View more laptops

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

My Dell Insprion 17.3" laptop with I5 intel processer is great.

I have had my Dell Insprion 17.3", i5 intel processor for about a month now and have been very pleased with it.  This is my 3rd Dell and hope it continues to be as good as the previous 2.  I am on the web quite a bit taking surveys, researching products and sending and reading e-mails.  I also play games from discs.  Everything about the computer has worked fine.  My previous Dell laptop was 10 years old and was not able to keep up with the new products.  My Dell desktop is still going well with the exception of the monitor so I decided to get my new one to take the place of both the laptop and desktop.  I can put it on the desk, hook up the printer and wireless mouse and keyboard and use it like my desktop.  My desk is in the bedroom so when I cannot stay there and work in the evening, I can then take it to the living room and continue to use it.  The screen is actually larger than the one on my desktop.  It works well on my lap in my recliner.  It has got enough power, speed and storage to take care of me for quite a while.

It is very easy to use and it gets quite a bit of use. Probably 6-8 hour a day. The only problem I have had it the touchpad. It seems to lock up sometimes and it doesn't move the mouse very good sometimes. I have read that this is a common problem and Dell didn't know how to fix it. Other than this one problem, everything else is good.

Battery Life
I can't say how the battery life is because I basically have it plugged in when I am using it.

Support & Service
I have not used any support and am now past the warranty period.

Speed/Performance
Performance has been very good so far. It is so much faster than my older desktop.

Design is very good and works well with my uses.

Dell Inspiron 17 not worth the money

I bought the Dell Inspiron 17 in December, 2010.  It was great at first, then after a few months got very slow.  I was careful and didn't download any games because I knew it would make the computer slow.  In  September, 2010 it crashed.  At least that's what they told me.  I was having problems getting on the internet every once in a while for about two months before it crashed.  I went to bed one night and the computer was fine.  The next morning I couldn't get on the internet.  I called the internet provider and after about an hour with them they told me to call Dell because they couldn't find a problem and there was no internet power outage.  After spending an hour and a half on the phone with three different people with Dell, the third person told me that my computer had crashed and they needed to send me a new hard drive.  At that time I had no problems with any other area of the computer.  I received the new hard drive four days later (refurbished).  It was terrible.  The new hard drive had none of the programs my original hard drive had.  (except internet explorer)  Most of the programs that came with the original windows 7 were gone.  I was very disappointed.  A computer less than a year old, and it came with nothing.  It didn't even have the webcam program.  Personally, I think they couldn't find the reason why I couldn't get on the internet so they just decided to send me another hard drive.  They also never told me on the phone that I needed to return the original hard drive.  All my information was on it.  I did not like that at all.

i couldnt live without my dell inspirion!!!!

from Liberty, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

i love my dell laptop its going to be two years old this coming xmas and i have spilled coffee on it and several times had bottle water fall on it and nothing happened to it!!!!!!!!i couldnt believe it i was so worried and i dried the water off and turned on and it worked fine!

this laptop is really easy to set up in no time at all and i love the way it works havent had any major problems at all and i would highly reccomend to anyone!

Battery Life
i keep it plugged in most of the time but a few times i had it unplugged and that warning came on and it was like 6 or 7 hours later so i would say thats pretty good!

Support & Service
dell is a very good company and ive had no problems with support or service.

its very fast!

love the design of this laptop and all of my family also think its a great laptop a little heavy to carry around though.

excellent like i said earlier i have spilled boittles of water on this and thank god nothing happened its very strong and made well!!

• Speed/Performance:

My Dell Insprion 17.3" laptop with I5 intel processer is great.

from Granbury, TX

Support & Service
I have not used any support and am now past the warranty period.

Speed/Performance

Design is very good and works well with my uses.

Dell Inspiron 17 Notebook PC

from Mount Laurel, NJ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Unless you are going to keep it on your desk I wouldn not recommend carring this around. It is quite heavy. As with any computer be sure to purchase the service & support. It is well worth the money.

Battery Life
Should have a better battery. I have to plug it in almost every time I use it so as not to have it run out completely.

Support & Service
Other than talking o someone from another country the suppor & service is great as long as you get someone you can understand.

Speed/Performance
This is my second Inspiron so that should tell you something.

I like the design but the tough pad gets in your way if you hold your hands to low when typing. It can move the cursor on you.

Only had this one a couple months just hope it is...

Love My Dell Laptop

from Montrose, IA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I got a new Dell laptop for Christmas. it is awesome. I am particularly excited that is has built-in wireless and easily connects to a network wherever I go. I also got a laptop tray with fans, which helps to keep the laptop from getting hot and keeps the machine off my legs. The ports for USB drives, a mouse, and the laptop desk with fans are particularly convenient and nice. I have noticed the battery lasts a long time when I use the computer away from home. The 17 inch screen is very bright and clear. I can adjust the resolution by moving the screentop back away from me a little more. Everything I need is right in front of me on my lap. I do a lot of computer stuff at night on the couch while watching tv. I have always enjoyed that with all the laptops I've used. Dell is a great brand. We have 3 Dell desktops as well, and that's why my husband chose the Dell for my Christmas gift. We all love this brand.

I love this laptop

Battery Life
No problems in over a year!

Support & Service
Haven't used much, but I would rate excellent!

Oh yeah...the best!

Sleek, lightweight, pretty...and I've received lots of compliments.

Very durable. I sling it around in my backpack a lot and no problems.

Love this Dell Laptop

from South Jordan, UT

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

**after owning this product for a year the only thing I can complain about is the fact that the screen flickers when you aren't connected to the power cord. A littls annoying but I'm still happy with our laptop.
We purchased this laptop to replace my OLD desktop.  The screen is amazing - HD quality.  I've had no problems getting the laptop set up.  I had a problem even running Photoshop Elements on my old computer, it was a painstakingly slow process.  But with my laptop I've been able to edit photos and even videos without the frustrations of my old slow computer.  I mostly use this computer to check email, be online, and to keep my photos organized.  I've loved it!  This is our second Dell computer and I've been happy with the brand.  It seems like startup can be a little slow sometimes, but other than that I have no complaints.  The new Windows 7 has been a little bit to get used to, but not too bad.  I was just planning to get a 15" laptop, but I'm so glad I got this 17" one because the number pad can fit on the right of the keyboard.  My biggest complaint about laptops has been the missing number pad, but with this one that's not a problem!

Support & Service
i had problems with the battery inintially and had to have it replaced. They did it, but wouldn't overnight the laptop back to me because I hadn't purchased the extended warranty. Annoying!

• Speed/Performance:

This laptop drives me NUTS!!!

from Clayton, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

As a rule, I have always been a fan of Dell computers and normally have only great things to say...BUT...with the Inspiron 17 Notebook I have had nothing but trouble. The curser has a bad habit of jumping around whenever I type, including while I am typing this review. I called Dell and they said it must be the sensitivity on the mouse pad and a simple adjustment would fix everything. Unfortunately, this has not been the case. I have since searched the web and found many others out there with the same problem. At this point I am ready to use this Notebook as a replacement for my frisbee, OR ask for a replacement. I would love to give this product a stellar review but unfortunately I can't with all the problems I have had.

This Notebook is very easy to use so I can't complain about that.

Battery Life
Battery Life is great, no complaints there either.

Support & Service
Normally I have great service and support from Dell, just not on this particular computer.

Speed/Performance
The speed is great, it's just the performance that has been an issue.

I do like the design of this Notebook, it is easy to transport and really doesn't weigh all that much.

Dell Inspiron 17 PC Notebook - A Compatible Laptop

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Dell Inspiron 17 PC Notebook is a great laptop to use for business and everyday use.
It has an amazing combination of processor, RAM. and Hard disk. Windows 7 lets you use with ease.

Tremendous battery life

Quick Response

Stunning

Dell Inspiron 17 PC Notebook

from Bakerton, WV

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have always been a firm believer in "DELL". I am on my third Dell computer which is the laptop Inspiron. I couldn't ask for a better choice for myself and my family. Top of the line, easy to use even for my 4 year old. Going on 2 years and never have I had to contact customer service for any performance issues. The self help feature is amazing. I will never own anything but a DELL.

super!

ok!

Great Laptop!

from Grayson, GA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This laptop was an excellent investment. We got it for our whole family to use (including my two sons), and it is holding up very well. It's very light, and easy to use. The set up was also very easy. It took us approximately 45 minutes to get everything set up on the laptop before we could start using it, but most of that was the time it took to download the software updates and install the various programs that we had purchased with it. So far, we have had no issues with anything. In addition, the keyboard and touchpad clean up very well since my younger son likes to play on the computer while eating a snack of some sort. We just wet a paper towel with a little bit of vinegar and wipe down the keyboard and touchpad, and it's just like new! My only complaint is that the touchpad can be sensitive to pressure, and sometimes you end up clicking on things you don't want to.

Dell Inspiron 17 PC Notebook

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

After evalating this laptop it is very pretty and, really runs smooth. It is top of the line. It's a great value for the money 17 inch screen with HD. It is also a switch by design notebook with stylish designs you can always switch lids to any color you wish. It is a fast and reliable! I recommend this notebook.