Other Laptops:

Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook

Reasonably good laptop

from Random Lake, WI

Comments about Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook:

I bought this to go to Uni in Glasgow last year from the Dell website. It works pretty well and runs pretty quickly. It also has a decent amount of hard drive space. One thing is irritating, however - the volume shortcuts at the top get stuck on and then the volume keeps turning itself up! This is really annoying when I am meant to be studying in the library.

Works okay, but with a few problems

from Valley Stream, NY

Comments about Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook:

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have always been a PC person, and I chose this laptop because I thought Dell would be pretty reliable and it was reasonably priced. I like this computer for the way that it functions and that fact that it comes in a variety of fun colors (I have purple, my favorite). It's a good screen size, as well, and the keyboard is easy to type on, and the operating system (Windows 7) is pretty good. However, I have had some problems with it, and a lot of problems with Dell Customer Service. I'm on my third hard drive on this one laptop, owing to the fact that Dell screwed up when they installed the second one. I've also had some problems with the built-in webcam and microphone, and I have found recenty that my speakers are starting to die despite the fact that I've only had it for a year and a half and don't generally blast music from them. Overall, it's a good choice if you don't want to spend a lot, but you might have some problems.

The Studio 15 works great for the price

from Buffalo Grove, IL

Comments about Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook:

When I got this laptop, it was an upgrade from my very old, 40 Gig laptop. So it impressed from the very start! I bought mine refurbished so we got a much better price than the manufacturer wanted.

It's a pretty standard laptop. The display is bright and large, and pretty sharp and clear. The laptop, right after it's shipped, runs quite fast. Mine shipped with Vista, which I don't really like, but you can get rid of it or you can speed it up.

The keyboard and mouse are both pretty sturdy. The keyboard has a backlight, which I love, and the mouse has lots of options for customizing sensitivity, etc. I have a big ol' battery on the back of my laptop which is really great, it increases the time between charges. The laptop is kinda heavy for it, though.

I like the build-in webcam and the webcam software. There are two headphone jacks, one microphone jack, two USB ports, a CD drive, an ethernet port, HDMI port, wireless switch, and a couple of other things I've never used.

The only bad thing about the studio 15 is the horrible speakers. If you want good audio, this laptop is not for you. Even though all of the other features are solid.

The Dell Studio 15 is a mid range computer at an economy price!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook:

As I said in the title, the Dell Studio 15 is a mid range computer at an economy price.  I got it refurbished with a couple dot scuff marks.  That's about where the negatives ended.  I was replacing a 3 year old laptop that was about as fast as a computer from 1995.  The difference is night and day.

The Dell Studio 15 has pluses across the board.  The audio and video are beautiful for a laptop, high def video play wonderfully even without a video card and the sound it crisp and clear.  It runs really fast from boot up/down to applications.  It's as fast as the PC I just built and the only specs it has that are better is the i3 processor.

I have the 9 hour battery which is a godsend on long trips and runs a little warm but no where near anything that is abnormal for a PC.  The battery does protrude a little but all that effects is putting a laptop cooler on the bottom of it. I keyboard and track pad are standard with nothing abnormal about them.

There is nothing I could really complain about this device and would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Nice buy but runs too hot

from Aliso Viejo, CA

Comments about Dell Studio (883685980092) PC Notebook:

I had to buy this laptop for school purposes, and I have to say that I like a lot about it.  It provides me the i7 Intel processor chip allowing quad-core computing at my fingertips, 6gb DDR3 RAM, as well as a spacious 500GB hard drive.  Though I had no choice of the graphics card to use in it, I was stuck with the ATI Radeon 5470 1GB GPU.  I was fairly unimpressed with a 1GB GPU that can barely handle games League of Legends and Call of Duty.  If I had to rebuy or would rebuy this computer, I would undoubtedly have gone with the GeForce 330 or 335M as their reputation as the #1 Graphics chip maker has never failed me for years on end.  My only real complaint would be that the system overheats very easily, as you feel either side of the mousepad, the heat will penetrate to the top layer of the keyboard and feel extremely warm.  Other than that though, this laptop is a nice buy for any household basic computing needs, but I would highly recommend getting an XPS for gaming.