3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

This is a safe, affordable heater.

This is a nice heater for supplemental heat in the home.  It is an oil filled electric radiator.  This heater is heavy and is not likely to tip over and since there is no red hot element the possibility of fire is greatly reduced.

This heater has an option for more economical usage by using the minimum and medium watt switches.  Both switches need to be on when starting the heater.  After the heater has reached operating temperature, just use the watt switches to set it to a lower setting and save.  It does take this heater about fifteen minutes to reach operating temperature so don't expect to get immediate heat.  This heater is best if used constantly.

The thermostat of this heater operates on room air temperature, not on the temperature of the radiator.  When the room has reached the desired temperature, turn the thermostat until it clicks and it will automatically come on and off at that setting.

I have two of these heaters and find that they are an economical, safe heat source.  I have noticed that the price of these heaters is less than it used to be, so that is great.  The only drawback is the length of time it takes to reach operating temperature.

You get what you pay for. Affordable, but doesn't output enough

Purchased this to try and save on heating the whole house.  The construction appears to be normal, and I reccomend that you run it for 30min to an hour outside if you do purchase it.  This is because it is covered with a protectant that will stink up your house the first time you use it.  Being an oil heater it will take ~ 15min to get to it's operating temp.  After it gets warmed up you might be dissapointed.  In a 10x11' room with two windows (Older single pane aluminum type approx 3sq ft each) it fails to do a impressive job of warming up the room.  With the outside temps at 20 degrees and the room starting temp at 60 degrees with the HVAC turned off, this heater couldn't warm the room more than a few degrees.  If your right next to it you get some radient heat, but be careful sine there aren't any guards.  My friend has the DeLonghi TRD0715T and the heat output is much much better.  I would **not** recommend this heater to a friend.

I don't know about this Heater

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

We have this heater to use in my husbands home office and for some reason we keep smelling oil??? what the heck!? we thought it's gonna blow out or something so we decided to turn it off and unplug it for an hour or so and we used it again and same thing, we keep smelling oil burning? we do'nt know whats going to happen next lol we are scared if this heater will going to start a fire or something so we decided to throw it away and bought new one. never again. sorry heater. our new one from bed bath & beyond is a piece of crap too. suppose to have a thermostat and that heater never worked like it supposed to. i guess we get what we paid for lol. we paid 35 bucks for this heather and it is not working right and i guess this is going back to bed bath & beyond and go get a good one and will see.

Average Heater

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

We used this heater for 2 years. I have no major complaints. It heats up pretty quickly and keeps the room warm. We used this for one season when there was no heat in the building. Luckily, it was a mild winter, but this heater made just the right amount of difference to keep us warm. I would not want to use this product long term because of the uneven heat and drying effect it has. Also, this heater broke pretty easily when someone sat on it (admittedly a stupid thing to do.) After the wheels broke on the bottom, it was difficult to move around, so we replaced it.

Keeps you warm

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

I brought this heater because I was living with my grandmother and she didn't believe in turning on the thermostat! It was cheap, and it wasn't the cutest. I didn't want to get because I wanted one of the fancy ones lol. I used it the same day I bought it, and let just say I had a peaceful night of rest.

DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat - not safe for small kids

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

This heater is fine for a small space - like a small bathroom, or to supplement a weak heating system in a small bedroom that is at the end of the heating duct run, but it definitely is not enough on its own to heat a larger room and it gets really hot! You do not want to touch it when it gets going. It does take a while to get hot, and we always seem to have it at the highest setting to really get it to be effective at heating a bedroom.

It is not meant for a large area so don't expect it to work in a large area.

Just be careful where you put it and who can touch it.

I have had these for a while.

Not typsy and pretty compact.

Safety
Keep away from children.

• Safety:

One of the few that is still going strong!

from Lisle, IL

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

We have a love-hate relationship with space heaters, but this one's a keeper. It's on wheels, so that's nice because it's darn heavy with all that metal and oil! It's hot to the touch (hence the radiator heat), so with small kids, it's not the best investment, but I much prefer a radiated heat over blowing heat.

This does an excellent job heating my very large master bedroom, bathroom and office which are all connected. I'd say the three rooms are around 800 square feet! You can adjust the temperature and when it reaches said temperature, it shuts off until the thermostat within drops again, then it's back on. It has a red light indicator telling it's on when that happens.

It's quiet and works great. I highly recommend!

Safety
The little ones can be burnt on these!

• Safety:

Safe oil filled heater that works

from Bentleyville, PA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

This heater is very good. It is oil filled and enclosed. No heater coils out in the open to cause any problems. It works well and heats the room well. We use it in a small bathroom and it does a very good job. Since that is the coldest room in the house, it is serving it's purpose. Good purchase!

Good for small areas

from montebello, CA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

I find the Delonghi Safeheat Oil Furnace Heater is very convenient to have around. Most of the time I'm home by myself and believe that turning on the home's heating system is a waste of money. The Delonghi heater is portable by wheels, and will warm up the room I'm in well. The temperature control is easy to use, and the additional watt options is good to have. I find that the heater takes awhile to fully heat up, around 20 minutes or so, but when it does it'll heat the room up quite toasty. It's a quiet heater, except for the occasional sound of the oil bubbles within. I like that I don't have to worry about any possibilty of a fire with this machine. It will definitely get hot, but I don't see anyway where it could start a fire other than with the outlet. The heater is about 3 feet high, 1.5 feet wide, and 6 inches deep. It doesn't take up much room.

The Delonghi SafeHeat Oil Furnace Heater is great!

from Jackson, MI

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

We bought ours a few years ago while living in the U.P. It got very cold there and our furnace was running  non stop. We would use in bedrooms at night to offset the use of furnace. Worked great. We have lent these out to a few friends that has needed them and they all went out an bought them. They do take a long time to heat but work good in bedrooms or confined places.

Poor job in heating the room.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Oil-Filled Radiator Heater:

This heater is not very powerful. I purchased this to use our recreation room which is 18x18 feet and underground. In the winter time, it can easily drop down to 60 degees or even a bit colder down there. This heating unit too much too long to heat the room, and the room never really got warm. As a result, I found myself leaving it on most of the time so that the room would be bearable when I wanted to use it. This just ran up the electric bill.  Ultimately I purchased a portable ceramic heater which was much smaller but more powerful than this oil filled unit. After using the ceramic heater for a while I decided to go all the way and have an open flame gas unit installed. Now I can get the room toasty warm.

You get what you pay for. Affordable, but doesn't output enough