View more laptops

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

I have enjoyed my Dell inspiration mini

I have really enjoyed my Dell Inspiration mini.  It is great for traveling because it is very light weight and small.  I can slide it into its sleeve and place it into the majority of my handbags and take it anywhere.  It also fits nicely into a carryon bag without taking up much space or adding much weight to your bag.  I love the size, but its small size also carries limitations.  For one thing, the computer does not have a lot of memory, so it may not be ideal if it is your primary computer.  I mainly use mine for word processing, internet, and storing photos from my digital camera.  Also, it has no diskdrive, so you cannot use it to operate games or programs that require a disk.  You can purchase a disk drive to plug into the computer, but I can see where it would not be ideal for someone who uses a lot of programs.  It is just right for me because I use it for typing up lesson plans for my teaching job and checking e-mail and facebook and such.  It is also they computer that we take on vacation because it keeps us connected, and we can use it to store photos from vacation so that we can free up space on our camera's memory card.  So, while I do not think it would be a good primary computer, it is just right for my specific needs.

I love Dell. I love mini things. Just maybe not together.

Welllll.....I can't say I *don't *like this netbook, but I can't say I love it either.  Maybe I am just really used to my desktop or a standard laptop.  Yeah, that's probably it.  It's cute as can be--small, lightweight, portable, which I am very happy with, but....it will not be my computer of choice.  Like others have mentioned, the keyboard is so small that you find yourself getting really good with the backspace key.  But, y'know--it's a small computer so that's ok too, and you get used to just slowing down a bit when typing.  I am not a "hunt and peck" typist, but I find myself doing just that with the keys.  It starts up ad shuts down really fast--much faster actually than my other computers, and it cruises the internet beautifully.  I am not really very fond of the Ubuntu at all.  It is so vague in how you can change anything like the mouse overs that I just gave up trying.  And the power cord was/is definitely bad.  It broke clean through and was throwing sparks, so I taped it up with electrical tape to get it to work--it does, but wow, that shouldn't happen.  And....where the power supply plugs in is wobbly, so when you think it is charging it might not be.  It does play a movie well, and has lots of extra ports to plug stuff in (like a mouse), which is a plus.  All in all I do like it for my purposes of just getting on the internet, playing a few games of cards and watching a movie, but if you want a full computers capability it is a bit lacking.

One of my favorite laptops

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

I used my Dell mini 9 until it dies this past summer. It had been been fixed so many times but it was one tough laptop that it survived 4 years and a handful of repairs. I have small hands so the small keyboard was great for me. I never had any issues typing with it. The screen was small but a good enough size for me to see what I was doing or watch a movie or show. I did have some sound issues and webcam issues but that all occurred after the first Dell repair. I am sure the messed up the drivers reinstallment. The laptop was very lightweight. I was able to put it in my purse and take it anywhere with me. The motherboard finally went after 4 yrs. I really wish it was still working but it was perfect for me.

Extremely simple.

Battery Life
Wish it would have lasted longer.

Support & Service
Dell support is horrible.

Speed/Performance
For my needs it was fast enough.

Loved how small and light it was.

Lasted four years of being carried around.

Dell Mini 9 Netbook

from Westminster, CA

Dell Mini 9

Pros: it is quite nice looking, and it has different options of colors to choose from.

it is light ,small, and just great to bring around school.

It is very easy to upgrade the components on this netbook. Open the back, the memory is accessible, and the harddrive is accessible.

Cons: Its kinda little to small to use the keyboard

The hard drive space is limited

Greatest laptop!

from Greendale, WI

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

I have bought two of these, one for me and another for my mom.  I used mine for business everyday and it works really great .  I even run my laptop almost twenty- four sevens and no problem at all.  My mom dont use it much but she also have it on all the time and have it plugged in in her office.  I think it is very durrable because it have no moving parts so there is not much to break down in there.  Also the laptop is very small and lightweight so very convenient to haul around.  I even dropped mine once and it still works wonderful.  It doesn't overheat that easily at all like a lot of other laptop. I would reccommend this to anyone needing a very durable laptop or something like to carry around like elderly and student or even for business.  The only downside is the memmory.  It is small so not much memory but if you need you can always use a portable external hard drive. My wives even love the thing so I will buy two more mini dell in the future one for my wife and another for my dad.

Tiny little titan, this netbook is, full of power

from Plano, TX

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

We currently have 6 computers in our home. We have 2 desktops (1 for the kids, 1 for my work/office) and 4 laptops (my wife's HP, my full-size 17-incher, a dell 710 with mounting issues, and this little black beauty the Dell mini 910. I received this computer shortly after it was released. It was listed on Dell's very own refurbished site (a great place to buy them!) and I bit. Very inexpensive and Very small. The reason I purchased it was to take it on a tour (travelling musician) all over the world so that I could skype with my wife, our 2 twins, and our 4 day-old new son. I needed something SMALL that I could take literally anywhere easily and whip it out to skype! It's been to Turkey, Egypt, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Kosovo, etc... and it worked GREAT! Now I have had it for 2 years and it's still working like a charm! No dvd drive, but if you need to install, just temporarily stick a usb dvd drive on! Works great! And FAST!

Battery Life
Knocked off a star because the battery life started to become absolutely awful after some time. Guess I need to purchase a new battery.

Not enough memory!

from Waldorf, MD

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

When my last notebook computer died, netbooks had just started to come out.  They were the next big thing and so I wanted one.  They're small, inexpensive and cute.  So I bought the Dell Mini 9.  It wasn't long before I realized I needed to buy more RAM.  It was slow to start up and slow when it came to multi-tasking.  So I upgraded it to 2 GB of RAM.  It did make it start up faster and load applications a little quicker.

I've had the Mini 9 for about 2 years now.  It really is only good for Internet browsing and email.  The small 8 GB hard drive makes it hard to use it for anything else.  You can't really install any additonal software since it takes up too much space on the hard drive.  I barely have anything installed on it right now and it's constantly telling me I'm running out of memory.

I mainly use it when I am away on vacation.  I'll take it with me since it's small and doesn't take much room.  I'm able to browse the Internet and log into my email.  It does have a webcam but I have yet to use it.  I'm afraid that with such little memory, it'll just crash.

Looking back, I should've spent a little money and opted for one with a bigger screen and more memory!

It died on me after almost 3 years. It won't even boot anymore.

smaller is sometimes better

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

well, when you have the choice of fullsize laptop or itouch, it is a no brainer. Itouch too small for extensive internet viewing and fullsize laptop too much to carry around so the mini is just right when you are on the run and still want to keep commected

Dell MIni 9

from Newark, DE

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

I bought the Dell Mini 9 two years ago and absolutely love it. It is a spectacular netbook. It is so small and portable and has excellent battery life. It is the perfect computer to take along when you travel. This is not a high powered machine but it is perfect for web browsing, email, basic games, watching movies and other simple tasks. I have recently put Windows 7 on my Mini and it works much better than Windows XP that it came with. i would highly recommend purchasing a license for Windows 7 if you own a Mini. The fact that the Mini uses a solid state drive means that it is very fast to boot up. I upgraded mine with a 16GB SSD because I needed a some more space than the 4GB that originally came with the computer. I also put 2GB of RAM into it to increase its speed a little bit. The keyboard on the computer is the only downfall of the small size. The keyboard is al ittle bit cramped and can be hard to type on. I sometimes accidentally hit the touchpad as I type. Overall I am in love with my Dell Mini 9 it is a great netbook. I use it to take notes in class when I don't want to have to carry around my full size laptop computer. I highly recommend this product to some in the market for a netbook.

Everything is smaller, for better or worse

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

I bought this laptop basically on a whim since I was able to get it cheap for the Dell Outet. I also knew I would be able to run Mac OS X on this machine which was very tempting.

When I opened the box I was really amazed at how small the machine was. A little bigger than a paperback. It booted fast because of the SSD drive and the screen was pretty nice and crisp.

However, with that smaller size comes a **very** small keyboard. It's the kind of keyboard where all the slashes, dashes and brackets need a Fn keypress to access. I spend a lot of my time in a terminal or coding and this keyboard isn't very good for that use.

However, it did run Mac OS X pretty well although I eventually ended up running Jolicloud on it and I'm very happy with it **except **for the keyboard size.

Although it's in a totally different price range, that's what I love about the MacBook Air. Despite being a tiny computer, you get the same size keyboard that comes on their MacBook Pro line.

It's a nice machine if all you want is a very small computer to do simple web browsing with. But if you're a touch typer, the small keyboard will drive you batty and since the larger once isn't much more expensive, I don't think I'd recommend it.

I think my next step might be to sell this machine and get the 10" model.

awesome

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

I liked the Dell Mini Inspiron 9 Netbook PC so much that I bought one for each of my kids living at hime! The ones that I purchased were more than reasonably priced. They are lightweight and simple to use. The Dell Mini Inspiron 9 Netbook PC is very easy to type on. It has a nice and large screen with no glare whatsoever. The ones that I purchased came with Windows 7. They use the Intel Atom. A great luttle product that can be used anywhere since it has built-in Wi-Fi. It is great for surfing the internet, checking e-mail and watching videos on You Tube. TheDell Mini Inspiron 9 Netbook PC comes with extra USB ports so you can use it with a mouse or use a memory stick. I use it to load up photos to send to family and friends across the country. I definiely recommend this neat little contraption.

I love the smallness

from Mulberry, FL

Comments about Dell Netbook PC:

This past christmas my boyfriend brought me the mini laptop from dell , Let me say it is the most amazing gift I have gotten in a long time . It is very powerful to me , I can do my work on it ; I can take it just about anywhere ; The fact that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg is also a very amazing deal . Dell has done an awesome job with making the Dell Inspiron Mini Laptop . It also fits in my purse so I dont have to worry about finding a big enough bag to put it in . The battery lasts a while also so that allows me to pretty much finish what i have to do without having to make sure it's always plugged in . The weight of it is another good thing , It doesn't hardly weigh anything at all . My daughter likes to play little games and likes to lay on the ground so it allows her to pick it up without weighing a ton . I would have to say I would buy another one for sure . I will also be buying one for my boyfriend very soon because he seems to like mine very much .