gb of space. The downside to this laptop is that it comes with Windows 7 home premium. It is not the end of the world but I prefer Windows 7 professional and up. Build quality seems alright (so far). I have several friends who have had issues with brand new Dells so we'll see how it lives up.

All is well with Dell

from La Mirada, CA

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

Recently I was jealous of my friend Carley, because she had a Macbook Air. Well no longer. I am a total Dell fan. I love this laptop. It is easy to use and so easy to type with. I cannot say enough good things about this computer. I am totally hooked. Dell is affordable and from a brand I trust. The security is better-I have not gotten one virus or felt like my computer was not reliable. I trust Dell and I fully recommend this laptop to anyone considering buying one. As a full-time student I understand the importance of needing a reliable laptop that is cheap and easy to use. Look no further. Macs are a ripoff and so overrated. If you want a computer that will be your best friend and help you to do well in school a Dell is the way to go. It is simply the best out there.

Everything I look for in a laptop

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

I have pretty much always had a laptop.  It just seems to me that a laptop is so much more useful than a desktop.  It is getting to the point these days that  laptops are pretty much the same price as desktops and the performance is very similar.

That being said, I have always loved Dell laptops.  They are always a great value, and every one I have used has lasted a long time.  This laptop is no different.  It was a very competitive price.  Dell service is always amazing.  I haven't had it for too long, but I haven't had a single problem so far.  I can't really think of anything else I would need in a laptop.  I don't play games with mine, so I can't comment on the ability of it to handle high quality graphics, but for my day to day computing needs it is great.

I will say that I have done a decent amount of photo editing using both PHotoshop and Lightroom, and this laptop can handle it without any problems.  I would highly recommend this Dell.

Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook is awsome

from Levittown, PA

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

I got this for my birthday and it is a very good notebook. First of all it has a very long battery life and it surprises me how long the thing can last without having to be charged and it has an i3 core processor which is pretty fast for a note book so you can run multiple application at once and it will run very smoothly and i haven't had any problems with it and it has a very nice and sharp picture screen witch is a pretty good thing for a notebook and i asked how much it coasted from my friend who gave it to me and he got it for a pretty cheap and nice price.I would recommended this product for anyone who wants a fast computer with a nice screen.This notebook had a large hard drive which was 250gb and that is very large and it has 2gb of Ram wich is also a nice thing about this so if you are thinking of buying this i highly recommend it and it makes a very good present and for personal use.The screen is 15.6 inch.

It does the job

from Long Beach, CA

This Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook Pc is awesome

from Lynch Station, VA

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

This laptop is very reliable, one of the most reliable computers I have had in a very long time. I work from home and this computer is very, very dependable. I plan to get my daughter one for Christmas for she will be going to college soon and will definitely need one (and one she van depend on at that) I needed a computer with lots of speed and capabilities and I find all of this with this product. I take it with me just about everywhere I go so with that said my work is not strictly at home but I can take my work where ever I go. I never go traveling without it, all of my business presentations and very important reports are stores on this computer and I don't think that I could trust another computer with this viable information. I prefer my Dell over any other name brand computer. In the past I have had Macs, Hps and others but none of them live up to the performance of this notebook.

I love my Dell Laptop.

from Corona, CA

Comments about Dell Vostro 3500 Notebook PC:

My husband bought me a Dell laptop last year and I love how lightweight and reliable it is. It so light that I can take it traveling or just to school and not feel like my shoulder is going to fall off.