3.9

Dawn Simple Pleasures Apple & Pear Dishwashing Liquid & Air Freshener

3.9

Love The Soap But The Air Freshener Is Overpowering

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dawn Simple Pleasures Apple & Pear Dishwashing Liquid & Air Freshener:

I tried another variety of Dawn Simple Pleasures - the Water Lily & Jasmine scent - and wasn't overwhelmed but it was a decent product. Since I love food scented products, especially in the kitchen, when I saw the Apple & Pear scent I had to get some despite my experience with the Water Lily & jasmine scent.

I found the scent of the soap to be very pleasant but the air freshener part was just too overwhelming. The smell started to wander out of the kitchen and down the hall and induce sneezing and eye watering in other parts of the house. I ended up transferring the soap to my automatic soap dispenser and disposing of the air freshener bottle.

The soap itself is awesome! It has a fresh, clean fruity scent that just smells so delightful and makes you smile while washing the dishes. And I do a lot of dishes! It cleans through everything from baked on food to glasses and leaves everything perfectly clean with absolutely zero residue.

It also leaves my hands very soft and never overdry which is very important when you do as many dishes as I do!

Has a temporary smell but does not clean too well.

As much as I love Dawn dish soap, I must admit that I am not a hug fan of their scented soaps. I recently tried Dawn Simple Pleasures Apple & Pear Dishwashing Liquid & Air Freshener so I can see how it works, but I wasn't surprised that it did not clean my dishes well. Every scented dish soap that I tried from the Dawn line, just did not clean well for me, and this wasn't an exception. . Instead of putting a few small drops on the sponge like I usually do with the original Dawn, I need to put much more than that to get a good foam with this one. Also, this bottle would only last me for about a week.
It says that it is an air freshener, and I admit that it does have an incredible smell, but the smell doesn't last very long. During the time I am washing the dishes with Dawn Simple Pleasures, my entire kitchen smells good, but a few minutes after I am done, the smell fades away.
Another reason I won't be buying this again is because it is too expensive, and just not worth the price.

makes dishwashing fun

from Danielson, CT

this actually makes washing dishes a pleasure.  The scent is heavenly and it does a great job of getting off stuck on food.  Dawn is always tough on grease and this scent is no exception.  I put a drop in a greasy, water filled pan just to see what would happen.  the grease globules just ran away.  I know that sounds silly but that's all I could think of.  Having dishes squeaky clean is always a plus and having a wonderful scent fill the kitchen is great too.  It would be better if it had a hint of cinnamon as well but I'm very happy with it.  As usual Dawn tends to be a bit expensive but you use less and the detergent lasts so it kind of evens out.

Good item but has a strong scent

from Sunnyvale, CA

I got this product at a discount store and felt it was good enough to try it. The amount of dishwashing liquid inside was enough to last me for a good while. I haven't used one for a long time, but I remember it lasting. The dish washing liquid has the same quality as the original dawn products and works great on cleaning dishes, especially if the caked-on dishes get a good soak before hand.

I did notice that the scent from the little balls was very pungent.  If you live in a larger open spaced kitchen, this shouldn't be such a problem. I have a small kitchen the scent was very strong. However, I noticed that there are two scent vents, one or each side. I decided to only opn one side and have that facingthe kitchen while the still covered with a sticker side faced the back. I believe this kept the scnt from taking over my kitchen. It would be sad to have good smelling food be covered up with a dishwashing scent.

Although the price is more expensive, Dawn comes out with coupons to help the price a bit. I still perfer my original dawn dishwashing liquid but I wouldn't mind trying this one out again.

Dawn Simple Pleasures cuts the tough grease, smells delicious.

from Vicksburg, MS

Dawn Simple Pleasures is so awesome! The apple and pear aroma fills your kitchen with the great smell of apples and pears. Who could not love the smell of apples and pears? I often put a small amount in a cute little dish and place it in hidden places throughout the house. Everyone who comes in wants to know where my candle is. Ha! When I tell them my secret they are amazed that I use Dawn Simple Pleasures as an air freshener. I get some really fun reactions. But seriously folks. You can get Dawn Simple Pleasures wherever dishwashing liquid is sold. And it costs no more than other name brands. Dawn Simple Pleasures is Dawn, so you know it works on the toughest grease and is very gentle on hands. I use Dawn Simple Pleasures on other cleaning jobs as well. Like delicate hand washables. I have used Dawn Simple Pleasures to clean carpet. Be advised not to use but a small amount though, as it doesn't take but a little bit of Dawn Simple Pleasures to do a great job. Dawn Simple Pleasures, the wave of the future.

Nice smelling cleaning product!

from Star, NC

Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (Apple scent)

I absolutly love using dawn dishwashing liquids. I dont mind using the regular blue scent but I have fell in love with the green apple smell. I find that Dawn is one of the ones I can use thats not too rough on my hands. I enjoy doing the dishes better when I use it. Only a little bit of this liquid goes along way. :) very money saving and has a wonderful scent.

It iis very useful for other things than just dishes My dad has use it for ages for washing his vechiles and taking the oil out of his clothes as a presoaker. I also like the idea that dawn gives back to the wildlife that really needs our help when it comes to things like the oil spill.

Sometimes I will get good coupons in the sunday paper for many dawn products and sometimes it will go on sale for a good price as well. Another great P&G proudct. I will contiune to use and enjoy this wonderful proudct!

Good Idea Needs Improvement

from Kew Gardens, NY

The product has a great idea of adding an air freshener to the product that is perfect for the kitchen but at first the scent is really strong then seems to only last a couple weeks leaving the dried out beads sitting there until you are done with the liquid soap.  Would be better if the added an additional sealed package and you were able to remove the the old half way through and replace with additional pack.  Other than that not bad for the price and does come in an assortment of scents.

Strong scent - not for the faint of heart

Like many people, I love it when my home has a nice aromatic smell to it and I am constantly on the prowl for new scents.  I was excited to try **Dawn Simple Pleasures Dishwashing Liquid and Air Freshener** and decided to purchase the **Apple & Pear** scent because those are two of my favorites.

After removing the two seals on the bottom of the container, I was overwhelmed with the apple & pear scent.  I wasn't prepared for such an overpowering aroma even though it smelled pretty good at the time.  Almost immediately, my entire house smelled like apples and pears, which I wasn't so sure was a good thing.  In fact, after only one day, the scent was actually kind of nauseating and I had to put the container underneath my kitchen sink.

It's been one month since I purchased the bottle, and thankfully the scent is no longer permeating our household.  I can actually leave the container of **Dawn Simple Pleasures Apple & Pear Dishwashing Liquid and Air Freshener **on my countertop and not feel sick to my stomach.

As for the cleaning power of the dishwashing liquid, it's terrific!  It lathers well, cleans great, and the scent is just right.  **Dawn Simple Pleasures **is a concentrated product, which means that I only need to use 1/3 less of the liquid than other non-ultra dishwashing soaps.  That's a good thing since it costs more than other brands of dishwashing liquids.

As much as I like the concept of this product, I would not purchase it again.  Not only is it too overpowering for me, but the plastic container is not recyclable in my area (it has a 05 stamped on the bottom).

**Dawn Simple Pleasures Apple & Pear Dishwashing Liquid and Air Freshener** is not for the faint of heart when it comes to aromas.  I'll stick with using candles and plug-ins to scent my home because I can always blow them out or unplug them when I need a break.