4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Keeps our rooms warm and electric co. happy!

I have used oil filled heaters for years. My DeLonghi has lasted 4 years now. I actually own 2. I use one in my RV for heat as it warms better and is completely adjustable. My husband and I are in transition right now and use one in a second 36' RV that we are living in. it heats the whole house. I can turn it up on high and get the house warm then adjust it to maintain a comfortable temperature throughout the night. the units (any model) uses 1500 watts but pulls allot of current to get warm. Getting the oil warm doesn't take very long, thirty minutes or so.

Secondly, the unit is a bit on the sizable side. it gets in the way a bit. It has a thin design and is on wheels but still gets in the way. I will take that any day as opposed to being cold! The DeLonghi is relatively inexpensive as compared to other models and it has a long life.

Lastly, I feel safe using the oil filled heaters as opposed to the heaters with coils. I am always afraid of them tipping and catching fire. I have no worries with the oil filled DeLonghi. 100% Safe in my book. I can touch them and yes, it is hot but I do not get burned. This is very important when homes have children. I reccomend the Delonghi 100% to anyone who wants a floor heater. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!  Thank you for reading! Stay snuggled this Winter!

Good, but doesn't last

I got this heater as a gift from my parents back when I lived in a very drafty apartment that I could never seem to keep warm. At first, this thing was a LIFE SAVER! It kept my little corner of the bedroom warm, and at night I would keep it in the bathroom so I wouldn't freeze myself to death first thing when I woke up in the morning. It was easy to use, didn't make a lot of noise, and wasn't a pain to move from space to space in my apartment.

Sadly, with out any warning, the thing just....stopped working after about a year of me using it. I plugged it in like usual, turned it on, and got nothing. Not even a spark or a sputter to indicate anything was wrong with it. I took it to my dad's to see if he could figure out what happened, and even he was baffled. There didn't seem to be anything physically wrong with it. So I called the company's hotline, and when I was FINALLY connected with a real human being, I explained what happened. The person on the line said that this heater is "intended for only occasional usage", and that "daily, long-term usage" could make it "wear out" much more quickly than if used "for it's intended occasional usage". So basically, what they're saying is that if you want a heater to use almost every single day (like I had BEEN doing), than this isn't the heater for you. This was a little aggravating to me, because most people who buy heaters INTEND to use them almost every single day, or for heavy or extended usage in the fall and winter!

So if you're looking for a heater to use long-term, I'd skip this one. It's nice, but only if you're in the market to only heat things once a week or less, apparently.

Takes long to heat up

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I live in Michigan where the winters last forever. I also rent an apartment where electricity is included in the bill but not heating. So I wanted to find a heater that uses electricity without using the central heating system. This was the first one that I tried and found that this take a long time to heat up the room. Once it's heated, it does keep the room warm for a long time but I just did not have the patience to wait for this to heat up. It does have a thermostat attached to it but it was not very sensitive - so basically it was lit up or not lit up. I would not recommend it for people that need fast heat unless you want to keep it running 24/7.

I've had it for 6 years and still works.

It quite heavy so difficult to carry up and down the stairs.

Safety
It might be safer than some heaters but when it's heated up the surface can get really hot and possibly dangerous for kids if they touch the surface.

• Safety:

My Delonghi heater is my best friend in the winter!

from Lake City, FL

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

It gives off alot of heat to be a small space heater. I love it has four wheels so it makes it easy to move around. I use mine for the garage since that is where I sit and smoke. It makes the whole garage nice and warm. This heater does not take long to heat the garage when in use. I got it from my mother n law for Christmas, and it has been my best present this year! It has different modes low, medium, and high for use. It is small so it fits almost anywhere.

It does not take long to heat up!

Anyone can use it, except children.

It does a great job to be little.

Mine is gray so it blends in with the design in the garage.

Safety
It is safe to use, just remember it does get hot when on.

• Safety:

This is the best portable heater.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

It's energy efficient, safe, and works well at heating small to medium sized rooms. This model includes a 24 hour programmable timer. Retractable wheels allow you to easily move or store the device. The sealed oil-filled unit with auto shut off features makes it one of the safest electric heater designs.

The clever design allows for a hot air vacuum effect which heats a room faster.

This is a good product with easy control and a clever timer feature.

• Safety:

Believe it or not it gets used in Florida

from Satellite Beach, FL

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

This little unit puts out a lot of heat. It is only used when it gets really cold and we don't want to put the whole house heat on.

Just plug it in and turn the knob to the degree of heat that you wish

Very good design and fits in small spaces. It makes storage a breeze

• Safety:

My husbands best friend in the winter!!

from Greenwood, MO

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

We have a finished basement but it stays a little cold in the winter. My husband was looking for something to heat up the space with out spending a fortune. We bought the Delonghi Electric Radiator for this specific purpose. Since my husband's office is in the basement he spends the most time in the room where this heater is. He loves it and I can feel a difference in the room when he has it one. Warms up the entire space very nicely.

does the job it is supposed to do

No trouble just put in the oil and plug in and turn it to desired heat setting!

Has held up well through a couple winters

Looks like a radiator so not what I would want in a nicely decorated area but works great in an office.

Safety
gets a little warm so I feel like I have to watch kids around it

I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE IT>>>>> IT OK>>>>>>

from Lakewood, CA

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I like the slim design, and the radiator concept or idea... this winter has been very cold...so we have had to take this out, and use it. But it only makes a slight difference. Yes it helps, but the radiation effect does not travel very far. Really only giving a 5 foot benefit, so we keep it close to the bed. I also understand that these are ENERGY hogs. Which i dont like. It takes about 15 minutes to warm up...and you can hear the oil in the device, which doesnt bother me. So OVERALL its OK...BETTER THAN NOTHING>>>>

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Jonancy, KY

Heaters work great.

Exceptional performance. They have actually saved me money on my electric bill. My electric bill has gone down quite a bit since we started using these heaters.

Simple and easy to use.

They are very durable. I have not had any problems with them.

I think it's a very nice design. Would look good in any room.

Safety
I haven't had any problems with them. You just plug it up and set it on the temp you want. I think they are a very safe heater.

• Safety:

this is a great heater it works.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I bought this heater since I have so many cold spots in the house. I love that it is on wheels and that its a oil-filled electric heater. It produces even steady heat and is safe. I don't have to worry about it tipping over. The electric bill has barely gone on so I know it is only costing a minimal amount each day. The unit is sleek and looks attractive.

Safety
self contained does not tip over.

• Safety:

Economical and easy to transport.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

It heats up pretty fast.It's easy to move around the house because of how the wheels are designed.The wheels are also retractable so that makes for easy storage.I like that it has so many settings-96.I have noticed an odor if I set it too high.It has automatic turn off.A great safety feature if I ever forget.It heats the air of my medium sized bedroom evenly.It includes a 24 hour timer to heat the room for a set amount of time.There are thermal slots so it maintains a low surface temperature.There's even an anti freeze feature where when the temperature drops below 44 degrees Fahrenheit,it automatically turns on.

Good, but doesn't last