Other Laptops:
Dell
D600HI
Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC

Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC

Great bang for the buck!

I bought my Dell D600 back when I was in highschool. I worked as a computer technician and some guy was complaining of a broken screen. He sold it to me for 50 bucks and it took me about another 50 to fix, and I have to say 4 years later i love it. Being in college with classes 12 hours a day (its a long day) I use this puppy non-stop 24/7. It is absolutley BUILT for multi-tasking. I used to think it looked ugly (lets face it its not the prettiest computer) but it does the job and it does it well. Also dell support is absolutley OUTSTANDING. When i broke the hinge (which was my fault not a defect) i checked to see if the warranty was still intact and it was, Dell came out NEXT business day to fix it. It was amazing. There are so many of these out in the market that if anything does go wrong it is incredibly easy to fix. I am not a light computer user, I use it as soon as i wake up 12 hours a day surfing the web, typing notes, etc. And i watch netflix as i fall asleep, (I take it into the bathroom as well....TO READ!) I could not have ASKED for a better deal. To date I have thrown it, dropped it, got it wet, had it under a peg of a chair, and god knows what else and it is running fantastic. I have fixed alot of laptops and I can tell you, although Dell is not the most aestheically pleasing brand it sure does do the job, and does it well.  I was a big Dell hater before this laptop, the only reason i got it was because of the price but it really is a RELIABLE laptop. If you're looking for a cheap, fast, not-gaming, professional laptop then look no further.My opinions of other laptops i have worked onSony Vios - I have worked on so many that have broken...they use cutting edge technology and they look hott but they are very fragile parts are expensive to fix.Compaq - Depends on the year the early ones were absolutley terrible, the later ones were heavy. Not so reliable they do break but parts aren't that expensiveHP - The new HP laptops are VERY WELL built, reliable, solid, light-wieght highly reccomend just a little bit more pricey. Dell - Reliable a bit on the ugly side. Cheap parts, BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE.Toshiba - quite possibly the worst, terrible battery charge...break easily. Parts are cheap but stay awayMac's - extremely reliable, extremely expensive....If your into cars. Sonies are BMW's nice unlike no other but ridiculously expensive to keep up with, Dell's are toyotas, HP is honda, Toshiba is kia, Compaq is some american company...Ford, and Mac's..... Mac's are like mercedes i guess.

good laptop for a student, but not the best one out there

I've had this laptop since the summer before my freshman year of college, and I'm now going into my senior year.  As expected, my laptop has experienced a bit of wear and tear, and thank goodness I bought the protection plan!  I am not very rough with the screen at all, and it has come unhinged twice in the time I've had it.  I have a few friends with this laptop and the same problem, as well (this is the laptop my school promoted to incoming freshmen my year).  The screen is starting to have issues now (even before it came unhinged), as there are discolorations and lines running down it.  Many of my keyboard letters have rubbed off.  One thing I love about this keyboard, though, is that they keys are relatively easy to take off and put back on for cleaning, but the air pump doesn't work very well if the keys are all on.  Another thing I love is that is has both the keyboard and touchpad mouses.  Sometimes if you use the keyboard mouse for too long it will scroll by itself and you can't control it for a minute or so.  The battery life drains quickly; about 6 months after getting the laptop it was already significantly lower.  I replaced the battery about 8 months ago, because my laptop couldn't stay on for more than 20-30 minutes without the charger.  The charger is annoying to wrap because after wrapping it about 10 times, the piece of rubber that holds the clip together falls out of the band.

Very nice @comfortable

from Saudia

About Me Tech Savvy

Pros

• Lightweight

Cons

• Word Processing

Dealy

• Primary use:
    • Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

dell latitude

from Johnson City, TN

Pros

• Comfortable Keyboard
    • Fast
    • Long Battery Life
    • Quality Display

Cons

• Heavy

• Music
    • Video
    • Web Browsing

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

I purchased a dell latitude laptop for my daughter for Christmas, 2014. It is an amazing piece of technology. It always fires up quickly. It is clear and works like a charm all the time, every time. The graphics are clear and consistent. It is an all-around great computer.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Not a bad laptop

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

I purchased this laptop gently used from a tech guy on Craigslist, and overall, I've been impressed. I liked it more than the Dell Inspiron I had in the past (which had constant over-heating problems). The laptop seems durable enough, it's a good size, and easy to use. It's served me well for the time I've had it. Although the hard drive just died, but I assume it will be up and running once replaced.

Battery Life
    I've never had a laptop that doesn't have battery issues.

• Battery Life:
    • Support & Service:
    • Speed/Performance:

Works Great!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

My employer recently provided me with a brand new Dell Lattitude. My old model was still going strong after 6 1/2 years but it was time for newer and better! I have been very impressed with the new one and I know it came at a decent price. Its compact, which is great for transporting back and forth from home to work to meetings away from the office. Its fast to load and has plenty of memory. If this laptop lasts as long as my last dell Latitude and serves me as well, I will be even more impressed! Overall, I have had dell systems in my work place for years now and they have never failed to deliver. Very few breakdowns and over all very reliable and rugged. Considering that this particullar model is very inexpensive, I give it a thumbs up. Highly recommended to budget consious folks. I am a convert

• Battery Life:
    • Support & Service:
    • Speed/Performance:

My Dell Latitude D600 makes my life easier!

from Leominster, MA

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

Since I'm not a computer geek and use my Dell Latitude D600 mostly to check email and do searches w/ occasional stops to my favorite websites to shop or visit with friends I can't tell you much. All I know is that it works really well, is quite easy to use and allows me to rest on my sofa as I use it rather than having to sit at a desk in a chair that hurts my back and makes my mouse arm go cold - due to some chronic health issues.

A friend who is a computer geek and total techie recommended it when he spotted it on his favorite techie site for a great price! I have yet to explore all its features, but also realize I'd need to get more memory if I want to download anything additional to what's on it already. It didn't come with huge amounts of memory. I've always heard good things about Dell computers & Intel Pentium processors. Now I can also say they are excellent with experience behind my opinion.

Since my Dell Latitude D600 is refurbished, that may have something to do w/ the fact that it sometimes won't let me connect to the internet even though everything indicates I have a connection. So, it requires a few extra steps to get on the internet.

awsome product

from morro bay, CA

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

slim product soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  good

good laptop for a student, but not the best one out there

from New City, NY

My Dell Latitude D600 is simple yet functional

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

I needed a laptop that was lightweight and not complex or difficult to use so that I could use it at home but also take it with me to do work away from home. Since I am not a computer person I wanted something easy to use and one that would allow me to check mail from my office and to do other things like shop or visit with frineds. It meets all of my expectations plus. It is small enough to fit in a small case which is important to me as I travel by plane a lot and space is a premium. I love being wireless so that I can use it at hotels and airports as well as in any room at home. It certainly has make my life easier and offers all of the basis software. My grandchildren love to use this computer for their games and when they travel with us it keeps them occupied for hours. The battery is usually good for around ninety minutes before recharging and while I would not consider this a desktop replacement it more than meets my needs.

not the best

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

dell laptops in general are terrable i have owned two differnt models the insparon and a lattitude and both of them have had screen problems the screen on these seemto keep going out and there keybords are just as bad keys pop off and certain buttons get stuck bootup time is also an issue if i had to recamend a computer to some one it would not be dell i would most likely rcament hp or toshiba but not dell unless you are a computer builder and want a project to do if you know what you are doing as even to change somthing like a video card is more then enough to want to pull you hair out and some dells have none serviseable parts that if they go out you cant even get it fixed like the d620 . i have built up a ton of pcs and never did i have such trouble as i did with the dells if i could never work on another dell again it would be great even there desk top computers are not that great never the less dell is not the way to go

Not a good buy

from Bensenville, IL

Comments about Dell Latitude Notebook/Laptop PC:

I bought this product from a seller on here in Feb. 2010, and I have to say I hate it! There were several problems, first the laptop I was sent the first time was defective. The battery would not hold a charge and the actual computer would not run on the power cord. Second, I was sent a whole new laptop, quickly, I might add, and the charger for the laptop was a different brand and would not work with the computer I purchased. So instead of waiting for a new one, I just went and bought one from walmart. No big deal. After that the only problem I had was that the pointer moves on its own all the time and gets frozen in certain places, then it takes forever for it to come back. It happens a lot when I type. Now the main problem I am having, which is a big problem!! The computer is falling apart, I literally had to glue a few parts together!! No joke! Sometimes parts just pop right off! So in closing, if it looks to good to be true, it most likely is!! Pay another hundred bucks and buy something that will last, instead of buying something cheap that will fall apart in no time!!