4.8

Dawn Original Dish Detergent

4.8

Pros

Cons

The name Dawn on detergent is like sterling on silver!

After I wrote my review about [Ultra Dishmate Natural Almond Dishwashing Cleaner][1] yesterday, I was a bit taken aback to discover that I had never bothered to do a review about an old friend, ***Dawn Original Dish Detergent***.  Shame on me, because ***Dawn*** has been a faithful friend in my kitchen almost dating back to the bright blue product's introduction in 1973.

**Many Reincarnations**

***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is one of the signature products of Procter & Gamble and contains no phosphates.  It has even been used extensively by international organizations of dedicated rescue-workers to give gentle, lifesaving baths to poor, frightened aquatic creatures who have been the victims of marine oil spill disasters.  Many other alternate household uses have been discovered for this wonderful dishwashing detergent which has been reincarnated in other forms including:  ***Dawn Direct Foam, Dawn Plus with Power Scrubbers, Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty, Dawn Plus Bleach Alternative, Dawn Plus Baking Soda Alternative, Dawn Plus Vinegar Alternative, Dawn Plus Odor Eraser, Dawn Plus OXI, Ultra Dawn, Dawn Pure Essentials, Dawn Botanicals***, and ***Dawn Power Dissolver***.

**A Good Value**

Prices may vary from region to region and deals are available through sales and coupon promotions, but ***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is so efficient and does such a good job that it almost always is a bargain.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is still a good cleaning option that we can use with a clear conscience.  In its 37 years on this planet, this product has become a classic.  The name ***"Dawn"*** on dishwashing detergent is like "Sterling" on silver.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Earth-Friendly-Products-Ultra-Dishmate-Liquid-Dishwashing-Cleaner-Natural-Almond-review-cfac3

I'm very disappointed with Dawn Dish detergent

I have used the original Dawn dish detergent for many, many years. It was the first and only dish detergent I had ever used until about a month ago. and it should've been even before a month ago. For the last year, maybe two, I've noticed that Dawn has changed. The suds go away not even halfway into my washing dishes. I am left with just plain water, no suds whatsoever. So I decided to write the company and ask if they changed the formula. They didn't respond to my email. After about four or five weeks I got a letter in the mail from them saying that their new formula is proven to work just as well as it always did, but we might notice less suds, but not to worry, it does work just the same. I had told them I wasn't going to use it anymore after years and years of buying it. They sent me a coupon for a free any size bottle of Dawn. Nice of them yes, but I just told them I wasn't using it anymore. I did go ahead and get the giant bottle and figure I will use it for other cleaning projects but I already have switched to something else. Very disappointed in their new change!

Won't use anything else

from Baltimore Md.

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

The picture shown here is the clear Dawn but it says Original. The original blue is in darker not clear SO I will review both. The darker blue in the hourglass bottle is my favorite. Both are great for dishes but the old dark blue is great for so many other things. Both will remove grease stains from clothes equally well. The old hour glass bottle does so much more. Add just a drop or two added to vinegar and water will permanently remove so may stains from clothing and carpet especially good for pet stains. One or two drops added to a spray bottle full of water , will remove aphids from your garden along with a lot of other pests. Get too much color in your hair? If you color your hair and it's a little brighter than you want , wash with a little dawn it will dim the color just a little. Hit face book or pinterest to find a dozen different uses!

• Was this a gift?:

Simple but the best.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I have used original dawn for as long as I can remember as it is what my mom always used as well and I have found out as I have tried all of the good smelling and lotion type of dish washing soap, that well, it really does work better than any of the others, no matter what they try to claim. The bottom line is, if you want your dishes clean with a small amount of soap and you want some serious grease fighting power so that there is no nasty feeling greasy residue left on any of your dishes, well then the original dawn blue soap is the one that you should go for. The slogan always says one drop of dawn and grease is gone and this is completely true. You can do a whole tub of dishes while using so little amount of soap, so you really do not have to go out and buy it all of the time which is great for the pocket book. It is easy to rinse off all of your dishes and nothing else works like it, it is the only soap that I will ever use in my house again.

Nothing is Better than Dawn

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn is as close to perfect as you can get. It is easy to say that this is a dish liquid that I absolutely love. There are numerous varieties of Dawn, and while some work better than others, no matter which bottle you pick up you can count on it working overtime to get your dishes clean and shiny.
Dawn cuts through grease and makes it look like it was never there. You won't have a greasy or sticky residue left over when you've used Dawn on the dishes. Dawn smells great, even the original, and if you go for one of the specialty packages you're in for a real treat as far as smell goes.
The Dawn is affordably priced as well... all in all it is the perfect dish liquid! No mattere what you are using currently, make the switch and you will not be disappointed! It is worth the extra quarter compared to the 'cheap stuff'.
And, as a bonus, you will find a ton of other uses for Dawn around the house.

Dawn Original Dish Detergent Is The Best

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn Original Dish Detergent is my favorite for washing dishes. It cuts through grease better than any other dish detergent I have ever used. You can actually use less of this dish detergent because of the great job it does. Dawn Original Dish Detergent produces plenty of suds using a minimal amount of product. I have found many other uses for Dawn Original Dish Detergent than just washing dishes. I use this dish detergent to make homemade laundry detergent and it does an amazing job at getting the clothes clean. It is also great for cleaning other things, such as, car tires and outdoor lawn furniture. One more great use for Dawn Original Dish Detergent is a flea killer for our pets. Last year our dog got fleas and we started out using expensive flea shampoo. Then I started using Dawn Original Dish Detergent to bathe our dog and it did an amazing job at killing the fleas and is much cheaper than the flea shampoo. Speaking of cost, the reasonable price of Dawn Original Dish Detergent is another reason why I love it so much.

A classic by right

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn Original Dish Detergent is a classic because it has earned that right. The performance and value can not be matched. This detergent cuts through grease better than any other brand I have tried, making my work easier. The suds are thick and long lasting without being hard to rinse away. The smell is pleasant without being over powering and it is gentle on my hands. This formula is so gentle it is used to wash wild animals after oil spills and is recommended as a flea wash for pets too young for traditional flea shampoos. The uses for this detergent do not end in the kitchen or tub, it is useful all over the property. I use it to wash my horse trailer, to scrub down water buckets and feed tubs, to clean up my nylon horse tack, and to wash up around the house. I never have to worry about it ruining any surfaces of fabrics and it works as well as some of the specialized cleaners available. While the brand is evolving and creating great specialized products, this will always be one of my go to detergents.

Great Dish Soap

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I love the Original Dawn Dish Detergent. Its great for doing basic dishes by hand in the sink. I think it convinced me that its perfect when I dropped a drop in a wet, dirty lasagne pan, and I could visibly see the grease moving away form where the soap was spreading. Its is quite amazing. It helps if you have a good scrub brush or so, but a few drops can deter grease in a wet pan like no other brands I have ever seen. I don't use it daily, because I use my dishwasher frequently, but I use it mainly on my large pots and pans and quick clean up. I also love this soap because it gets greasy hands clean. If I am outside and get dirty grime, I use dawn as my clean up. I've used it on dirty paintbrushes, oily hands, dirty grimey screwdrivers. I have used it while cleaning an old car as well (but wouldn't recommend it) but it will get grease out of your tires as well. Overall, its my favorite dish soap for its grease fighting capabilities. A little goes a long way.

Cleans so well!

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

This detergent must be magic, because I bought a tiny bottle of it at my local 7-11 about a month ago and I'm not even halfway through the bottle yet. I find that when using this soap, as opposed to others, I am using a lot less product to get the dishes clean than I would be using other dish detergents that are either way more watery or not as concentrated. On the other hand, it's gentle enough that it can be used on hands without drying them out excessively. I don't have dry or sensitive skin but I think it would be gentle enough to use for those people who are concerned about that. In addition to being gentle and soft, you don't have to worry that it doesn't have enough power to wash a full sink of dishes. It cuts through the grease easily, leaving you able to spend less time washing your dishes as you won't have to scrub as hard. I've also found that if I leave my dishes to soak in this detergent for a bit before washing, cleaning off the residue is soooo easy. It's a really great value for the money so I definitely recommend it over some other brands.

Good for more than just dishes.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Typically, I try to use natural or environmentally friendly products as much as possible. Sometimes, however, I am faced with a cleanup job that only Dawn Original Dish Detergent will take care of. I will admit that it is a rare occasion that I have any dishes dirty enough that I actually need to use Dawn to get them clean. I do keep a bottle in the house though for other cleanup jobs.

A few squirts of Dawn mixed with about a cup each of water and plain white vinegar in a spray bottle is great for cleaning up the bathroom sink and tub. Just mix it up, spray it on, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or plastic scouring pad to scrub down all the surfaces. Rinse, and you will see that all the soap scum is gone from the tub and tile surfaces, and all the water spots and hard water haze are cleared from the chrome fixtures.

Another use for Dawn is in your laundry. Never add it in place of laundry detergent as this could harm your machine, but a few drops on a grease stain as a pretreatment will help ensure that the spot is gone when the wash is done.

Basically, any time you have a buildup of dirt and grease that nothing else seems to be able to clean, try Dawn and it will probably get the job done,

Amazing Results

from IN

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I have been using Dawn original dish detergent for as long as I can remember. When I was growing up and first learning to wash dishes, about 30 years ago, we always used Dawn. When I started running my own household I continued that practice, and now my own children are learning to wash dishes using Dawn detergent. Dawn offers the best cleaning power for the price. I trust Dawn to clean anything! From delicate china cups to the greasiest stuck on messes..like a day old lasagna pan! The Dawn attacks grease, after you squirt Dawn onto the mess and apply hot water, you can literally see the grease and stuck on grime dissolving. I use a mesh "scrubbie" with my Dawn, and have never had a problem removing even the toughest dried on and greasy dishes. The water stays clean for the entire sink full of dishes, the power of the detergent means you will use less. Dawn is a powerhouse cleaner that has proved to be strong for generations of users!

perfect for bathing your pets!

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I recently discovered that my dog was pregnant. Later came the pups, and I didn't know if dog shampoo was good for them. I did my research and I discovered that dawn is great for puppies because it has no chemicals and it also kills and prevents fleas from leaving eggs. It worked great, now I have 6 healthy and flea less puppies.