3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

Dell Mini Netbook is convenient.

The Dell Mini Netbook is my primary and personal computer source. I have my own personal one which I take with me everywhere. I am a first year college student which means that I constantly have to be reached by my teachers and peers. Having a small, compact, portable, lightweight netbook helps me to stay in contact with everyone I need to be able to talk to. Not only is the dell mini netbook portable and convenient but it is also durable. The battery life lasts a decently long amount of time as long as you set the computer settings on the right power save mode. My netbook has had many accidents whether it were due to my personal clumsiness, my dog, or child. It has always come out on top though with no real harm other than a few minor scratches.

I am not generally a whiz at computers or anything so I have to have access to a laptop or netbook that is easy to use as well as easy to gain help or ask clear questions about. This mini netbook is easy to navigate which automatically makes it right for me. I have only had one problem ever with this computer after having it for a year and a half already. The problem involved something I had downloaded that did not save correctly which resulted in me having to restore my computer. The Dell mini netbook allows you to save all your files before you have to restore anything so that you will have them to use after doing so. All of my files were able to be recovered so I had no trouble with worrying about going out and spending more money to buy a flash zip drive or a disc to save all of my information to just so I would not lose it.

As I have said before, I have a small infant child and a not so small boxer puppy. These two love to play together but is more often than not destructive. My dog is always running around and catching himself on the charger cord of the mini netbook which results in the entire computer falling off of tables or the sides of my couch and chair arms. So far, I have never had any real damage come to my dell mini netbook as a result of the rough housing done by my dog. There have been however, some small and minor scratches on the outer cover of my computer but nothing that actually hurts the ability to use the programming that comes with the computer.

Upon buying my dell mini netbook, I also received a charging cord and a dell dvd recorder and burner. Also included were some programs for software that I would find that may come in handy for use with photos or word processing type works. The product was made that much better because it included so many different other types of electronics that some one would possibly need in order to perform certain tasks with this laptop. I can burn DVDs from my netbook with no problem. Instant updates come with the software that were bought along with my dell mini netbook which make it easier to keep my computer protected against any type of viruses that may come up when I am online or downloaded anything.

Along with saying how the computer is easy to use and access, I would like to add that I feel safe and comfortable with letting other people get on my laptop for when they need it. The Windows Vista programming that came with the netbook allow me to set up different user profiles with passwords and chlid safety locks. This helps me to feel better when younger siblings or family members and friends are using it because I know they can not download anything without my permission which causes less viruses and risks as well as me being able to know that nobody will be able to access my personal information or documents unless I allow them to do so. Another feature of Windows Vista is that it allows you to have a sidebar with different tools or widgets such as a weather tool that shows the forecast for whatever area you set it to as well as a clock for different time zones, a calculator for easy use when you need it and a calendar so you do not have to check the date every time you need it for a website or any other reason. There are options that allow you to add or change different tools and you can set them to your own personal preference and style. It is convenient and very helpful to me as well as probably many other windows vista users.

The Dell mini netbook is easy to set up and has a lot of memory space for people who play games or hold a lot of information on their computers. There are two different menus on the screen. One of which is the classic windows menu at the bottom left hand side of the screen that you can click and it will allow you to scroll through programs and different documents or settings. The other is a menu at the top of the screen that has icons for different programs that you may want to use. You can modify and change either of these menus to suit your needs and preferences.

Altogether this dell mini netbook of mine is my favorite type of laptop or netbook because it is small and compact as well as light and has a lot of memory space.

it needs more for what it costs!

i don't think dell really knows what it means to a person on the computer 24/7 they leave out a lot for the same price you would pay for an expensive dell computer you can by an hp that runs a lot faster and is way more reliable there is just not enough customizeable features on a dell like hp you can make it necessary to have your thumb print to access anything and they do bluetooth as well dell needs to get there act togther as a whole  and think more about the consumer then just there bottom line the one positive thing i can say about dell as a whole is they do make some scheap affordable laptops for student atleast they aren't hurting our future as much i mean besides our pockets. and there are way too many things that dell doesn't take into factor if the battery dies too much then why buy it in the first place? i don't see the actual reason why dell as a company is surviving why hp makes cheaper more affordable customizable laptops and the browser speed are just , for lack of a better word, garbage there is no point in buying a dell computer they will not take care of you the way a customer needs to be taken care of if you want more bang, value, and better customer service for your buck go to hp it is the better more reliable source for all computer needs they value thier customers not thier bottom line we all need to look deep into companies before we think of trusting them like wal mart they are garbage as well ssame as dell, dell needs i wake up slap in the face does not matter were it comes from they just need it don't buy this slow piece of garbage computer it will die on you first virus with no resuration what so ever take it from someone who knows and does not want you to find out the hard way beware the dell it will die before you know it the parts always go out so you have to keep pouring more and more money into a company without values

Cool, Slim and Fun

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

This is one of the coolest looking little devices out there. It looks fun and compact and is yet powerful enough for day to day computing. My only complaint about it is the battery life. I can easily hook this up to a monitor and use it as a dektop replacement as well as carry it around my little handbag. I am extremely happy with this little computer and recommend it to everyone.

• Speed/Performance:

Love it so small and easy to use on the go

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I really enjoy my dell mini 10. I have an upgraded built personally from the ground up myself dell mini 1012. This thing has 2 gigs of ram 60 gig solid state hard drive windows 7 ultimate blue tooth and sim card reader behind the battery to use with your cellphone plan. I have personally built and sold over one hundred and fifty of these over the past 2 years. Easiest laptops ever when it comes to repairing and they are really cheap to build. Granted you have to look around for the best deals but they are every where just have to know where to look. I love streaming movies and listening to music while i am on the go and traveling. This light weight affordable laptop really does do the trick for me. If you have to go with a regular stock version i do not recommend it at all. With my upgrades it runs great but buying straight from the store might be a big disappointment. The upgrades are cheap and the average person can do it themselves. Thank you for reading my review.

I have 2 of them, still good after 4 and 5 years

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

Good overall for a budget computer.

Nice keyboard, Portable, easy to find fitting carrying cases.

Battery Life
This used to be higher, but my netbooks are several years old now. They still charge up, but the usable time is growing less after it's unplugged.

Support & Service
I have never needed any service, but I'm assuming that since one of them runs Windows 7 Starter, Microsoft would answer any questions. So far, I have not had any questions or issues.

Speed/Performance
Windows 7 Starter isn't snappy. It also takes a long time to boot since the computer is a first generation Atom processor. To get best results, I do not use Internet Explorer, but turn to Google Chrome because it's fast even on older machines. The other netbook I have of this kind came with no OS, so I put Linux Ubuntu on it, and it's fast and secure as far as not being prone to malware from public wifi sites.

Very attractive. Dell offered a variety of colors and designs for the lids. I chose orange. The computer itself is overall attractive and sturdy. The keyboard fits me well and the keys are snappy and responsive.

I have had no issues. i also tote them around in a foam-lined protective case. I have never gotten them wet nor dropped them, so I'm unsure how they would react.

Useful

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I use this little notebook for writing only. I never go online with it so I don't know how it does in regards to that. I take this to areas where a larger laptop isn't convenient to carry around. I've used it in my college classes where the desk space is limited and it's even fell off the desk a few times without any negative effects.

I've had mine for 2 years and have never had any issues.

If you can use a laptop you'll have no issues with this netbook.

Battery Life
Does very well on one charge. I haven't timed it but I've heard people say they've gotten up to 5 hours once.

Support & Service
Rated good because I've never had to call support.

Speed/Performance
I use this for writing and in that aspect it's very good. I haven't used it in any other way so I can't gauge on the performance in regards to videos, net, music, etc.

I love the design of it. The keyboard is just big enough to accommodate my hands; however, people with larger hands might find it it hard to type. My father sold his because of that very issue.

Had mine for 2 years, no issues.

Portable and Convenient

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I bought this netbook because of it's size in that it's easy to take with me. It has Windows 7 Starter operating system. It's alright and serves its purpose, but is slow overall. It has a nice design and is durable. The battery life could be longer. If you're looking for a high end netbook, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Speed/Performance:

Good product for the price

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I bought this laptop to carry with me while my husband was deployed. It was very easy to carry with me wherever I went, so I wouldn't miss his skype call. The webcam feature on the mini is a great addition. However, the battery life isn't all that great. I usually had to make sure I was someplace where I knew I could plug it in if I was going to be using it for a long period of time. Also, I don't like the fact that there is no disc drive. But overall, it's a great product.

• Speed/Performance:

I think this is a pretty good laptop for a college student.

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I got this mini netbook as a gift and it is perfect for me, the only con i have about it is the battery life. lasts for about 2 hours but then i would have to put it on charge, perfect for researching but not so much for games. nice, small, and clean.

easy to use.

Battery Life
the battery life lasts for about 2 hours, i wish it did last longer. but all in all, its pretty good

Support & Service
havent had to contact support or service

Speed/Performance
pretty fast except for media.

nice sleek design.

the durability is good, though the battery does tend to heat the computer up a ton. take care of anything and it will last

• Speed/Performance:

Light, cute,sleek,easy to use and built to last!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

for a netbook that is older this little guy works great! i have been able to do more on this little laptop then i have on a desktop or a huge laptop it's easy to carry around and pack away.

this computer has been so easy to get around but it does have alot of hidden and cool features it's really cool and simple to use and if you can not figure something out you can just look it up right in the little help section that windows 7 offers it's pretty much explains all it's feature and how to use them when you 1st start up your laptop.

Battery Life
i have a 6 cell battery which is an extention since i use it on the go it also tells you how many hours the battery has which is a great add on. when the netbook has a full charger the battery is good for 4 hours which for me is great!

Support & Service
getting the support and service on this laptop is sooooo easy! you can talk to someone either onlive chat face to face or over the phone and i have yet to have a problem with getting help for anything on the laptop.

Speed/Performance
for a netbook i love it's speed it's even at times faster then my friends apple or even a desktop. It's not lighting fast but it's faster then most laptops even wether it be wifi or thru ethernet.

it's pretty plain and simple sleek and just plain no designs just the dell symbol on the top black and gray.

this laptop is not sensitive it's can take a few hits and being dropped maybe not from high places but it can last dells is built to last and be pretty tough.

not good

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

To whom considering buying laptop from dell :I bought from dell 3 months ago, but for the past month, I have been dealing with technical support and sent my laptop back 3 times. This is my first time using Dell's Laptop, after using Thinkpad for more than 10 years I decided to give DELL a try. However the technical support is the worst one in my life ever. I believe somebody works in DELL exchange my machine. I got a very BAD BAD screen, and lost my Windows 7 serial number sticker, I cannot re-install windows 7.Here are the sequences of my experience with the technical support:1. My battery was dead after about 2 monthes of use, won't charge.2. I called technical support for a new battery3. The motherboard was electronic shocked after I use the new battery from DELL4. I sent the laptop back to DELL to replace the motherboard.5. I recieved the laptop with new motherboard, but the fingerprint censor was damaged.6. I sent the laptop back to DELL again to fix fingerprint.7. THE WORST PART: I got the laptop back and a letter. The letter says there were nothing done with my laptop, the fingerprint is still not working. But I found out my screen was exchanged. My old screen was bright and had no dead pixels, but the new one is dark and has A LOOOOOOOOOOOOT of dead pixels. These are even two big dead pixel spots, I can't count how many dead pixels in those spots. My Windows 7 serial number sticker lost as well. It seems somebody works in DELL exchanged my laptop.8. I sent the laptop back to DELL again.

Love my Dell Insprion Mini 10

from Hermon, ME

Comments about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook PC:

I really love my Dell Inspiron Mini 10. I also really love that it is pink! It is small enough to fit in my purse but still powerful enough for everything that I like to do. The only complaint that I have is that is only has one gig of ram which makes watching vidoes difficult. Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about this computer. I got an external CD drive when i purchased the computer so that if I needed it I would have that option. I don't use the CD drive often enough to miss it at all. The size of the laptop is more important to me. I have never had any problems with battery life. The multi-touch pad is nice as well. Having a small screen was strange at first after having a 17 inch laptop but it only took a few minutes of using it before I didn't even notice the small size. The same thing goes for the small keyboard. I don't think I would want to go back to a larger laptop after having this one. I would definately recommend this to a friend.