Other Desktops:
Dell Inspiron 546 MT  (AMD Sempron LE1300 500GB/2GB) (DDCWTA1_5) PC Desktop

Dell Inspiron 546 MT (AMD Sempron LE1300 500GB/2GB) (DDCWTA1_5) PC Desktop

Dell Inspiron 546 reliable and adequate for home use

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Dell Inspiron 546 MT (AMD Sempron LE1300 500GB/2GB) (DDCWTA1_5) PC Desktop:

I've had this model for over 3 years and it has been my home's great workhorse. I've got lots of mobile devices, but you can't beat this computer for it's reliability and ability to perform. I've never had a problem with it other than a virus, (not the computer's fault) and some spyware problems, again, not the computer's fault.
The speed is quite fast, although I'm not a gamer so don't use it for that nor for movies. I'll say the video quality is good for the the non-major video items that I do use it for.
Sometimes my browser is slow to load but don't think that's got anything to do with the computer. The biggest pluses of this compute, in order, are great hard disk space, 3 GB RAM, and the fast AMD Sempron processor. Again I'm not a gamer so didn't purchase the PC for that which is probably not the best PC for, nor would the graphics be superior for someone who need VERY high quality graphics.
For internet browsing, email and all other things-I would definitely recommend.

You don't need to be a computer wizard for this.

Hardware Quality
Not the best for superior graphics or gaming

Support & Service
Dell is reliable just call their toll-free number and they'll help with their remote tool. But they will try to sell you stuff while they're doing that.

No additional hardware was ever needed for 3 plus years