View more laptops

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

3.9

Dude, I got a Dell

My husband brought my computer for me about four years ago.  This is my first laptop and I love it.  The Dell Inspiron is just what I needed for my computing style.  I surf the web, use facebook, Twitter and send email on a daily bases.  My Dell allows me to move freely around the house or around town.  With the wireless card I can take my laptop to the local coffee shop and never miss a beat.  I can keep my pace even on vacation.  The Dell Inspiron is highly recommended for daily computer users.  I like the size of my laptop it is very portable.  There are times I think about a getting a new laptop, with updated options.  But I have been so happy with my Dell, it just keeps on plugging along.  It is like a tank, I believe it is like a cat, having seven lives.

Windows XP home addition is the software on my laptop, I am able to do all I need to using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.  The battery life is around three hours, so I can unplug without worrying about losing power.

As long as I have my Dell I will keep surfing, emailing, tweeting and socializing on my Dell.

Good laptop for the price

I have owned my Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop for several years now and have found it to be a good laptop. My laptop was a gift purchased by a lvoed one who isn't as computer savvy as I am, so they didn't choose the higher end settings that I should have. Even with this, the laptop has been great for checking my email, web searches, lower end games, Microsoft Office software and some of my work software. Overall, this laptop is a good laptop for a beginner to intermediate computer user.

Durable and a great buy

from Madison, WI

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This computer has lasted me all four years of college (in and out of the dorms, various apartments and libraries, months in Costa Rica) and still going strong. While other people were having troubles with their computer giving up on them in the middle of a final report, I never had that problem. The only problem I did have was with the screen, every now and then it would get very very dim and I could barely see what was on it. But I called costumer service and since it was still under warranty, a service guy came out the next day and replaced my LCD screen and I was back in business. Right now the only problem I have is the lack of space. Nowadays, 30GB is barely enough to hold all the digital picture files safely stored away. I plan to use this laptop for years to come since everything is still working like new.

Dude, I got a Dell

from Holland, MI

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I like the fact tat it had a lot of software with it

from Gainesville, GA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I payed 1300.00 for my computer. Now they are alot cheaper. I have some trouble with this one. It could be the running system not sure. Dell is supposed to be one of the best brands. I would not spend that much on another one.

very reliable

from San Antonio, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This laptop I have had for 5 years and it has given great service. I upgrated from 500 to 1 gig of memory and it has given me all the speed I need. I don't play games, I use it for emails online banking web brousing and the internet. I have watch big ten football games on it. I have installed wireless and it works great. I do a lot of working with pictures from my digital camera using Olympus 2 and it has work very well.I do back my hard drive up to off site hard drive thus cutting down the number of pictures I have on line. I also do this with all of my documents so I cut down on storage. I have traveled with this laptop and have used it in an office envireoment. Everyone tells me I should get a new laptop and I say what for this one is doing everything I want it to. The grandkids say you can't play games and I ansered I haven't tried, but I do know you need a fast machine and this machine is not built for games.

A computer non-expert loves it!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I received my Dell for my birthday three months ago, and I am finding that I pretty much love it.  It is so lightweight and easy to carry from place to place. It has a great screen that is large enough, but not too large - good for aging eyes. The keyboard is just the perfect touch pressure for me, and the characters very easy to read. I've used friends' laptops before, but I like this one the best. If I have questions about any of the keys or anything I can figure it out quite easily. It is good looking without being pretentiously trendy. It has windows xp, which I am finding very easy to understand and navigate. The speed is fantastic, and it is not making me sit and wait, or having incomplete screens come up, which has happened to me in the past on other laptops. My eleven year old nephew wanted to use it a couple of times, and it was just as easy for him. I really needed a decent computer to look for a job, and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

This Dell Inspirion 1100 is okay for a dinosaur

from Montgomery, AL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I purchased my Dell Inspirion 1100 in 2003, but what I didn't realize was how heavy it was or how blah (basic) it was.  It didnt come with a built in wireless card like the more updated ones now do so I had to purchase a separate wireless card, it doesn't have a built in webcam and its hard to find a webcam to fit it and stay in place. The Dell Inspirion 1100 is a major dinosaur.  The processor is an Intel Celeron.

Dell with XP should last forever!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Everyone wanting to be up to date with new technology is the trend today. I love new technology, but when it comes to desktop computers there is only one for me. I have had my Dell 1100 for over 4 years and it is by far the best I have ever had. When all these new computers came out everyone was on a rampage to try them. First most new computers come with windows vista and not windows xp. This is a mistake. Windows vista is not compatible with most programs and software. If there is a problem with a dell computer with windows xp on it you can easily restore to factory setting, with windows vista you can not do this unless you have a specail disk for it. If I have a issue with my dell XP then I can fix it myself and don't have to pay and arm and a leg to have it serviced. Take a new computer to someone to have it serviced and it will. I actually have two of the same Dell 1100's and they have both been great computers since day one.

The dell inspiron 1100 isnt a tech marvel but it's pretty decent

from Stevinson, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell inspiron 1100 is'nt for the high end gamer's or the multitasker's out there, yet it seems to run reasonably fast for its age, I would suggest the inspiron 1100 for anyone who is a casual pc user or an email junky. One major downfall is that it seem's to overheat if you run to many programs at once, but that can be avoided with some effort.

I would love to have this laptop.

from O Fallon, IL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I am just doing some research on laptops. Just trying to find one best for me. I am looking to buy one soon. I am wanting a laptop for me so i will be able to have microsoft software so i awil be able to do my school work at home. I have recently just downloaded the free Microsoft trial verison because I was taking a computer class which i had to have Microsoft 200 software. Right notw my computer is not working so I am needing soemthing to do my school work.

Great Deal!

from Los Banos, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The computer itself is good, but the price was great! The picture quality is just amazingly clear. I reccomend it to anyone who knows their tech stuff. I am a daily PC user and having this laptop for a change is quiet beautiful. Its a fast computer when online browsing or just listening to music.