3.5
V313
Dell All-In-One Printer

Dell All-In-One Printer

3.5

The Dell V313 is a wonderfully affordable printer.

I just bought the Dell V313 wireless printer. First of all I received it before the estimated ship date. Then, when I started using it, it amazed me at how great it was. Setting it up was pretty easy. Unfortunately for me my CD drive wasn't working so I had to download the drivers from the Dell support website, I also downloaded the wrong one. Dell's customer service technician was great. He helped get me the right driver for my printer and also helped set up the wireless capabilities. As for the printer itself, it's a wonder that I've lived this long without it. It prints lightning fast, almost like a laser printer. It has a powersave mode that turns off the printer so it's not drawing too much power. It's an all in one printer, meaning it can print, copy, or scan. The scanning function is also really cool. You can sit at your computer and have a document scanned to the printer without getting up to do it! All in all this printer is fantastic. I would recommend this printer to anyone who is in the market for a printer and looking for an affordable yet high quality machine. Plus, you can choose from three different colors!

Great printer--great price--ink gobbler!

I recently bought this printer (my first Dell printer), along with a new Dell laptop.  Initially, I was extremely pleased with it--the quality of the prints, the ease of setup (my first wireless printer), the appearance--just everything.  I could tell that when I had to replace the ink cartridges--WAY down the road--I would not have any trouble snapping them in.

Imagine my surprise when I started getting a 'low black ink' message just a few weeks into owning the v313w.  I was at first sure it must be some kind of mistake.  I went online to the Dell website and found that  other owners were having the same problem.  Well--it was a low priced printer so the ink should be, as well, right?  Nope!

It may not be the most expensive on the market (I have not done any research into that), but the ink cartridges are not cheap.  They are especially not cheap when you think about having to replace them fairly often.  Furthermore, there does not seem to currrently be any source other than Dell for purchasing them.  Well, there are a few ink sellers that just recently have promised that the Dell cartridges are 'coming soon.'   The prices do not seem to be less than buying from Dell and they do not even have them right now anyway.  Plus, the shipping may or may not be free, depending on the website and their current 'offers.'

If I had it to do over again, I would shop backwards (like I did for my last printer--a Canon which I used for almost 10 years).  I did a general comparison for printer reviews and then I shopped for the average price of replacement cartridges.  Should have done the same thing this time!

Decent Printer.

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

Honestly there are alot more printers out there for under the price of this one that will do the same job and even better. Air Print is not something Dell does yet, which really had me debating hard not to get this printer. I still purchased this printer for my home office because I already had an HP printer with the air print capability, so I thought I would give Dell a try. As my rating states it is satisfactory at best. The drivers are easy to install, and the printer was a breeze to setup. But the printer itself is just average. Plus the ink tends to run out fairly fast compared to say HP or Brother printers that I have used in the past.

Runs the same as any other printer

Ink/Paper Use
Ink seems to run out faster then most printers

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Dell v313 All in One InkJet Printer- Priced right but not on ink

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

I really like the look of the Dell v313 All in One InkJet Printer. It has some great features. It was easy to set up.  While it didn't provide a USB cable I was luck I had one on hand, though it would have better had they included one.  Some of the features that I really like are that the printer has enviromental impact. I can set it up to use Eco-Mode so I set to low and it changes it to Power Saver mode when idle for 10 minutes.  I can conserve ink with settings for quick print or draft mode, which important if you it use in regular mode, as Dell v313 uses a lot of ink and the price of replacement cartiriges are fairly expensive. The printer noise about average with other printers I have used. I haven't tried to scan/copy part of the Dell v313 much and it does offer a program on set up software to help with make the scan/copy look better. I have notice that it take longer to get the printer ready to print compared to other printers I have used that are not Dell printers. The cost of the replacement ink cartiages for the Dell v313 more than I'm willing to pay at this time. Also, currently the only place that I have found to by the ink cartiages for the printer are on their website. That tends to be a problem that I have had with Dell printers in the past. If I wait long enough I will eventually be able to get them elsewhere.  Until then, I will have to use another printer I have at my home.

I bought this Dell v313 on refurbished part of their website.  My thinking was that it wasn't one of the newest printers made by Dell.  That mistakes was mine alone.  Dell printers are great in quality and most of my computers and it peripherals are made by Dell.  Aside from the cost of replacement ink, the Dell V313 is an excellant product from an excellent company.  If you want a Dell printer be sure to check out the price of the replacement cartridges before hand to see if you can or are willing to pay the price for the.

Dell makes great computers and many other peripherals too.  I know that at some time I will be using the Dell v313 All in One InkJet Printer and it will be worth the purchase.

The Dell V313 is a wonderfully affordable printer.

from Fort Myers, FL

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

Dell V 313 W Printer: Nothing but trouble!

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

The Wi Fi is a real problem. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. I finally got all three of my Dell Lap tops to work on a fairly consistent basis, and then BAM! I start getting a message that the printer is busy, so after many hours of troubleshooting, I discover that the print cartridge has to be aligned (why didn't the message say that I needed to align the print cartridge). That worked for a while, but I just tried to print and the message I'm getting is that the computer can't communicate with the printer. The print quality is good when it works, but it doesn't work more often than it does.

Also, I spent hours on the phone with Dell Tec. support when I first bought the printer, and it was a complete joke. Dell has really gone down hill. I was once a firm supporter, but I'm very disappointed in the company now.

Great printer--great price--ink gobbler!

from Cornelia, GA

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

The Dell V313 is a great, cheap printer!

from Villa Rica, GA

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

This product is very good for the price. Ours came practically free with our computer, and it's been a great printer so far. Initially it had some issues connecting to the wireless internet, but once we resolved those issues, everything has been great! It is fast and efficient!

Issues

from Holt, MI

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

I am surprised the other reviews liked this printer since I would not buy it again. It had issues that it keep staying it is out of paper when there clearly is paper. There must be a problem with the mechanisms which is terrible since this problem started occuring with a month of ownership. I've found that if you tilt it upside down and shake it something adjusts and it will work it again but this is extremely impratical solution to keep have to do every couple of week or so. I also do not like the fact that the ink cartridges are not sold in stores and cannot be refilled, it is just too much of a pain to have to go to dell's website and reorder every time I want ink. I think they do this so that they can price the printer cheap but make the money up by having ink that does not last long and keeps you buying at their premium prices. I would buy something different focusing more on the cost of ink in the long term that the initial cost of the ink.

Dell printer V313w with wifi - flakey wifi but prints nice

from Almont, MI

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

I'd love this printer if it didn't offer wifi connectivity....because that part of it doesn't work well at all....it's flakey at best.  I don't even try to use the wifi anymore because it make me crazy....otherwise it's an awesome printer, it's good on ink, fast and prints nice and clear.  I'm not so crazy about the size either, it's overly large for what it does.  I'd be fine with it if it scanned in legal or large, but it doesn't.....not sure why is has to be so huge.  Also, it goes on standby to save power, nice, except I think that's what interfers with the wifi.   Seems like it needs to be powered up and ready when something is sent to it otherwise it's lost in cyber space.  It also doesn't hold as much paper as the previous Dell all in ones that I have had.  It sure is good on ink in comparison though and much faster than anyother Dell I've owned.  As much as it annoys me, I still like it and would buy another Dell.

very easy to use all in one printer

from Ronkonkoma, NY

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

I got this printer a couple of months ago, and i think i have used every feature of it.  It was very easy to install the wireless feature, which i think is great, you could be in any room and be printing pages, no need to hook up laptops with printers anymore.  The software that it came with is also very easy to use.  I personally like the edit your document feature, that allows you to edit any document right away, you could save it as a .doc or .pdf format.  It looks very good, I havent changed the cartridge yet, the print quality is very good.  But best of all is the wireless feature.  You can hook up some more computers to the printer.

I still havent been able to figure out the scanning feature, I tried scanning some documents,  the cheques are giving me the most trouble.  It only captures the printed area and not the whole document.  For an all in one printer it is very thin.  You can also print with the USB cord.

Love this printer

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Dell All-In-One Printer:

I got this printer when i got my new dell desktop and love it. I used to use a different printer for different features. I now have the ability to print photos and scan and copy all on the same printer. The ink lasts quite awhile even when printing pictures. I had some trouble learning to scan but once i figured it out it is very simple i can now scan items and edit and print makes life easy. This is a great printer and would buy it again if i needed to