4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ink/Paper Use:

I miss my old printer more

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

When I first got the printer, it worked really well. But around my second year of college, this printer crapped out on me. It would print blank sheets (even when I put new ink in it), would take forever to start up, and sometimes, it wouldn't even bother printing at all. I'm not going to say it's a total piece of junk (it worked really well when I first got it), but after a couple of years, it's best to get a new printer, rather than spend time and money having this one repaired.

The printed images are very clear and bright. Almost like it came straight off the screen. The black and white schemes are amazing as well.

Copy Quality
Very clear image quality.

Ink/Paper Use
I feel this printer uses more ink than my previous printer. I felt that I had to buy ink every month, whereas I had to buy ink every 3 months for my old printer.

Installing it was kinda complicated, and you have to make sure it's turned on when you have to print anything. If you have a laptop like mine (Dell Inspiron), you'll have to restart your computer if the printer isn't on.

It crapped out on me in the first 2 years of use. Not great for college students.

This is very inconvenient for college students. It's big, bulky, and takes up half of the desk. I'd go with my previous printer-- the HP inkjet. It's slim, lightweight, and takes up much less space than this one. (Unfortunately, my parents took my perfectly fine printer and bought me this overpriced hunk of junk.)

Best printer I ever had

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

This is the first all in one printer that I ever owned, I am glad I purchased it because I needed to make copies of paperwork that I had to send out for personal financial matters and this printer had all I needed to get the job done, it has a wifi connection, and a scanner and I really like how if I wanted to make a copy of a document I put it on top and press the copy button and it pulls in the document on its own then scans it then prints it.

It prints fast and with no problem at all, it a terrific printer for the money.

Copy Quality
Perfect copies every single time, but it depends on your ink level, as long as you have enough ink there should be no problems.

Ink/Paper Use
It prints very well and the ink seems to last a long time, If you play around with the options you can actually save ink.

Its a little intimidating at first trying to figure out everything it does, but once you do its very easy to use.

Very strong and durable, seems to be well made.

Its kind of big, but its expected for an all in one printer.

Love all in one

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I absolutely love the fact that this product is not only an all in one printer, but also wireless. Wireless printers are great with laptops because the purpose of laptops is to be able to walk around not be stuck to a printer because it has to stay plugged in. I also like the fact that it has the copying with it because it lessens the amount of space on my desk because I don't have to have a copier and a printer on it. I also like the color of it. I'm not sure how well it works because I don't own this exact one however I've had a lot of good experiences with dell items, such as my laptop which lasted for many years. These printers also seem to run very fast. I own a all in one printer similar to this and it is very fast. The only this that I do not like about wireless printers is that sometimes they will have problems stayig. Connected to the wireless internet causing them not to work a all. And when that happens it stinks because you can print out multiple things thinking their going to the printer when their not printing at all causing you to have to go back and do it over again.

Good

Very good all-in-one machine

from Galesville, WI

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

The Dell all in one printer does it all! Scanner, copier, fax and printer. Black and white or color. It has a built in pic bridge and it is wireless!

this machine prints very fast and clear.The scanner is very easy to use. I haven't used it for printing pictures yet, as I have another printer that I use for this.

Copy Quality
Every copy that I have made looks as good as the original.

Ink/Paper Use
Ink usage is ok,doesn't measure up to Hp but in my opinion Hp ink out lasts most other brands.

The included software makes it very easy to operate or use the printer buttons.

I've owned this for about 3.5 years,still going strong.

I like the design of this all in one machine. Changing the ink is very easy. Should you have a paper jam just flip the top up and remove paper.

Sleek

from Bethpage, NY

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

Beatutiful printer. Is has many (if not all) of the features you would want in a home office printer. It takes about one hour to setup - but then you are good to go. Easily scan, copy, fax and print. It has a nice scan feature that feeds from the top (do not have to lift the top piece to get to the glass). It has both black/white and color capability. Downside it is a little heavy/bulky...but that is to be expected from an all in one printer unit. Also has slots for photo cards and USB drive so you can scan/copy directly onto a devise reather than turning on your printer. Wireless printing feature as well.

Poor service

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

My ancient HP flatbed scanner was dying; sometimes it would work perfectly, but at critical moments the scans were unreadable. I was really in the market for another flatbed, but as I was browsing Dell's site, I saw the V515w.

I've never had an all-in-one, mostly because if you lose one function (say, the scanner stops working), you lose the entire unit until it's repaired. The main functionality I needed is the printer, and I have two other HP's for that, so I bought the Dell for the copier and scanner functions.

Setup/installation is fairly simple with Windows XP and 7. The unit connected flawlessly to my wireless network, and I'm able to print to it from any of my pcs/laptop.

My only downside is that I had to replace the black cartridge after three months. Dell has a another cartridge that has twice the quantity of ink, but it is twice the price. You'd think that there'd be a slight discount, but nooooo..

Over all, I like the unit. The only function that I haven't used yet is the fax, and I probably won't use it for a while.

Dell also sells the v313w model; I'm not sure of the differences, but I think it loses the fax.

Does everything I ask of it, and I've asked a lot. It does go through ink cartridges, so I've taken to buying them from discounters, such as 123inkjets.

Copy Quality
Excellent copies. I had to copy my parents' death certificates, and the authorities accepted them.

Ink/Paper Use
Ink hog, but I've not found one that isn't, and I've had many. Paper use is not an issue.

Easy to set up and use.

There was apparently an ECO (engineering change order) on the Dell V515w all-in-one that changed the carrier for the color ink cartridge. I ordered a replacement for a used one and it didn't fit. I've talked to seven different people, one of whom didn't understand what I was telling her when I said that IT DOESN'T FIT! The web site doesn't offer a cartridge for my printer. My last purchase from Dell.

Compact

• Ink/Paper Use:

Looks goods, works ok, but keeps having printhead issues"

from Houston, TX

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I like the printer and the design. Has all the different office machine needs I want for my home but the main con about this printer is the fact that the printhead keeps needing adjustment from time to time like after about 20 uses or if the printer has been allowed to sit for several days without use. It can be frustrating and slow that your work when you are in a hurry since you'll have to open the copy head, pull out and then reinstall the printhead.

4 times the excitement

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

My brother bought this for me and my little brother and turns out to be awesome progress. So far I used 3 of 4 thing with it. Scannning, Printing, even copying it what's more awesome is that I don't even have to be next to it to do anything it can do for I can just connect to Wi-fi as I please. So much better than I gave credit for. If I had to make a recommendation on what printer to get, I'd say this one.