View more desktops

Dell Latitude E6500 Laptop Computer (Intel Core Duo P8800 250GB/4GB) PC Desktop

Dell Latitude E6500 Laptop Computer (Intel Core Duo P8800 250GB/4GB) PC Desktop

Dell E6500 - not bad but could use more power

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Dell Latitude E6500 Laptop Computer (Intel Core Duo P8800 250GB/4GB) PC Desktop:

My company provided this laptop to me and I have been using it for about 1.5 years now.  As per today's standards, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor doesn't quite hold up to the New Core i5 and i7 lappys out there.  But even now, this laptop can still hold on surprisingly well given its age.

I still have no problems with software development, running VMs, running SQL Server Management Studio and more all at once with no trouble at all.

Laptop has a nice size and weight for its class and a fancy facelifted color that is not the norm for Dell business class laptops.  The only thing is that the case/bezel is quite flemsy and has already cracked near the LCD on the base.

This is my first laptop that came with a built in webcam which is nice, and the backlit keyboard is SWEET.  If I had my way, I would not own a laptop that didn't have a backlit keyboard ever again... they are THAT convenient.

One other nice feature is the built-in eSATA port, and multi-video output (for DVI, VGA, or HDMI).  For its age it is still relavent and hopefully will last me a while longer.