Other Coffee Makers:

DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

My husband and I are addicted

from Medford, NY

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

My husband and I are addicted to the espresso made by this Nespresso machine. We owned the Keurig and liked it for awhile but then the coffee started hurting our stomachs once we began eating an organic diet. So we stopped using the Keurig and only used our Bunn to make coffee. However, we missed being able to make espresso in our Keurig. My mother in law introduced us to the Nespresso and it didn't hurt our stomachs at all. We immediately went out and bought this machine. We love the convenience of the frother being attached to the machine. We make espresso, cappuccinos, flavored, alcoholic, etc. The frother works amazing! It even froths rice milk! It is expensive but worth every penny. I don't even go to Starbucks anymore. And when we go out to dinner, we don't order after dinner drinks. We see no point as we can enjoy a better tasting espresso or cappuccino from our Nespresso machine.

Brew Performance
So simple to use. You just put a capsule in and push the button. It brews a delicious espresso or cappuccino in seconds.

So easy to cleanse. I wipe it down with water and use soap and water to clean the frother.

Super easy to use. You just push a few buttons.

It is sleek and stylish. I leave it out on my counters and it looks beautiful.

Very durable and Nespresso is a quality company that backs up their products.

• Brew Performance:

This machine made me obsesses with espressos

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

I am a huge coffee drinker and have been for years. I drank cappuccinos and other hot and cold coffee drinks but never really drank espressos. I think I may have had someone try to make me one and it was awful, so I guess that turned me off from them for a while. Recently for Christmas, a relative of mine gave me this as a gift. It is very beautiful and a very well crafted machine. I was a little skeptical about using it because it looked a little complicated and I wasn't exactly sure I was going to like it. I tried it out and loved it. It is extremely simple to use. It comes with capsules that you literally insert and push the button and even better when it's done being brewed it ejects the capsule for easy clean up. It also has a clean button to maintain the machine so you don't need to wash it after every latte and cappuccino. I would say if you're a coffee drinker or just like the taste of fresh cappuccinos in the comfort of your home and save money and a drive from Starbucks for a day, definitely get it.

Very good for making Espresso

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

This is a great machine for making espressos. It is very quick as it takes only about 45 seconds to make a great espresso. You just have to push the button to warm up the coffee maker and then choose the cup size for your espresso. You get 2 choices : either the small espresso size or the bigger version. Either way you get a very tasty espresso in matter of seconds. The bigger version is a bit watery, so if you like a very strong cup, i recommend using two coffee pods to ensure the strength of your coffeee

Brew Performance
The brew comes out very quickly and it is very easy to operate the machine. it is so easy that a child can make it.

It is very easy to clean this machine as there is nothing to clean, just rinse the holder with running water and dry it off. That is all there is to it.

It could not be any easier to operate this coffee maker, even the foam maker device is a very easy to operate.

It is a beautiful design and with the different choices of color, you can add a a very chic machine to your home.

We have had this machine for over a year now and it is as good as the the day we bought it. A great addition to our kitchen.

• Brew Performance:

Great tasting coffee without destroying the earth

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

I bought my Nespresso 1 year ago and couldn't be happier. This machine produces delicious coffee and the pods can be recycled (take that Keurig!). Pods can be purchased at Nespresso stores or online. They have many types of flavors and it's fun to try them all to find the kind that you like. I use the milk frother occasionally (I prefer almond or soy and these don't work best) and it froths regular milk perfectly. If I want soy or almond I just add it separately. The design is elegant and looks beautiful on my countertop. I would suggest this for someone that loves coffee and creating the perfect cup.

• Brew Performance:

Makes very good espresso and lattes from capsule based machine

from Chicago, IL

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

This new version of the Lattissima espresso machine is as good as it's predecessor, while also being more compact and stylish.

Brew Performance
Makes a good espresso shot from capsule...not as great as a real espresso machine and a traine barista, but good results in a super easy to use format.

Very convenient. The capsules go in the top, the milk frother attaches to the front, and you just press one button for a latte!

This machine is even more stylish and compact than the earlier models. All the features are easily visible and accessible. They've made improvements to how the frother attaches and how the water reservoir is accessed/refilled.

fun for self and others

from Dallas, TX

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

Super easy to use and clean and makes 16 or more great flavors of coffee.

Brew Performance
The product can be adjusted to different specifications and likings depending on the user preference.

There are some nooks and crannies that are a little difficult to get to from an initial look but they are easily discovered.

Put the capsule in and push the desired brew. Yeah I would say that this machine is pretty easy to use.

Kind of bulky because of the milk container and the water basin. Bulky because of the footprint not necessarily the actual overall size of the machine.

Brewed over 300 cups of coffee and still going strong. Not really sure about the longevity but at this point we have had no issues with the machine.

Too complicated for me

from Chicago, IL

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

I have to say, I'm not one for reading instructions, but I'm usually able to figure appliances out pretty easily. This Lattissima Espresso Machine is definitely challenging. I only used it once because I know I wouldn't be able to figure it out myself! The steamed milk feature is nice, but definitely not sensible for an office. I tried to make a strong cappuccino, and all I ended up with was something that tasted like lukewarm/cold steamed milk. No coffee flavor! I heard of others with similar complaints. I'd rather stick to a standard, easy to use Keurig or espresso machine.

We haven't had it long so I can't really speak to durability. But it is a reputable brand and seems to be made well.

• Brew Performance:

Ok for espresso, less so for fancy drinks

Comments about DeLonghi Lattissima Plus Nespresso Espresso Machine:

The idea of being able to make your own cappuccino at home is really appealing. The look of the machine is very sleek, but the appliance takes patience. I found myself reaching for the directions often, and the resulting cappuccino was too milky for my taste. Too much milk to coffee ratio. It makes espresso too - and that tastes better...but again, I found it to be not entirely intuitive.

Brew Performance
The espresso isn't hot enough and when combined with the milk for latte type drinks, the result is just warm. I like my drinks hotter than that. The espresso tastes like espresso, so no surprises there, but I frankly think it simply pumps too much milk per serving.

Every time you use the cappuccino maker, you are supposed to clean the compartment that holds the milk by pressing hot water through the nozzle through which the foamy milk pours into the coffee cup. Because of the process, it gives one a bit of a pause as to whether you want a cappuccino badly enough to have to go to the trouble. Maybe it would just be easier to order from Startbucks?

Nothing about this machine is 'easy' - but once you finally memorize the many steps you must take, I would not call it difficult. It is definitely one of those appliances where you want to keep the directions handy.

This espresso machine has the water container in the back, so it is hard to notice when you are out of water. Once I could not figure out for the life of me why the machine was not making espresso until I finally saw that it needed a water refill. Because the machine is compact, the water canister isn't what I would call large. I will say the appliance LOOKS nice - ours is red.

Hard to tell how well this would hold up over time although it seems to be constructed sturdy enough.