View more laptops

Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC

3.9

Great light-weight computer, wonderful warranty

I wanted a light-weight laptop that's not too small so I can have a decent size screen and has good speed, memory.  I also do not want one that cost a fortune. Most importantly, I need one that come with a very good warranty.  I need a warranty that can fix the laptop if it is damaged from use and accident, something seemingly only Dell provides.  (We have another Dell; we got the screen messed up from dropping it, and they promptly fixed it without a fuss).  I got this laptop during a Dell's promotional time, so it got a few great upgrades.  It is only a little larger than my folder, light-weight, and has big enough screen to avoid straining my eyes even more.  I also love the touch-pad mouse, much better than the old fashion button-style mouse.  The only thing that sucks is this laptop comes (and only comes) with Windows Vista.  The vista causes a lot of problem from incompatibility with other programs, and so darn slow.  Our older Dell laptop is still faster than this new one.

The Inspiron E1405 laptop is only OKAY.

I have had the Dell Inspiron E1405 for about four years now. Boy, has it lasted some horrible times. At the beginning, like any other computer, it was EXTREMELY fast. There is a fancy volume and media control at the front of the computer, by the "mousepad" thing for your finger (I am clearly not tech savvy). For the first two years, I would have definitely suggested this computer laptop to anyone who needed to buy one. But, now, it is a different story...

If you are in for a computer that will survive more than four years in perfect condition, you are looking in the wrong place. The current condition of the Dell Inspiron E1405 laptap of mine is quite sad. First of all, the keys come out really easily. In fact, I am missing my period key. Luckily, you can still tap on the spot that used to have the period key to place a period in. A friend of mine that has the same laptop has her "h" key missing. In addition, the battery life has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. My Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop cannot last more than 8 minutes without being plugged in. The battery light is constantly blinking orange, even when plugged in. Additionally, the scrollers that you can use on the touch mousepad no longer work. Plus, the monitor part of the laptop does not open smoothly. It feels very flimsy.

I do wish there was blutooth on this computer.

However, because this laptop has lasted this long, I cannot complain TOO much. I still enjoy it dearly.

i would buy this laptop again

from usa

About Me Avid Gamer

Pros

• Fast
  • Long Battery Life
  • Powerful

Cons

• Freezes Up
  • Heavy

• Graphics
  • Music
  • Video
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

very goog laptop i used it for a year it was awesome

• Primary use:
  • Personal

From a loyal Dell customer, this one is complete and total crap

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

Dell attempted to create a "media player" laptop. One for games, videos, music and photos. Unfortunately what they created was a laptop that once you clicked to go into the "media center" it would never go back to the actual laptop screen again. Dell's experiment was an utter and total disaster.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Dell Inspirion 1405 = Great Lappy!!

from San Benito, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

I bought the Dell Inspirion 1405 as a gift for my sister and turned out she had already purchased herself a laptop, so I kept it. It was a great addition to my laptop family and it gets great use too. I keep one at work and one at the house. The Dell Inspirion 1405 has been so easy to navigate and work with. I ordered it with 2 gb of memory which is plenty for me since I like to keep all and any document I may create as well as pictures. I would defiantly recommend this to people who want a useful yet simple laptop with great features. So far I have had it for close to a year and it runs the same as the first day I got it considering the use it gets!

This Dell laptop is one of the best laptops I have owned!

from Gloucester, VA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

I bought this laptop last November.  I like it because it has a smaller screen (14 inches) and was slim and light weight.  I wanted something that was easy to move which is why I went with the smaller size.  My husband bought a Toshiba one at the same time and when you turn them both on at the same time, my Dell boots up so much faster than his.  It comes with the the wireless card already in it which is very useful when I take it on the go.  I  would have to say the one and only thing I don't like is when you don't use it with the power cord plugged in the screen is rather dim.  I have messed around with the graphics options but it doesn't get as light and bright as when you use the cord.  In all fairness I have not used the dell support that comes with the computer to see if they could help me fix this problem.  Over all I am very satisfied with this laptop and would buy another again in the future.

The Dell Inspirion 1405 is a user friendly computer

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

**The good:** its Newly redesigned Inspiron line adds Centrino Duo CPUs and color choices; highly configurable with plenty of networking options; discrete graphics option; excellent battery life.

**The bad:** Not as radically reengineered as Dell's new XPS laptop; low starting price, but everything from the Webcam to Bluetooth costs extra.

**The bottom line:** Dell's retooled Inspiron line introduces the new 15-inch Inspiron 1405 laptop, which benefits from an internal and external makeover. The wide-ranging configuration options mean that virtually any mainstream user can find a system to fit their budget.

I would suggest this Labtop to the run of the mill PC user, such as a student or family.

Big punch for a little dough

from Mason, MI

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

This is a great lap top at a great price. You can choose your options and build it any way you want. Dell alway has advertised specials that make this ;ap top an evn greater value. With a 2 GB memroy its speed is top notch. I have had no problema with Vista and do not expect to have any. I am very happy with my purchase and have plenty of money left in my pocket.

Very good both for work and leisure

from Houston, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop is a good piece of device and is good both for office and home use.  With 2 GB ram and intel core duo processor the performance is good if you use windows XP. The only problem I faced that it came with Vista and I had to reinstall XP as most of the applications I use were not compatible with vista. The necessary drivers are available on Dell's website. But the customer support is not very good. I could not run Visual fortran application on it even when I changed the operating system from vista to xp and the customer support could not help me and I wasted lot of my precious time on it. The softare support from Dell is very expensive.But otherwise I leave my laptop open most of the time and I am happy with the overall performance.

Love my Dell

from Osseo, MN

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

I am very pleased with the Dell products I have owned three Pcs and 3 laptops - upgrading each time,  I also have the in home service and have needed very little repair, and when it was needed they responded promplty and provided service within 24 hours in my home - that alone is worth the product.  I am searching now for a new laptop with a docking station to replace an older Dell PC, as I like being able to take the lap top with me.  I dont think there products are as good as they once were but they are still far better than what else is out there.

Great light-weight computer, wonderful warranty

from Alhambra, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

Awesome Dell repair service has won a fan for life!

from Lambertville, NJ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook/Laptop PC:

Liked my Inspiron fine, until constant use wore down the mousepad and mouse buttons. I used a plug-in mouse, made due, and whined for a few weeks about the endless cluster-you-know-what that it would take to get it repaired until my husband took the bull by the horns, and emailed them for me. They told him to expect an 8-10 day turnaround, which seemed hopeful.Within a day, a pre-paid foam case arrived at our house and we mailed out the laptop the following day. The day after that, we received an automated, but extremely thorough voicemail confirming they received the package and explaining what would happen next. The day after that, another voicemail saying the repair was complete. And the day after that one? My laptop was home! Does/could it get easier than that? I'd say only if they came to my house the same night we called and repaired it on the spot. I was always ambivalent about PC manufacturers. No more.