3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Dell Inspirion Mini that thinks it's a Mac AirBook

My husband is a Mac addict.  He is also a PC tech.  So he won't allow me to have a PC in the house.  Last year, he bought a Dell Inspirion Mini (9 inch) and transformed into in a Mac NetBook.  It works wonderfully. We are running Mac OSX on it. The size is perfect for me to carry in my purse (which was specially re-inforced to protect my mini.  The keyboard is almost full sized. My only complaint is the placement of the " and ' key.  It is on the bottom row next to the space bar.  I often end up hitting the enter key (and starting a new line) when I intend to use an apostrophe. The touch pad which replaces the mouse has 2 buttons for easy use. Some notebook and netbooks I have tried are not as easy to control. The Dell Inspirion came with a built in web cam which has been fun to use.  As a blogger, I find the Dell Inspirion Mini the perfect companion. I have full computer capabilities that I can carry wherever I go. And my husband is happy because he never has to fix it.

I didn't get what I wanted from the dell mini.

I did not realize until I had actually bought the Dell Mini how much I would not like it. I have noticed that when my daughter, Hunter, tries to play her online games, the screen is much to small for her to see. I also have issues with the Dell Mini because the screen will not enlarge, as in like 800x600, it will not go any bigger. I have also noticed that the battery life is HORRIBLE, it will tell you that fully charged, you have about two hours, but I have timed it, and it died in one hour and thirteen minutes. Also, the memory space is VERY low, I have downloaded two things on mine, and the computer had already told me that is was low on disk space, So if you plan on downloading much, DON'T buy this product. I don't think that it would be a good idea to buy this product, unless your total intentions would just be to use word, or some such. Getting online is even hard to do, because those little windows that don't scroll down, you can never see all of them, and as I have said earlier, the screen does not enlarge. There are some things that I like about the Dell Mini. Such as, the Webcam is quite good, and has some pretty neat effects. I think that the Microphone built in picks up a lot of things better than some, as well. But, even so, this is supposed to be for net purposes mostly, and sometimes you cannot do somethings with it, either, because of the size of the screen. I would NOT recommend buying this product, I did not get what I wanted from it, and I would suggest only buying it for such purposes as typing, and some online tasks. Please comment my review, and tell me what you think of the Dell Mini.

Simple and Budget

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

I bought the Dell Inspion Mini Netbook PC as a budget computer for an at-home writing job. I was hoping that its portability would make it a great alternative to my huge desktop. My desktop is a Mac, by the way...important factor to keep in mind.
The adage is true that once you go Mac, you never go back. The Dell Inspion Mini Netbook PC absolutely drove me crazy. Not only was I used to the way a Mac functions (my fault), but I also spent more time waiting on the processor to decided that it wanted to work.
The processing speed was so slow that I'd begin a task, leave the room to go make a cup of tea, then be able to start my work.
It is a bit thick and bulky for being a mini. I was probably just attracted to the pretty outer cover.
I have since passed the Dell Inspion Mini Netbook PC along to my dad who is pretty new to computer in his senior age. And even he, an immensely patient man, thinks that this computer is way too slow.

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

This is just your average net-book with average specs and a very thick design.

Just like most laptops this one is just as easy to use power button is very accessible, easy to open and close top, and super easy to charge.

Battery Life
The battery life on this machine is decent, as it is also small it last a solid day of use without the need to stop and recharge the battery.

Support & Service
Great support and service as always this is made by dell and they have a great support team where you can email them, read there data base for answers other people of encountered and their online chat support is super great as well as you may be connected to a live assistant within minuets.

Speed/Performance
Just average speed and performance like you would expect with a net-book. Nothing special and just average.

As for the design goes this should be much skinnier and for a net-book is just way to thick.

Decent durability but needs to be treated with care just like most electronics.

Kind of Iffy

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

I love my Dell Netbook. I love having access to whatever, whenever just like everyone else. But let me just start by saying that this Netbook is SSOOO SSLLOOWW! It's almost not even worth the time. Yes, it sounds like a great idea to be able to work on the go, but you would have to be in a super strong wi-fi area to really be able to get anything done. Don't even think about going to a public hot spot. McDonald's and Starbucks are out of the question with one of these.
Also, there is no disc drive. I guess I should have paid more attention before I bought it, but either way, there is no disc drive. There are three USB ports though.
And last but not least, the mouse pad is very sensitive. Scrolling is nearly impossible.
On a lighter note, the battery life is not so bad if you know how to treat a battery. And the speakers are fairly loud for being so small.
It's adorable. It's light weight. It's pretty cool! What more needs to be said?

Dell Netbook

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

This is a good computer for those who want to do a small amount of things. It tends to go slow, and doesn't have a lot of memory. It is small and easy to carry with you, however.

Very easy to use. This would be a good computer for a beginner.

Battery Life
Battery life last for about 3-4 hours.

Support & Service
Dell offers great support and service anytime you need it.

Speed/Performance
It doesn't go very fast. It is kind of more slower paced than you would expect for a Dell.

The design is great. It is very compact, and easy to carry along.

It is very durable. It will truly last for a long time. You will decide you want an upgrade before it ever would go out. It is a great Dell product especially for beginners.

• Speed/Performance:

The best little laptop one can own

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

My daughter really loves this lap top it has nice color and very reliable to do school projects. easy to carry around in back pack. She brags about it to her friends all the time. The price You can not complain it is worth the money I paid for it. So go out and get you one today. It will not disappoint you what so ever.

• Speed/Performance:

Average notebook depending on your situation

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

The value of this small notebook is really based on what you plan to do. This isn't a big gaming machine so don't expect to be playing the latest games on it. The resolution is really low because of the small monitor so don't expect to be watching HD things. But if you're a student or if you're in a position where you travel a lot, this might be great for you. Its really light and easy to carry. It comes with a decent amount of hard drive space so you likely won't be running out any time soon. It also has a webcam attached so if that's something you're looking for, that'd be good. I'm not a fan of the battery life though, and I find myself constantly having to charge it.

• Speed/Performance:

Good for school use, nice and small

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

This computer is really nice if you need a smaller model that you can bring along to school. It lacks the power of a larger computer, but you get portability in exchange. If you need more memory, an external hard drive will give it to you. Another good use for the computer is browsing the Internet. Performance is quick, and this handy device does pretty much everything you need when you're online.

• Speed/Performance:

Durable high quality easy to use laptop

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

I have this is red. Absolutely love the color. It's a bright shiny red. My Hubby got it for me when we were newly weds so this laptop is quite special for me. He bought it about 3 years ago. This laptop has gone through a lot of abuse because I have a 2 year old. It has been chewed upon, jumped on and slapped around but although in bad shape now it's still going strong. Also very simple to use and I don't remember the exact price but it was not that expensive either. I like that it is big so I don't have a problem using the keyboard. I really dislike tiny keyboards and screens but haven't had a problem using this one. So all in all it's been a good purchase for us :)

Great little Netbook!

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

I do not like Dell desktop computers but I love Dell netbooks and laptops! The Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook is a very well made product and well worth the cost! It's versatile. It holds a charge for several hours.

It's so easy to use! The touch pad on it is sensitive. The graphics are awesome. You will be up and surfing the internet in no time at all.

Battery Life
I use mine for several hours a day. It holds a charge very well.

Support & Service
I have not had a need for Support or Service.

Speed/Performance
Connects to the internet fast. I have not experienced any laps yet in internet service while using wi-fi. Pages load fast. I have no problem minimizing screens in order to open up another screen.

It's a nice small size. It's got a good weight to it. It's not too heavy nor too light. Screen is a good size.

So far the Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook has proven to be well constructed and durable. It has been dropped a couple of times on accident by my kids and it still performs well.,

• Speed/Performance:

Meets needs when one travels and wants to keep in touch via emai

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook PC:

Overall for the money this is a great little machine and the colors are are a fun touch.

The Dell is fairly easy to learn and I would recommend this laptop for a machine that you just want to have general assess to. It does not have the memory of most machines and we had to upgrade. This is a great little machine for the occasional computer user or just to take with you for email etc. I would not recommend this for upper age students as I think you will find you will be adding memory and will not serve you well

Battery Life
Even those this is on the lower end of Dells's products the battery is better than average and last a long time.

Support & Service
known for its service Dell is good to work with and normally can walk me through most issues.

Speed/Performance
This machine does not have the power to be a speed performer but for the money is a worthwhile investment. We use it for the grandchildren to use and that way they don't mess up our files. They love having their own computer at grandma's

Love the bright colors and easy to use model.

This machine is a little work horse so it can fool you when you don't think it can do the job. I would say it's good for travel and it's certainly a budget computer, but I doubt that it would meet the needs of college age students. I would consider it more of a travel companion.