View more laptops

Other Laptops:
Dell
Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

The Dell Inspiron 1521 has been an reliable laptop.

This laptop computer has served me well over the past four years.  I know it's considered an older model computer, with all the advances in technology.  This laptop still runs rather fast with all the downloading I have done.  I think that Dell makes some of the best products on the market, today.  That's why I have a laptop and a Dell desktop.  I think they are very reliable computers.  The only compliant I have with the Dell Inspiron 1521 is the battery life doesn't last as long as I feel it should. It could possibly be because I have had it for a while and I have never had to replace the battery and it doesn't last as long. I have it charging quite a bit.  I am on my second charger. When the charger goes out don't expect to just get one that's compatible with your laptop to save money, it want work.  Yes, your computer will come on and you will be able to use it, but it will fail to charge your battery.  It will be just like having a desktop defeating your purpose of having a laptop in the first place.  That's my only gripe with this computer, but when this computer goes to computer heaven I will get another Dell laptop.

Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop could be better

I purchased the Dell Inspiron 1521 for my daughter for college. When it arrived, it would not read cds. We called tech assistance immediately and ended up having to send it back. When she got the new one, she upgraded the memory, following the instructions, because after all, she did own a laptop with Windows Vista. 5 months in the memory failed due to Vista compatability problems. Then she started getting blue screens, pixelated desktop and video, and even microsoft word started acting erractically. Again we called tech assistance and they sent a new harddrive 5 days later. They are obviously trying to save money if you are familiar with pcs, but if a person is green or "pc challenged" good luck trying to send it back. They would insist you talk with a tech to do an installation. Replacing the hard drive turned out to be 1,2,3, and it was ready to go again. So far so good until she has to add a program from one of her classes. Then it will be more calls to tech assistance, which take alot of time and if you don't have time, too bad, that is the way it is!!!

If you are someone who likes to upgrade,  I would say, check your sources because Vista acts like a security alert and does not like upgrades. Who knows, it could just be this particular laptop, but after reading all the problems people are having with Vista, I doubt it.

I can't praise it enough, it is the bomb!

from Mastic Beach, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I can't live without my new laptop. It is beautiful, fast and very easily portable. I really enjoy using it and I am not sure if I would bother buying another desktop computer in the future. I do use a wireless mouse with it, I am a mouse user.

It's great and easy to use.

from Phillips, WI

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I bought my laptop for college this year and have found it to be extremely useful for everything I have asked it to do so far. It's great at helping me to multitask with a to do list and clock on the side of the desktop. When listening to music or watching movies on my computer the controls on the front of the computer are very useful. Almost everything on the computer is very user friendly and easy to understand. A great feature is on the right side of the keyboard there is a panel and one light tells you the state of the computer (on, off, stand by mode) and another tells you the state of the battery by flashing when the battery is almost fully charged when charging or when unpluged it will flash when the battery is almost dead giving plenty of time for you to plug it back in.

Dell Inspiron 1521 Notebook Laptop Long Lasting

from Murfreesboro, NC

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop is a great buy! I purchased this product new from Dell in 2006 and am writing this review on it. With the right care, this laptop can last a very long time.

Upon first purchasing this lapton I had nothing but issues. It either wouldnt start, or would start and go to a 'blue screen' and shut down. I spent mannnnny hours on the phone with customer service (about 70 or so hours probably) before FINALLY being told I was sold an upgrade in video cards BUT not told I would have to upgrade the memory for the computer to work. They made me buy a larger size memory card after sending me one of the same size for free with no change. After all of this was fixed however, it became my best friend.

I have upgraded the operating system software twice, I am now running XP, and it has survived it all. It has been dropped many times, it only chipped a little when I dropped it dead on its corner in a parking lot. My only complaint now is that after the many years of use the wireless card gets a little unstable. I will randomly get kicked offline, but cutting off the wireless signal and cutting it back on usually fixes the problem.

Dell Inspiron 1521 - Easy to use, but screen has issues

from Dyersburg, TN

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I've had this laptop for around 3 years, but started have trouble with the screen flickering about a year ago, right after the warranty ran out. I can now only basically only use it when it is not plugged in. Every now an d then the flickering won't be too bad and I can use it plugged in for a short amount of time, but the screen brightness has to be all the way down. The battery life is only about 3 hours, so I can only do a little work at a time. It charges very quickly though! I researched the problem, and it seems that the same problem has happened to several different people. From the research I have done, it seems that the inverter is going out on the screen. Before the problem, and even now, the computer is user-friendly. Even though mine had Vista, I ever ran into any problems with the laptop. I love how I am able to use it anywhere I go. It also has a SD card reader, a CD drive with a CD/DVD burner, and a lot of other cool useful features. if it wasn't for the problem with the screen, I would have no problem with this laptop.

The best and only laptop I've ever had!

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have had this laptop for over 3 years now and it is still working perfectly. I use it every single day for at least 4 hours. I take it with me to work when I need to and it is never a problem.

When I purchased it, it was running on Windows Vista. I don't think this laptop can handle vista. It was running extremely slow and it just sucked. I couldn't handle it anymore and had Windows XP installed. The difference was **i n c r e d i b l e**!

This laptop has been dropped on the floor from about 3 feet up in the air and nothing happened to it. I think that is pretty amazing.

The screen is really easy to clean and is nice and bright.

I am NOT going to put this as a con for the laptop because it is technically my fault - but I get crumbs between the keys sometimes and they are really hard to get out. There just isn't a lot of space between the keys. I shouldn't be eating around my laptop.

The navigation pad isn't too sensitive so that is a major plus. I bought a wireless mouse for it but haven't even ever used it because the pad is great!

Price was expensive when I first bought it but the price has come down a lot. I recommend this laptop!!!

dell inspiron not the best for college students

from Lansdale, PA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I think this computer runs fairly well, and i like the size of the screen. I have a little bit of issues with internet from time to time, with the window crashing and such things. I also have issues with it connecting to wireless networks. but other than that it runs fairly well.

The Dell Inspiron 1521 is the perfect laptop for me!

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I use my Dell Inspiron 1521 for business, school and for personal reasons.  My occupation is a reading specialist and I have to create reports online daily for schools and district personnell to review.  I also teach reading endorsement classes online which means logging on daily to facilitate and grade assignments.  I am currently enrolled in a doctorate program and all except for three of my classes have been completely online.  I have to not only submit assignments online but also participate in classes and group meetings through the university's online chat.  For personal reasons I check email, surf the internet and participate in social networking.  My laptop allows me to easily multi-task and conduct all of these things on a daily basis.  When traveling I am able to take my laptop with me in order to continue these tasks with ease.  I have not had an issue with memory even though I use my laptop for a variety of things.  I don't feel like I would be able to function without my Dell!

Love the color!

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This computer is fun...I love that it is pink! Pink is defenitly my favorite color. I also like this it has a big screen. it is very easy to see emails and other things that I am trying to do. This computer is light weight and easy to carry around. this best part is that i got a free laptop case when i bought my computer i got a free laptop case. It is pink and grey and i love that it matches my computer. i also like that my keyboard is sliver.my mom has a computer and her keyboard is black and it is hard to type because its so dark! my moms compter keyboard is also wearing out. For example, some of the letters like T and S are gone because she uses them so my. But my dell is not like that at all. All of the letters are still visable and i have had my computer for almost three years and i use it mostly for school work and checking my emial and face book account. I would recommened to anyone. I love it so mucho!!!!

To heavy to be a practical laptop.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I wanted to buy a nice big laptop because it was going to double for my home computer.  I did not consider how much it would weigh.  My bag use to be super light, but now when I bring my laptop it very heavy.  I consider leaving it at home alot because I don't want to deal with it.  It does have a nice large sceen but at 7.5 pounds it is hard to deal with.

The battery life is amazing.  Once it is fully charged, it lasts for 5 hours, even though the computer is about 3 years old.  I use it at least once a day some times for hours on end.  The computer charges up to full in a hour or hour and a half.

When I first bought it, I got the blue sceen of death alot.  It never seriously hurt the computer.  It finally seemed to go away with the updates.  It hasn't done it for maybe 2 years now.   The computer works great all and all.  It is just heavy.  I would definately recommend the computer, just a smaller version.

The Dell Inspiron 1521 has been an reliable laptop.

from Baton Rouge, LA