View more laptops

Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC

Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC

3.9

Very Good Laptop

The Dell Latitude E5500 is a great laptop for anyone. I have owned mine for over a year now and have had no problems out of it so far. My wife owns one that she uses for college and the teens use mine to play internet games off of. They absolutely love the Dell also. The Dell Latitude E 5500 is a durable computer. It has the Intel Core Duo inside it and i believe this technology is very up to date. The laptop is a little heavy but not over heavy. I think it's a little heavy because it's built rugged and won't break down easy. I havn't dropped mine, but if i was to drop it with the screen closed i believe that it would sustain minimal if none at all damages. This is because of how good it is built. I have not had a problem with the battery life of my Dell, however if i am going to be somewhere for a while i will take the power chord with me. I would do that with any laptop though. I would say overall that this Dell is a great buy for the price and durability.

Not bad for a starter.

Dell Latitude E5500 (blcwdfp) PC Notebook —

Dell Latitude E5500 (blcwdfp) PC Notebook —

I have had the dell latitude e5500 for a year now.  It had some bugs and gliches to it, so we had to have it looked at several times to get things running right.  Now it runs fine, it is good enough as a basic laptop, no bells and whistles... meaning it doesnt come with a cd burner.  Although it does have a cd- rom.  The keys are easy to use and nice size.  The touch pad is finicky though and at times doesnt respond right away, in other words there is hesitation.  It starts up fast and shuts down without much problem.  It has plenty of USB ports about 4, a fax and also a broadband port. it is WiFi capable.   The battery life is not long but that may be typical with laptops so i dont take it over an hour before needing to recharge it. has a couple different memory card slots. I like the screen size, it is big enough for what we need it for, internet use.  Movies play nicely  and the sound is good.  It is on the smaller end so taking it with you is not difficult, fits in a medium to smaller bag. The price we paid was high in our opinion compared to the features it offers.  Next time we will be looking for something with at least a burner on it.   But for a first laptop it was fine.

Very Good Laptop

from Greenbrier, AR

OK For First Laptop or Kids

from Tracy, CA

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

We got this laptop for my son to do his schooling on, and I'm not that happy with it.  The battery life is pathetic, and the mouse works "sometimes".  The keys work great, and it'd be ok for a first-time laptop owner or for a kid's first computer, but not if someone needed one to last a long time.

I love my latitude E5500 laptop!

from Amherst, VA

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

I bought this Dell Latitude E5500 6 months ago, and it has been a great computer.  It has given me no problems, and I take it too and from work daily, and work is not the cleanest environment.  Has everything I need and works great on wireless internet at work and home, with no problems changing from one to the other.  So far has had good battery life.

A great laptop made by a great company.

from Savanna, IL

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

This laptop has impressed me.  Usually I have to end up stripping a Dell down and fixing it.  But this laptop is different, it has outlived any laptop that I have had in a maintainces sence.  This laptop is also easy to use and is lightweight.  I can easily go to any WiFi hotspot and connect with ease.  Also this laptop has more USB ports than any laptop that I have come accross in a while.  The screen is a good size, and the keyboard is easy to use also.  This product is a product that I would highly recomment to a new commer to laptops, or a long term user.  Dell is doing a very nice job with there products lately.  When customers ask me what kind of computer that they should get I either say a Dell Latitude or an HP laptop.  The bluetooth technology that was included in my laptop is another aspect that is easy to use with my phone.  When I connect to my network, everything is there for me to use the minute I turn the laptop on.  Great job with the one Dell!

Great Dell computer but lousy customer service

from Lawton, OK

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

The Dell **LATITUDE E5500 is a wonderful computer. However, the customer service representatives at Dell leave a lot to be desired. So, while the computer is great I would not recommend it based on Dell as a company. If you have any issues with it Dell basically leaves you to sink on your own without any regard to their customers. **

Super laptop, super price!

from Greenwood, IN

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

I recently purchased the Dell Latitude E5500.  The laptop is fairly lightweight and extremely portable.  It was incredibly easy to set-up and has worked great since I bought it.  It has wireless capabilities, a large screen and a docking station.  The docking station is a very nice feature because you can keep the laptop cord in your carrying case ready to go as opposed to having to always unpack it.  The keyboard has a very nice feel and the touchpad is not so sensitive that you are moving your mouse unwillingly.  With the intel core 2 duo processor the speed is fantastic. The operating system is Windows 7.  I was uncertain if I would like Windows 7 but it has been fantastic and is much easier to use than Windows Vista.  The only program that has not been compatible with Windows 7 so far is Microsoft Works.  Fortunately I seldom use the Microsoft Works templates so it has not been a big issue.  My Windows Office has been completely compatible.

This is a great laptop, easy to use, very portable and has all the basic features you need.  Its a great buy for a great price.

I love my laptop

from Farmington, NY

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

I received this Dell from my organization to do work from home for a Not for profit.  It's fast and works great with Quickbooks. It has a great graphics card.  The memory is just the right size.  I think it is a bit heavy to carry back and forth to meeting, but with the right laptop bag it is very doable.

Great!

from Lake Providence, LA

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

Wow! We are really  enjoying our new Dell latitude E5500 series laptop computer. My husband brought it for my son and daughter so that they could do their school work on it however, I stay on it as much as they do ; maybe more!  It is so quick and fast  and it's capability to get to  the  sites I need is impressive! We have been taking our turns on it and enjoying it's use. we are thinking about putting ourselves on a schedule for the sue of it because we all are really enjoying it so much until now we have to well need to split the time that we are actually on the computer. Every since my husband purchased it and brought it to the house and we have all took turns on the new Dell Latitude E 5500 series we have all been enjoying it's capabilities and have been battling for to use it! The quickness and fastness with  which  it gets to the necessary sites that wet each need to get on has made it worth the price!

Best Laptop I've Ever Used!

from Midland, TX

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

I've had my Dell Latitude E5500 for about two months now, and it's been the best performing laptop I've used so far. I like the ergonomics of the keyboard, the brightness of the screen, and the cool blue stripe on the power strip. The bluetooth and built-in wireless cards are also big plusses, making it easier than ever to access any wireless internet interface that is available. It runs Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Publisher without any issues. It's great for surfing the internet, downloading music, and getting my work done. It's not too heavy, so traveling with it is a breeze. It makes virtually no sounds. The USB connections on both sides of the computer make for easy hookup of my USB flash drive, my 10-key and my mouse. Haven't used the touchpad, too old school to utilize that to it's potential. I like dull black color of the case too. I would recommend it to anyone needing a laptop for work, school or home.

Fast but too heavy.

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Dell Latitude E5500 Notebook PC:

I was given this laptop by my office to use for work.  Since I am a lawyer I do a lot of online research on westlaw (legal information site) and just general online research on what things cost. Overall I am pleased with the performance of this laptop. It is very fast online and I really like the wireless access for home.  Another great feature to this laptop is that it has great battery life. I have never had my battery die on me yet.

My main complaint about this laptop is that it is heavy. I have to carry it around with me a lot for work and it is much heavier than the last laptop I had. It is also kind of bulky and not as slim as the last computer I used. The screen is an ok size and the keyboard is fine.  I got an external mouse to use with mine just because I didn't like the touch pad.

Mine has the Windows XP operating system which I like much better than Vista.  It is easy to use and seems to work well with computer.