View more laptops

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

buy a great Dell at a great price at the Dell outlet online

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop from the dell outlet online.  Now I have had many people express disgust when they hear that I bought a Dell, because supposedly they are not great computers, but I guess I just don't see it.  I have owned Dell's since I was in high school, and I always go back.  You just can't beat the prices.  I understand if you are a computer geek and you need lots of whatever computer geeks need, but if you are just the average computer user, I have not experienced any problems with my Dell computers.

Now specifically speaking about my new Dell Inspirion 15 laptop, it is beautiful blue to start with, and the screen clarity is awsome.  My last laptop had a different type of screen that seemed to attract the dust, but this one is nice an shiny.  I bought this laptop from the Dell outlet, so I did not choose the build and internal stuff, I knew the basics of what I needed and the rest I just didn't care about.  If you are like me and do not have a specific need for special high tech computers, I highly reccomend shopping the Dell outlet.  I got this computer for close to 35 percent of what the price would have been if I created it myself and bought it new, and there is absoluetly nothing wrong with it!  I reccomend getting the sound upgrade, it is very good, if you like to watch movies online.  I also love the battery upgrade, but if you keep your computer near a plug most of the time, it really isn't necessary.  I guess I just am easy to please when it comes to computers, but I think this Dell is great!

wtf happened here

Dell is one of the leaders in this space offering up stellar products like the popular Inspiron Series designed for those on a budget as well as small business users. Our community of portable computer users (mostly) thinks Dell has a hit on its hands with the Inspiron Series; one reviewer praised it saying: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my Dell Inspiron. I have had my laptop for six years, with only one major problem. The fact that my laptop has lasted so long without my feeling the need to upgrade is amazing." Still another reviewer said of the Inspiron Series: "Overall, I am very happy with my Dell Inspiron with the Vista OS and would recommend it to others." Overall our community of reviewers highly recommends this stylish and affordable notebook. Read what our reviews have to say about the Dell Inspiron Series as well as well as the Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6000 and Acer Aspire notebook computers. There are many other computers that seem to be a better choice but this is a suitable computer for very low process things. Games don't seem to run as well on them though so that's a downside.

upgraded to this system from a dell latitude laptop

from New York, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

dell inspiron 15-3521 is ok. I don't like windows 8. I cant seem to play solitare freely. I have to go to an app and then...I want to go back to windows xp. I hardly play the games on this system when im bored. this could be a good thing but everyone gets bored some time right?

because this system has windows 8 it makes this system difficult to use. I have to take my time and ask for help a lot. I don't like the apps.

Battery Life
great. it stays charged until im ready to use it.

Support & Service
yea, im not holding my breath.

Speed/Performance
I have to be content with this don't I.

this laptop is bigger than the one I had previous and its quite heavy. the outside gets stained with fingerprints and body oils . whatever happened to the skins that the older laptops use to come with? it has tons of usb outlets which is good.this time I got a portable mouse which makes using a laptop much more efficient.

I travel with this every time I leave. I usually take care of anything that I have to purchase so dropping it or tossing it and such is not something that I really worry about.

• Speed/Performance:

You get what you paid for

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Dell is known as a cheap brand, so if you go for quality look elsewhere.

We got this laptop back in 2010 and compared to a lot of other laptops this one gave us the most out of the money. I'm using it to type this review, so it's still here after 3 years.

The laptop has been performing well, no big issue until about 1 year ago the machine started to perform very slowly due to overheating. Fortunately it was less than 2 years old so that Dell's International guarantee still covers it. We got it fixed without charge and it works again!

The material Dell uses are not premium quality. It all plastic and nothing fancy at all. Also when you buy Dell computer it pre-installed tons of rubbish software (those wants you to buy it if you want the full version stuff). If you don't mind uninstall them, then you do get quite some computer for your money.

Battery is definitely the weakest part for this computer IMO - after 3 years of usage I can't use the computer for more than 30 mins without power supply.

This is my second Dell - not my favorite but for what it is, it's pretty good.

• Speed/Performance:

Great laptop for a casual user

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its a great basic laptop with a good hard drive and memory. It has some nice extras for people who just need basic use out of their laptop.

Extremely easy to set up and use. If you get Windows 8, that takes some getting used to, but that's not a Dell issue.

Battery Life
So far the battery life is holding strong and lasts about 4+ hours before needing to be charged.

Support & Service
I have not contacted Dell for support or service but have always had good experiences in the past.

Speed/Performance
It's not the fastest computer but is great for the basic web browsing and document editing. If you're playing games or editing video, you may want something with a little more power.

Great looking computer and the keyboard is well placed. I haven't had any complaints.

I haven't tested the durability at all but it seems to hold up well.

ok laptop

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

not the best laptop around but good for limited use. nice that it has a bunch of different colors to choose from but again pretty basic computer. i guess its good for basic uses like school work and basic home computer stuff. not too user friendly either.

• Speed/Performance:

There's better options out there.

from Westwego, LA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

We bought this about a year ago as a refurbished/overstock product and while the price was reasonable, I think we might have been better served by waiting and getting a better deal on a new product during the back to school sales. Its a decent laptop, but runs slow and has overheating issues. We found ourselves needing to buy a cooling pad to keep it from shutting down. Dell has very weird customer service, and you pay for calling them- so we won't be getting a dell again partly due to their CS.
8/22/12- Our hard drive just died last night. We couldn't get the patch from Dell to fix one of the drivers(and we aren't the only ones, according to what I'm reading on their forums) and apparently it became too much for the hard drive. We're now looking into replacing the hard drive, but STRONGLY caution anyone looking into this computer to check ALL OTHER OPTIONS first. Basically, if someone gives you this computer, okay, but don't spend your money on it. My MIL has been having even worse issues with her Dell(different model) and we're done with Dell.

For a computer hard drive to last just over a year and to constantly heat up is pretty pathetic. I have an ancient toshiba(11+ years old) that the kids use to play games on and it works better than this one does.

it could not be better

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell inspiron 15 (DNCWZS11) PC notebook is both an entertainment Pc and a  portable machine. One of its most unique features is its ability to use more than one operating system in addition to the fact that it is potable.  it also has a dual core which makes it very fast and efficient. Is more thana hundred and twenty  gigabyte hard drive makes it possible for one to save information or data with large size. it also comes with a web cam to enable you relive those wonderful moments and of coure make your online experiences memorable. the QWERTY keyboard with soft touch keys make it very easy to use. The powerful video graphics adapter (VGA) that came with it makes it compatible with any game that requires a very strong graphics adapter. It also came witha good number of usb ports to enhance multi tasking. its well positioned venti;ation system helps to prevent malfunctionong which might result from over heating. There is no doubt that the Dell inspiron has ome to  stay and with time take over the noteboo PC market.

A good laptop for a great price!

from Hastings, NE

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

We were in the market for a second computer for our home. It seemed that there was frequently a need for two people to be working/playing on the PC at the same time. We didn't have an extravagant budget or very high-tech needs for this computer. The Inspiron was a great fit for us, very affordable with all the features we needed. We primarily were looking for a second computer with basic Office functions and internet. We have the black color which is sleek looking but is a finger print magnet. Overall, the computer works great - very fast start-up and shut-down. Handles our processing needs with no problems. The only real issue I have with it (my husband does not have the same problem) is that I find the touchpad to be too shallow. When typing I find that my thumb often accidentally "clicks" on the touchpad leading to windows opening, text being deleted etc. I have yet to get used to it and adjust my hand position. I also find the keyboard to be a bit "clunky" with the key strokes not feeling very smooth. Overall though, it's a great laptop that meets all of our basic needs!

Support & Service
Haven't needed to contact Dell for support.

• Speed/Performance:

One of the greatest laptops I have ever used.

from Miami, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron PC Notebook has to be one of the best laptops I have ever used hands down. The camera is great and you can see very clear and there is no problem adjusting the camera. It is a ver fast computer and I have had it over a little 3 months and it great and the download are super fast. Very easy to store it does't way anthing. This one o the best laptops Dell has made so far.

Wouldn't trade it

from Waverly, TN

Dell Inspiron 15 (dncwzs1_6) PC Notebook —

The Dell  Inspiron 15 is  a laptop that succeeds in everything it does..The set up is such that even a computer novice will be able to use  it with ease. Simply put this is the best laptop you can find from a company you can trust. The fifteen inch screen makes it a visually sensational experience.Consumers can believe in its durablity and that upgrades can be trusted through microsoft.Included on its hard drive are many interesting and applicable programs people of any age can enjoy.Microsoft works is  one of the most versatile programs on the Dell Inspiron Laptop. The program can enable you to set up a calendar for household activities,help you design cards or invitations,or even direct you to online websites for help in getting directions to vacation destination.This computer is made by a company you can trust with no limits on the places it can take you.

Excellent value for the money.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This is my first laptop and I am well pleased . It may be slow for some applications but is fine for most uses. Its easy to use and the sound is clear though if one is a die-hard  audiofile,it may be found to be lacking it lacking at the high and low ends of the sectrum.It is lightweight so its easily portable .I would recommend this unit to all but those needing an extremely fast processor.