View more all in one printers

2.1
Other All-In-One Printers:
Dell
Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer

Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer

2.1

the 948 is avery reliable,useful all in one printer...

from New Alexandria, PA

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

The 948 is a very reliable useful printer. It's user friendly and handles it's'' all in one ''duties with ease.It also has an energy saving component.The only drawback to the 948 is that it uses a lot of ink..

Great printing, slow scanner, sucks up the ink.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I bought this printer to replace my Lexmark 6150.  Part of the reason I bought it is because it is part of Dell's RED line, so part of it goes toward the efforts to help out Africa.  I've never owned a Dell printer before, and have not been impressed.  The sleek look is outweighed by the fact that it will cost you to own it.  The printing is beautiful and sharp, but it uses ink faster than any other printer I've owned, and since the inkjet cartridges can only be bought from Dell, it gets expensive very quickly.  Also, because the cartridges come from Dell, you'd better not be in a rush when you run out.  I haven't used the fax, so i can't comment on that.  The scanner, however, scans sharply, but is much slower than my Lexmark was.  Since the primary reason I bought it was for scanning, I've found it very unsatisfactory, and have already replaced it with another model by Brother.  If you only use it for occasional printing and scanning, this would be a good printer for you, however, if you plan to do heavy duty scanning, you'll be pulling your hair out, and if you want heavy duty printing, you'll be putting out some cash.  I'd stay away from this model.

Dell AIO 948 is the worst printer on the market!

from Enid, OK

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

This is my second Dell printer (had the AIO 962 before) and I will NEVER have another one.  The "stand alone" fax will work for about six months and then it is just sporadic.  Dell replaced the first printer and the second one is doing the same thing.  Tried to get tech support help and they are saying that this printer came from Canada - so they can't help me.  They are the ones that sent it to me and they say it came from Canada - what a joke.  They transfer me to the Canadian tech support and they say "nope - no records here.  Gotta check with US tech support" and so I get shuffled back and forth!!!!  No more Dell printers for me!!!!!

Wireless,expensive,not impressive.

from Sutherlin, OR

Dell 948 all in one printer

I've had cheap Canon all-in-one printers and I thought this Dell would really be a step up. It's not. I get good quality print and I get fast printing. But, really it's no better than those cheap Canon printers from Wal-Mart. I have to buy DELL ink because I can't find ink for it anywhere but the Dell store. My Dell ink seemed to run out very quickly and I changed the cartridges when recommended. Soon thereafter, I was notified that my ink tanks were out again. I've been printing for a month with an "EMPTY" ink tank! I feel scammed by dell. Their ink is expensive, too...and of course it goes on my dell account!

I do a lot of homeschool printing - worksheets, craft patterns, reports, etc. and I haven't found this to be an economical choice for a printer.

Quality: GREAT

Price: HORRIBLE

Maintenance: AWFUL

Convenience: GOOD

Pretty good Product!

from Stonewall, MS

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I bought the printer a few months ago and have not had any trouble with it.  I have not used the photo functions very much yet, but so far so good.  The reason I went with this product was because it has a wireless network option.  This is perfect for my fiance and I who are both computer people.  Twice my computer has lost the network connection, but with a simple reboot of the computer it was fixed.  I believe that this was a computer problem not a printer problem.

As far as printing goes, I have had no problems whatsoever. The products are clear and the margins match those on the computer screen.  The colors are bright and the ink can be varied based on the reason for a print (light, medium, etc)

Troubles with this Produce!

from Livingston, TN

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I bought this printer less than a year ago. Had problems with the usb from the beginning. You have to unplug from printer to get PC to boot up then plug back in after booted. It went from that to not letting you use either colored or black inck cartridge. If one runs out and the other is full it will not let you click on icon to let you use other ink cartridge only. Also started making a loud clicking noise when you turned on printer from out of idle. I called Dell they had me to return and replaced printer. When the replacement came they replaced the printer with a refurbished one. Not to mention that they would not give a new warranty on the replacement but kept the old warranty for the first printer ,which will expire in November 2008.  I still had the same problems with the usb cord and the ink. I called deal and talked with them we went through several steps which did not fix this problem. The tech even told me that several people had the same problems with the usb cord as I was having and they did not know what was causing the problem. I will say that it does print great quality of prints but with all the problems with the product  I would advise buying some other printer with not so many problems.

Barbara McGee

A piece of junk!

from Enid, OK

Comments about Dell All-In-One Wireless Printer:

I bought this Dell AIO948 in March and by June I was having problems with it.  Spent endless hours on phone and "live chat" with tech support and still had problems sporadically with the "stand alone" fax and the fax modem.  Would only work part of the time.  They sent me a refurbished printer on July 3 and called back to see if it worked.  Told them it was doing the same thing as the other one.  They said they'd call me back the next day to check on it more thoroughly.  This was three weeks ago and no phone call from them.  I am unable to contact Tech Support as when I enter my Service Tag Number, they are saying it was purchased outside the U.S., so they are unable to help me!!!!  Call the phone number listed and they keep either putting me into computer tech support OR transfer me to the Dell Canada office.

No more Dell printers for me!!!!!