Other Laptops:
Dell

Pros

Cons

Affordable and Worthy

Comments about Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Computer (Intel CORE I3 370M GB/3GB) (fndor15b) PC Notebook:

This makes for a great laptop for everyday use and for school use. If you plan on storing a ton of content or use it for gaming, it probably isn't the best. I did get a blue screen once before having to re-install windows. I like it though and it has some nice features. Speakers aren't great, but wouldn't expect them to be on this model.

Pretty user friendly and simple like most Dell laptops are.

Battery Life
I didn't think it was great, but not terrible either. My new Toshiba is much better on battery life.

Support & Service
Typical Dell support, nothing special but not terrible either.

Speed/Performance
Good for its size and price, I thought it was just fine.

I like the simple yet nice looking design, looks like it cost more than it does. You can get different colors as well or easily add a skin to it.

Probably won't last as long as some higher end models, but it works pretty well when needed. Can easily be rebooted if you get the blue screen of death. The person I sold it to still uses it.

My First Laptop

from Dallas, TX

I had just received a scholarship for graduate school and was looking to buy a laptop. The Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Computer with Intel CORE 13 370M GB/3GB PC Notebook seemed like a good choice and fit my budget with my scholarship money.
I had never owned a laptop before, so I didn't really know what to look for in a computer.
After several years of carrying this computer in a well-padded backpack designed for laptops, I was suffering from more than just backaches from this bulky machine. My Dell laptop was constantly being attacked by viruses even though I purchased anti-virus protection software.
After only a year, the speed of processing and functioning had noticeably declined. Several times, it underwent something my techy friend called the "blue screen of death." Thankfully, he was able to revive it a few times, but I lost a lot of amazing photos, lesson plans and graduate school papers.

Extremely Easy to Use

from Fairfield, VA

So far I have nothing but praise for the Dell Inspiron Laptop. I bought it for our household as a gift a few months ago, to replace an Acer that was on its last legs. This is a very simple, practical, no frills computer that's very easy to use.

Especially for folks used to smartphones and tablets, this is very easy to figure out how to use, without using any "help" features or reading manuals. I opened it up a few months ago, installed a few needed programs from the internet, and starting using it immediately without even feeling like I had to acclimate to it. Those not used to touchscreen features will struggle briefly, but its easy to get used to.

Battery Life
I have used it for hours after unplugging it, but it may not suit those constantly on the go.

Support & Service
Thankfully, I have not needed support or service, but I have gotten emails from Dell offering assistance if I need it.

Speed/Performance
The Inspiron has performed well so far, no glitches or freezes or "behavior" I couldn't figure out.

The touchscreen is a very simple straightforward design, as well as the general hardware of the computer. It isn't stylish, its just simple and practical, no frills.

I haven't dropped it yet, thankfully, but I'm liking the keyboard-the keys don't easily get hair or other dirt under them. The screen handles being constantly touched quite well, though I have to wipe fingerprints pretty often, which is to be expected.

Terrific Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop

I bought my Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop after the Toshiba laptop I had for 3 years kept blue screening 5-10 times a day. While I had a price range in mind before buying a laptop, this Dell was a bit higher priced but when I compared SPECS to comparable laptops this couldn't be beat. I needed a laptop that could handle different browsers and multiple tabs up at once and this Dell performs well with no lagging.

This Dell Inspiron 15R laptop is easy to use and I can find the files and programs needed within seconds. I have Windows 8 which performs like Windows 7 which is a plus for me.

Battery Life
The battery life is reasonable, but with everything, I wish it would last longer without needing to be charged.

Support & Service
While I have not had a need to contact and use Dell support, this laptop checks often the hardware and performance on its own, which is amazing.

Speed/Performance
I use wifi through high-speed internet and never had an issue with "laggy" loading webpages or scrolling through pages. Webpages load smoothly with little hesitation and within split seconds.

Before buying this Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop, I wasn't too keen on the wider spacing of keys on the keyboard but after using it a few days I much prefer this over more narrow-spaced keys.

Good while it lasted

I got my laptop as a Christmas present in 2010. It was great, but broke down pretty quickly (a year). Hard drive got busted. After that, I had to change the hard drive again in 2012, but thankfully I haven't had to do so anymore since then. It's lost a few keys here and there, and the battery doesn't charge. The fan seems to be busted too, so it overheats unless I use an external cooling device. I barely have anything on it and it's gotten really slow, horrible lags. Overall, I don't think I'd buy another one of these, but I might, who knows.

It's fairly easy to use and understand even if you don't have much experience with tecnology.

Battery Life
Battery lasted about a year and a half, wont charge anymore.

Support & Service
Customer service was pretty good when I needed to repair it.

Speed/Performance
It's decreased significantly over time.

I'd say durability is terrible. I think I take pretty good care of my things, and this one didn't last at all. I expect a laptop to be something that lasts a good while, but this one broke down in a year.

Good Purchase

Purchased this computer for my husband to just search the web with, to keep him off mine. I really like it - it is fast - lightweight and very easy to operate and understand for those of us who are not complete "Computer Geeks"

Battery Life
my only complaint - wished the battery life was longer

• Speed/Performance:

Average performance for daily moderate computing.

This computer is great for everyday mild use. Not so fast and snappy or not suitable for high end graphics or memory consuming work. Well build and study but all plastic. Keyboard works flawless and I was able to type fast! Screen is average but hey again, this is an average budget laptop. Ideal for college or home laptop for everyday browsing or using MS office. Battery life although 6 cell, it fell short of it. Barely lasts 2.5 hours for me. Fan keeps turning on if using some high memory consuming application softwares. Overall it is an OK latpot. One thing i liked is the keyboard with dedicated separate number pad, makes it easy for me!! i3 processor is not so snappy specially comparing with i5 or i7 specially after comparing with newer generations of the same. Easy to upgrade memory or change battery. This laptop is kind of heavy as compared to other same configuration laptops of different brand. If you upgrade the battery to 9 cell, that will again add more weight and bulk to overall laptop. Webcam, blutooth, MMC reader, DVD etc are standard. No lit keyboard. I had good support from Dell. For once i had problem with keyboard, but they changed it right away. A technician came home and replaced the whole keyboard as the keys seem to be little tight and hard to press.