View more desktops

Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer

Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer

3.9

The 530S is an OUTSTANDING desktop, but has bad support

Finally, a computer from Dell seems to offer more than what we expected.

Finally, a computer from Dell seems to offer more than what we expected.

Dell inspirion **530S** computer is actually desgined as a desktop / mini tower personal copmuter combined - that means you can lay it down flat on a desk and put the monitor on top of it, behind it or let it stand as a mini tower. Either way, it looks great and works great. I like the two USB ports on the front, on the other hand, the Intel Core 2 Due 2.66 GHZ Prossessor,2 MB Cashe, 3.2 GB RAM, and 400 GB Hard Drive make a good combination or solid features. Of course there are more features than what I mentioned, but those are what matter - to me at least- as the main features for performance. Let me try to summarize them in a simple way (God Willing):

- Intel Core2 Due prossessor : Is the next generation prossesseor from Intel. So those who have experienced difficulties with Intel Pentium prossessors,are going to love Intel Core 2 Due prossessor.

- Cashe ( pronounced "cash" ) or cashe memory: is a place where data is stored temporarily so the Prossessor can access them fast . However, bigger sizes are better. The L2 2Mega Bite Cashe that comes with this computer L2 stands for Level 2.

- 3.2 GB RAM : RAM stands for *random access memory*; So what is the difference between RAM and Cashe? Cashe memory is used by the prossessor to speed up access to the RAM. However, it is really important that you pick a big size. The 4 Gega Byte RAM is a lot better than  the 2 GB, and the 8 GB is better than both. The higher the GB the better for Cashe and RAM.

- 400 GB Hard Drive: The Hard Drive is where you store your files, movies, songs, picture, ...etc. 400 GB is a pretty good size for a hard drive even for multimedia users

- finally, Windows Vista home is the operating system. It is a really decent operating system program from windows, Vista home edition is not that different than Windows XP professional.

- of course there are more features that I didn't mentioned like, CD/DVD / RW Drive. network card, graphic card, ..and so on..But it's like I said I mentioned what is really important - in my point of view. Some people may put : Viedo , Audio card , graphic prossessor, and wireless network card as top priorty of purchising desk top or list them as important after the Prossessor, Cashe, and Ram; Which is fair. It just depends on what they are looking for or expecting  from the computer. Almost evey computer from 2005 comes with a built-in wireless network card. That's why I didn't list it; Plus, routers are what we need to worry about for wireless network quality more the network card. This computer is designed as a personal computer not work station or "heavy duty" multimedia use; That's why I didn't put the graphics ability under the microscoope.

In brief, the Dell inspiron 530S desktop, is a really good computer for surfing the internet, downloading, uploading, a whole family can use it and it still runs like new. But remmember that you are dealling with Dell, which means, the customer service is YOU .

The Dell Inspiron 530 is not dependable.

I ordered a Dell with Windows XP on it and it crashed everytime I turned it on. I finally returned it with the promise they were going to build me another one that was not corrupted exactly as the one I ordered. Well, what I got was an Inspiron 530 (not what I had previously ordered) with Windows Vista on it. They did not contact me about the change or give me the chance for a refund. I opened the box when it arrived and discovered it. They sent me a 1GB machine (which is nearly impossible to run Vista on per Dell customer service and internet suggestion from their website). I called and they refused to take it back or refund my money. They sent me Windows XP software and told me to change out of Vista but in so doing, I would void my warranty. They would not send anyone out to fix my previous machine which is why I sent it back per their suggestion with the promise of being done right. They were very condescending to me and I would never order another Dell. I had a Hewlett-Packard computer for 8 years with no problems. AMD Athlons are superb! I wish I had ordered another one. Dell computers are overerrated and hyped up by the media. Another company whose product line has suffered from quantity over quality. I tell anyone and everyone not to buy Dell. They are not the company they used to be. The Inspiron 530 is over-praised and comes with a myriad of built in problems and incompatabilities. Run from any Dell as fast as you can!!!!

Great PC

from Cypress, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

I ordered this computer about 3 years ago.  This computer is still running.  I did have to upgrade my power supply for my video card.  Also I have the intel q6600 and even now it is good for gaming.  Since I upgraded my video card the computer cans handle 1080p.  This computer is very upgradable.  I use this computer now to play nba 2k11 and the video settings are on pretty high settings.  Also since I upgraded the video card I can play Call of Duty: Black Ops with out any problem.  The only thing I did have a problem was with the the wireless pci card that they gave me.  I think it was because of the PCI card and the firmware.  If you need a computer for occasional gaming and use it for surfing the internet.  Also for microsoft office this computer is more than capble of it.  I think that this computer was a great investment because it last a while and the performance is still better than many of the computer now adays.

A great computer desk top and long lasting

from Oak Lawn, IL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

This computer desktop is very nice to have. Its very long lasting and a very great computer to have. It has amazing features and its very user friendly. I am not much informed about computers but i enjoy using it daily. I have a hp laptop as well but the dell is easier and faster to navigate through. This computer has been great and strong. It does not have many problems even though im a heavy internet user and downloader. Its reliable because it there are so many ways of fixing any problem. THere is alot of memory and very great softwares already installed. The computer has great security features and nicer, more user-friendly, interface. It is usually used for everything, form playing games, watching movies to browsing internet or writing up documents. The newer features make it even better and more enjoyable to use. I enjoy owning this computer and i know it will last me for a very long tim.e

Great computer for those on a budget!

from Flippin, AR

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

I bought my Dell Inspiron 530 about 3 years ago and I love it.  It is the first Dell I have ever bought and I have had very minimal issues with it and for the money, it's been GREAT!  I had one issue with it, but it wasn't the computer, it was some malware and I simply did a system restore to restore it back to like it was when I first bought it and I haven't had a bit of trouble from it since then.  I haven't used the support, so I can't comment on it, but as far as the computer itself goes, I would buy another one any day! Thank you Dell!

The Inspiron 530 desktop was great the first week I had it.

from Vernon, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

I have regretted it ever since I got it.  I do not like the vista at all.  I should have waited for the Windows 7.  This is the 5th Dell computer I have bought my family.  I think this will be the last Dell I will be buying for the family.  I have just had too many problems with them.

Lynda Gauldin

dell service

from Englewood, CO

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

The unit is great except when it needs to be serviced by Dell. You need to call a toll free number, which your call ends up in India. First, you cannot understand anything that they say, and then they transfer you 3 times untill you get a tech..Again you cannot understand a thing that they say. It took over 2 hours to have them go through this computer to find a software problem. As they did this, they started to delete things they say i didnt need in the computer. They fixed the problem i had had with warning pop ups, and then said goodbye. It wasnt five minutes, after this call, that the problem was back, plus other things were not working, as they were before the call. I had to call them back again, and go thru another 2 and a half hours again. It took me getting a supervisor to help undo what the first person had done. Since then, everything is good and i am happy with this unit. Just make sure that you get the waranty for the tech side of things. They also told me that beings that this was a toll free number that i wouldnt be charged minutes to my cell phone. That was wrong to..

Love this computer

from Arcata, CA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

I love this computer.  I have had it for 3 years now and the only problem was caused by something coming lose when I was moving, so my fault not the computer's.  I like that it is light, and up to date with today's technology.

I couldn't have found a better vehicle for the info superhighway

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

I have had my Dell inspiron 530 for almost three years now. The graphics are clear, no sticking, user friendly, no going to the computer shop for minor kinks. This pc has a windows defender that makes Homeland security look like the get-along-gang. I've never caught a virus or had a crash in the three years I've owned it. The keyboard is sleek and takes up little space. It's quiet; you cannot even tell its on half the time. I love this pc. It was a sound investment. I am glad I purchased this product.

My Dell 530 has met my expectations and more!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

Sadly, growing up, we didn't have the luxury of computers.  My life would have been so much easier had we had access to technology in those days.  I'm completely self taught and have even surprised myself in how many things I've taught myself from anything as simple as word processing using Windows Office all the way to narrating, editing, and designing covers for Audio Books.  I've had several different brands of computers but I have found my Dell 530 has completely simplified my self teaching experience to the point of being able to fix almost any problem without the need of a service technician to helping fix my friend's computers.  I would highly recommend Dell to anyone, especially those who are computer challenged!

The Dell Inspiron 530 is amazingly functional!

from Middlesboro, KY

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

It's very reliable for slightly graphical programs and provides excellent power for the less intense games that I would play. It gives you a nice piece of equipment at a reasonable price range and, of course is always upgradable.

The body is also quite appealing, the aesthetics are nice for a lower end computer. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a daily use computer.

fast and dependable

from Helena, MT

Comments about Dell Inspiron Desktop Computer:

i am amazed with my new computer from dell it is very good for doing my home business and my online college courses   i spend over half of my day online and it meets all my needs from homework to selling my products from home   every one should own a dell         computer but beware do not buy your computer with vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    its just a passing fad and none of your old games or programs will run on it