View more laptops

Dell
Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

3.3

Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop DELL is not consumer friendly!!!!

from East Setauket, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have had this computer for about 5-6 years. I have had at least that many cataclysmic failures. I had to use the recovery disks several times either because of the laptop or updates that hurt the laptop from Microsoft. The screen was faulty just months after purchase. Had to give up the computer to get the screen replaced. They returned it with a shadow in the start button. Still there. Then the MS update problem. Then the hard drive died. The website wanted an idiotic amount of money for a replacement so I went to Ebay. Dell let me know in no uncertain terms that I was up the creek. I will never purchase a Dell anything EVER again.

Had my Inspiron forever!

from Port Orange, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

My husband and I have had the Inspiron 8200 for just over 5 years, and it's still going strong!  It is a pretty basic laptop, but perfect for everyday use going on the internet, downloading and playing music, etc.  The laptop itself is quite bulky and heavy, but considering how old it is, what else would you expect!  This computer is very durable as well.  I can't count how many times we've dropped it and nothing turns out wrong with it, not even a mark on it to show how it landed.  Two years ago we must have had a virus because we went to turn it on one day, and all it showed was a black screen.  We called Dell, and they were very quick in sending us a new hardrive.  A result of that, is that we lost everything.. documetns, songs and most importantly pictures.. including ones from our wedding.  Since then nothing major has happened to the computer.  Another con I can think of is how hot it gets underneath, too the point you can't be wearing shorts and have it on your lap!  All in all, a great computer that has had a long life full of usage.

VERY NICE

from Jonesboro, AR

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Love it...great product. good customer service. vista was a bit of a challenge to figure out ar first Dell Brand Ispiron version with vista... I really do love this computer. on alot of laptops the key pad is hard to use or touchy...this on is not that way. I would highly recommend this computer.