4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Warmed Our Home up Quickly

Brrr! This morning my husband and I woke up to a very chilly home! It is a brisk 5 degrees outside, so I know the furnace works harder during the cold winter months, but why was it only 57 degrees inside our home? We turn our thermostat down to 55 at night, and it is supposed to turn itself up to 70 degrees at 5:30 in the morning. For some reason our thermostat was set to change temperature settings at 7:30 instead of 5:30.

We quickly got dressed and I stood over the heat register trying to get warm, then I remembered our DeLonghi Space Heater that we have stored away in the closet of our spare bedroom, and I got it out and set the temperature for 80 degrees, and boy has this little heater really helped warm up our home!

The fact that this heater is only 8 1/4" square at the base allows us to store it easily in a closet, as it takes up very little real estate! This is a tower style ceramic space heater, called the SafeHeat. There are several options on this heater that make it a very versatile appliance for the home when you need to warm up a single room.

On the right side are plus and minus icons that allow you to easily set the temperature up or down. As you push the buttons you will hear a beeping sound. In the middle is a larger button that allows you to choose if the heater remains stationary or if it oscillates. Then on the left side are two more buttons. The lower one allows you to set a timer, which means you can run the heater for up to five hours, then it will automatically shut off. The upper button lets you set the force of the fan from low to high - I have it on high and it puts out a very nice stream of hot air.

There is a comfortable built in handle on the back that makes carrying it a breeze, but this is not a heavy heater so it should not be a problem for most people to move around from room to room. It also has a built in safety feature that gives me peace of mind - if the heater gets picked up or knocked over it will stop running. The bright red light in the center, (1 3/4" by 3/4") illuminates to let you know the heater is on.

I have been running my DeLonghi SafeHeat Heater for the past 20 minutes, and the temperature in our home has raised one degree already. The display screen on the center front reveals the current temperature, so this is a very nice feature that I have not seen on many space heaters.

All in all, this heater has served us well for the past few years. I use it in my craft room during the winter months and it keeps me very toasty, but in a situation like we faced this morning, it was a lifesaver! I highly recommend this heater.

This works extremely well in a bedroom or bathroom, have never used it in a large room

Easy to use, controls are fairly self explanatory

We've used this for months and it is still working great, so I'd say it is very durable

I like the tower design because it takes up less room

Safety
Safety features are added in, if it falls over it shuts itself off. The heater does not get hot to the touch so I am not concerned about getting burned

I have mixed feelings about the delonghi portable heater

I gave the Delonghi portable ceramic heater a five because that's kind of my feelings on it, sort of in the middle. I guess for the price it's not a bad deal. I don't know if it was just my heater, but I had a few issues with it and I did read a few complaints about it. A couple good things were it does make good use when I needed to heat up my downstairs bathroom that was always cold. It does have a big light that constantly stays on that I definitely wouldn't want in my bedroom at night. A few times it shut off for no reason and than gave me inaccurate readings on the thermostat. I didn't really have many problems after that and it was convenient with a remote. I don't really use it much anymore. I don't know if I would recommend it, but I guess its worth trying, it does heat up the room fast even though it wasn't a large room. On the down side, it does take a while to cool down when you want to shut it off and it sometimes seems like it takes so long to cool off the room gets cold and you'll need it back on.

I have mixed feelings about the delonghi portable heater

from Nesconset,ny

• Safety:

This is a great space heater.

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

This is a fantastic product. It is a very fast acting space heater. It can effectively heat a room in a short amount of time. The controls are very easy to use and the screen is great and very user friendly. This space heater is very sleek and good looking. It can fit into a room without being too intrusive. It is very affordable and a good value for the price. It is a ceramic space heater, which means it is a good modern space heater.

This space heater performs very well. It effectively heats up a room within minutes. It is very effective for any scenario and performs as advertised. The screen is very useful and performs very well.

This space heater is very easy to use and has a very user friendly interface.

It is made out of ceramic so it should be very durable.

This space heater is a sleek good looking product.

Safety
There are hazards if this product is used unsupervised, but is relatively safe.

DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater is great

from Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

I live in a college house where the heating and isolation isn't the best. It has been one of the coldest winters in Wisconsin and my electric bill was through the roof until I picked up this heater. It has saved me SO much more money on the electric bill, especially since I can set a timer to keep the house warm when I want.

It works great to keep the house warmer at night, while keeping the electric bill down! For the price I thought it was going to be mediocre at best, but I was completely wrong. It has exceeded my expectations, making it an affordable yet efficient heater.

It's pretty easy to use after the first few uses. Setting the timer and changing the heater settings is a breeze.

I've used it for the last two months and it has held up perfectly.

The design is really nice, making it easy to place in a room without taking up too much space. It also has a really nice safety feature where if it falls over, it will immediately shut off to prevent fires. This is really important for me since I have a dog in my household. Knowing that I don't have to worry about him knocking it over makes me for much more comfortable at night that my house won't go up in flames.

Safety
This is one of the best features, making it a purchase you won't want to skip out on. Just make sure to keep it a safe distance away from other objects in the house.

Well Worth The Price

from Peoria, IL

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

I love that this ceramic heater is quiet, compact, and safe. It works efficiently to take the chill out of any room.

Before I bought this ceramic heater, the upstairs rooms were always cold. Now when it is extremely chilly, I just switch on the heater and without minutes the room is nice and warm.

It is very easy to use. It has adjustable heat settings which you can easily control. It also carries a fan which helps to spread the warm air throughout the room. Within minutes the room air is warm and comfortable.

I find that this is a very durable product. Easy to manuever around. Constant, consistent heat.

Ultra slim design that fits in well with any decor. This heater is slick, slim, and powerful.

Safety
I have never had a problem with this product. I feel relatively safe using it. Plug it in and adjust the heat as to where you want it to be. Turn the setting on low at night if you plan on getting under the covers.

Delonghi Ceramic Tower Heater

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

This is a very good heater, the reason i gave it a 9 rather than a 10 is due to the fact that it isn't so great on fan mode, you can barely feel any breeze coming from it when it's on fan. So if you want to be able to go back and forth from fan to heat, I'd go with something else. However if heat is what you really need, this baby will hook you UP!

Wonderful on heat, not so great in fan mode. Heck fan mode might as well be non-existent. But this is a "heater" not a fan so it doesn't effect my rating that much that the fan mode isn't so great.

VERY and I do mean VERY easy to use. As a matter of fact, I have this heater by my bead and it's so easy to use that I can stick my leg out from under the covers and change the settings with my big toe!!!! LOL I know that may be too personal, but hey it's the truth! :)

This factor absolutely MUST get a ten from me. The durability of this heater is ridiculous! We've had it for 3 winters and I also use it a good bit year round because I'm so cold nature and it still works like new, even with my cat trying to use the darn thing as a scratch post and coffee being spilled ALL over it at one time, it never skipped a beat.

Yes, I know, shocker. No, it wasn't by accident that I gave this factor a four. I know I've raved about how AWESOME this heater is, and don't get me wrong, it is by far the BEST space heater/tower heater my hubby and I have ever had, hands down it does take the cake. But heaven forbid you ever have to CLEAN THE DARN THING!!!!! Back a couple weeks ago actually, we had to finally clean the heater after 3 winters of dust collecting on the heating element. You'd think, no problem, right? WRONG! When we went to take it apart to get to the internal heating element we realized in order to take it apart you need a very skinny star shaped screwdriver! There were like four or six (can't remember exactly) normal screws that you could unscrew with a typical , every day screwdriver. Then there was the idiotic 2 screws that required the star screwdriver, and of course where they were located you couldn't pry it open or take it apart without this special screwdriver! We ended up having to go to 3 part stores to find one skinny enough and long enough to reach these darn screws! I'm guessing the company designed it this way so that when it becomes dirty, instead of going to all the hassle of taking it apart and cleaning it, you'll just go out and buy a new one.

Safety
I feel very safe with this heater in my home, and not only that buy in my bedroom. If it even slightly overheats (which does NOT happen unless it needs to be cleaned of dust) it will make a beeping noise and will turn itself off until it cools down.

Great for small rooms

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

I bought one of these when my heater went out. I couldn't believe the difference it made. It also was great to use when you need more heat but don't want to turn up your heater.

You will notice the difference in temperature.

It is easy to move the heater because it has a handle you can grab at the top.

It is very sturdy from what I can tell. I just bought it this winter but it has held up well since then.

I love the upright design and the air flow through it. It makes the heat get into the room more efficiently. I also like how quiet it is. You hardly notice it. Also it has one of those timers on it. It is also made to help save on energy as well. I also like to use it for my pet hedgehog because he needs to stay warm in the winter. That is one reason I love the timer. I can turn it on before I go to work and don't have to worry about it.

Safety
I haven't had any problems with it making the floor to warm. It seems to have plenty of built in safety features as well.

All I can say is WOW!

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

The first time I saw this heater in stores, I though "how can something so small do what this is promising?" but now I clearly see how! This thing is so strong! I don't like turning on my furnace, I'm in an old house and it costs too much to run this, so we live with space heaters. I am pleased to say I have purchased one of these for every room in my house now. The DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater is probably the best space heated I've used in my entire lifetime, and I've used space heaters for about six years now. The power from this heater is amazing, it heats up my entire room in about 20 minutes, and that's with the heater being on low! I can't even imagine what it would do on high! I will definitely be recommending this to my friends and family, for one, saving money, and two, it works great for the price of it!

Heats up my room in a very short amount of time!

Has a power button, and a dial to adjust the temperature. This is the easiest space heater I've used in my entire life.

I've had about 7 of these heaters for 5 months now, and nothing is wrong with a single one of them. They are still going strong, and I'm expecting them to be going strong in a few years.

The design of this heater is simple, and sleek. Not really unique, but the simpleness from it makes it easy to use, and amazing.

Safety
This heater has a cover so I can ensure my children won't burn themselves from it. I love this and will definitely be recommending this to anyone that was in my boat.

• Safety:

Great product for this weather

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

This heater is a great investment. I give it 2 thumbs up (3 if I had it). My house normally feels how it does outside and let me say.. It is not good. I ended up purchasing this product hoping it was worth the money. And I believe you definitely get your money's worth. It warmed me up pretty fast and it is easy to use. I am more than happy with the performance and it is pretty easy to use. I haven't came across any safety hazards with this product. We actually have on in every room in my house. Money definitely well spent. So long heater bill.

Fast, but drying.

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

I purchased this heater after finding problems with another tower heater that I had only to discover it had to same problems. I was looking for a heater to warm up a medium size room since my built in house heater was broken, but this was not the one. I found that this heater was very drying to my skin. The hot air that came out of this heater made the air in the room very harsh and difficult to breathe. The design itself is very good, and it was very easy to set up and get it going, but I will not be keeping it. While this heater is very quiet, those who are sensitive to noises may still have a problem with it. When I first took it out of the box for the first use, I also noticed a very strong mechanical smell that got even stronger when we turned the heater on. This was not such a big problem for us, but I can imagine it being a problem for others. Overall, the heater is decent, but the drying problem that I experienced is a deal breaker.

Durable and worth it

Comments about DeLonghi Portable SafeHeat Ceramic Tower Heater:

This heater is very durable. I have had it for about 3 years now and it has never malfunctioned on me. I had a lasko heater before this and it would always overheat and stop running for about an hour or two. No such thing with this portable heater! I also kicked it over a couple times and not a dent or scratch. It also heats up the room faster than any other portable heater I have owned. It is a bit noisier compared to the smaller heaters but that is neglible when compared to all the advantages