Other Space Heaters:

DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The DeLonghi Safe Heat is perfect for my needs.

The DeLonghi Safe Heat Oil-Filled Radiator has no problem warming up my large bathroom, which is always cold in the winter. It is designed similar to the cast-iron radiators from older homes, and works in a similar fashion. The oil is heated, transferring that heat to metal fins, and then to the air via convection. It is not exactly quick, but given some time the heat is nice and consistent and it does the job. I prefer this type of heater over other types of heaters because, while slower, the heat seems to last longer and be more consistent. A nice feature is the castors that allow the heater to be moved easily to exactly where the heat is needed, as long as an outlet is present. Having the ability to select the amount of wattage used via toggle switches is very handy; you can choose 700, 800, or 1500 watts. Once the unit is heated to the desired level, you can then set the thermometer and the unit will cycle on and off to maintain that temperature. It is called Safe Heat because, while the fins do get hot, it is not enough to seriously injure a person or start a fire. The cord stores nicely on a reel on the front of the unit when not in use. Even though I live in Texas, showering in the winter was always uncomfortable. Thanks to this heater, I no longer dread the cold winter days.

not a hot heater

This portable heater does not heat the space indicated and only raises the temperature of the room a few degrees if. This heater works good in really small spaces that are well insulated with an adequate heat source already in place. Good for dorms or small bedrooms but not reliable for living rooms or large areas or poorly insulated homes. I would only use this heater as a last resort a small cheap heater I have worked better then this one. I borrowed this heater from a family member to provide additional heat in a large room and found it only worked well in a small room. This heater would not work well in a garage or basement. I would use this heater in a newer home. I would not think this heater would save money in any way because the electric bill was higher during use. It is a durable product and built well.

The heater seems to work correctly and does not malfunction during use. Takes some energy to use it so it is not cost effective. The heat out put is not very strong so it takes a while to heat the area. The way it is made I would think it would out last some small cheaper heaters that work like hair dryers.

Easy to move from one area to another. Operation is simple and understandable.
No complicated parts or instructions for use.

Seems like a solid quality unit not cheap materials so it should last a long period of time.

I like the design it looks like an old register heater or something. The design is simple and understandable for most people I think.

Safety
seems safe can get hot to touch I would not use around small children. I would leave it unattended and feel safe.

I'll never buy another Delonghi product again

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

The heater worked great for about 2 weeks until it somehow melted off its own dial and thermostat, so those don't function anymore.

I looked in the warranty booklet and it begged I contact the manufacturer with any issues rather than the store I bought it from, so I did. The gentleman I spoke with told me to write an email and someone would get in touch with me shortly, and they never did. I waited about a month before calling back and they claimed they never got my email. After getting that sorted, they informed me that I would have to cut the cord and mail it to them, which I would not be reimbursed for, and that after "2-3" days of processing (also the amount of time I was told someone would be in touch with me the first time) they would send me a new heater. I live in the Northeast, it's the middle of winter, I don't have a radiator in my bedroom so this is my only source of heat, which I have explained to Delonghi, but unfortunately this is their "process" and doesn't really care if their customers freeze or not.

It melted off its own components

You can't even use some of the features anymore because they melted off

It melted off its own components, so not very durable

I can't imagine it was designed very well if it's even capable of melting off its own components

Safety
no way, even their own customer service said I shouldn't be using it

Great

from Edina, MN

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

The DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater TRH0715 has been a great heater for our bedroom. We have had no trouble with it whatsoever and we have had it for over 5 years. It is great for small to medium sized bedroom or areas. Really nice for the winter months or even fall at times. It has regulated heat levels so you can put it as high or low that you want and it keeps the room at a specific level. So turns off and on when the temp needs to be raised or maintained. I would recommend this for anyone who is often cold or likes to keep certain bedrooms warmer at night. Its a great thing to have in your home.

Great, in about half an hour you feel the room warming up. I suppose that depends on the room/bedroom size though.

Easy as pie!

Great durability and performance we have had it for over 5 years.

Design is simple and easy to use.

Safety
I would be a little careful as it has oil in it.

not a hot heater

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Easy to move from one area to another. Operation is simple and understandable.
No complicated parts or instructions for use.

Great Heater for a Great Price

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I am the type of person who gets cold easily, so I need a portable heater for my room. Instead of turning up the main heater and making everyone else suffer, I use the DeLonghi Portable Heater in my room. It keeps me warm and I don't have to worry about it starting a fire. These heaters don't have that same fire risk as other heaters, which is great. The heater is heavy, so I don't have to worry about it tipping over. I also have a cat at home, so I worried about other heaters. With this one, I feel safe that she will be okay next to this heater. The unit is hot if you touch it yes, but it IS a heater. Most people...and pets...will have enough sense to not get that close to it. If you have children, you would probably have to watch your children to make sure they do not get burned. Other than that, I feel this heater is safer than most. It takes a while to heat up the room with this heater but once it gets going it sure does put out a lot of heat. It's very easy to use and worth the cost. It isn't that much more expensive than other good heaters, so I would suggest DeLonghi over the rest.

Safety
Maybe not the safest for children, but very safe otherwise.

One of my favorites!

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I absolutely love this heater! It always warms me up super fast! I love how you can really adjust the warmth and such. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it gets SUPER hot which is probably dangerous and hazardous but I have yet to run into any problems like that with it luckily. I've only burned myself half a million times on it though lol

Great room heater!

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

This unit is great for a bedroom. I use it in the spare bedroom when I have guests over and it keeps a room toasty warm.

If you need a small space warm, this unit does the trick and I have used it in larger rooms to take the chill out.

This unit can easily be described as set it and forget it. It is so easy to use that a child could operate it. Set it and wait for the warmth.

This unit is a standby. It is reliable and durable. Although I have had mine for a few years, it looks just as it did when it came out of the box and performs as well.

It certainly has an old school look of a radiator which is something that is incorporated in the rustic cabin-like feel of my home.

Safety
Does get a little warm to the touch and with my small children I do use caution. But on the good side, its center of gravity is low enough that you do not have to worry about it falling over and causing problems. Overall very safe.

• Safety:

Delonghi Portable Heater is great at meeting my needs every year

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Delonghi Portable Oil Filled Electric Radiator Heater was great for our small apartment when my husband and I first met. My Grandmother kept one of these in her bedroom and I could remember all the heat that came off of it and she always said it kept her warm. So when my husband and I decided we needed a space heater for our bedroom for extra heat in the winter time, I new I wanted this Delonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater, just like I'd seen in my Grandmothers bedroom. So we went out and purchased it and since we both love it. It warms such a large area and it doesn't take very long for it to warm either. I love using this heater. I love that it's oil filled. It is a little bit more expensive but it's well worth the price. Your getting great quality for your money and that's what I look at. Sometimes we don't even have to turn on our central heat because this heater warms the whole place. I have been so satisfied with this heater that I would certainly buy it again. This heater is so durable. We've knocked it over and it has not a scratch on it. It still works just as good.

• Safety:

Great heater to give extra heat during the cold weather season!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

My husband and I needed to find a little heater that helped heat up our bedroom because our room is farthest room away from the furnace and seems to get a lot more colder in the winter season then any other room in our house. We purchased this DeLonghi Portable Oil-filled electric radiator heater and it worked great. I love that it has different temperatures of how warm you want it to get. I do got to warn you if you have it on the highest temperature when you go to sleep you will wake up in the middle of the night and either turn it off or turn it down to the lowest temperature because you wake up sweating. If you want to have your room warm before the time you go to bed i would go turn the heater on at least 40 minutes before your go to bed because it takes a little time for the oil to heat up. This heater works great for an extra added heat to your room during the cold winter months. I don't know how it will work with a huge living area room but for a small bedroom like mine it works great. You will not be disappointed.

It's a good product.

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

It's a good product, but it helps to have a fan on low for air circulation.

They are very easy to use.

These things are built tough, but do not turn them up side down or on their sides, oil could seep out.

I would add fan forced air to the product.

Safety
They do get very warm to the touch.

I Like this Alot!

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I like this heater, mostly because you can program it to come on 10-15 minutes before you come home so that the room is fairly warm by the time you get in on cold days

Heats of rather quickly and evenly, you can actually hear the oil heating up. I have a hug dining room living room combo and it heats that room rather quickly and also can go into other rooms if the doors are open.

No problems with using. It can be easily programmed to your desired temperature and any given day of the week.

I have had the same one for the past 2 years and use regularly without any issues so far.

It fits with any design, although I have the black one, so it does not stand out as much as the white one does. I have mine in a corner, and unless u look you don't see it

Safety
It is pretty safe, although I am only giving it a 6 because the wheels do tend to glide in making the unit fall over, when you are rolling it. It has happened a couple of times, even breaking a glass table once. No big issues, just make sure to watch the wheels,