4.8
Dawn
Dawn Original Dish Detergent

Dawn Original Dish Detergent

4.8

Pros

• Good power output (3)

• Cleaning (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Meticulous cleaner (3)

The name Dawn on detergent is like sterling on silver!

After I wrote my review about [Ultra Dishmate Natural Almond Dishwashing Cleaner][1] yesterday, I was a bit taken aback to discover that I had never bothered to do a review about an old friend, ***Dawn Original Dish Detergent***.  Shame on me, because ***Dawn*** has been a faithful friend in my kitchen almost dating back to the bright blue product's introduction in 1973.

**Many Reincarnations**

***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is one of the signature products of Procter & Gamble and contains no phosphates.  It has even been used extensively by international organizations of dedicated rescue-workers to give gentle, lifesaving baths to poor, frightened aquatic creatures who have been the victims of marine oil spill disasters.  Many other alternate household uses have been discovered for this wonderful dishwashing detergent which has been reincarnated in other forms including:  ***Dawn Direct Foam, Dawn Plus with Power Scrubbers, Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty, Dawn Plus Bleach Alternative, Dawn Plus Baking Soda Alternative, Dawn Plus Vinegar Alternative, Dawn Plus Odor Eraser, Dawn Plus OXI, Ultra Dawn, Dawn Pure Essentials, Dawn Botanicals***, and ***Dawn Power Dissolver***.

**A Good Value**

Prices may vary from region to region and deals are available through sales and coupon promotions, but ***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is so efficient and does such a good job that it almost always is a bargain.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

***Dawn Original Dishwashing Detergent*** is still a good cleaning option that we can use with a clear conscience.  In its 37 years on this planet, this product has become a classic.  The name ***"Dawn"*** on dishwashing detergent is like "Sterling" on silver.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Earth-Friendly-Products-Ultra-Dishmate-Liquid-Dishwashing-Cleaner-Natural-Almond-review-cfac3

I'm very disappointed with Dawn Dish detergent

I have used the original Dawn dish detergent for many, many years. It was the first and only dish detergent I had ever used until about a month ago. and it should've been even before a month ago. For the last year, maybe two, I've noticed that Dawn has changed. The suds go away not even halfway into my washing dishes. I am left with just plain water, no suds whatsoever. So I decided to write the company and ask if they changed the formula. They didn't respond to my email. After about four or five weeks I got a letter in the mail from them saying that their new formula is proven to work just as well as it always did, but we might notice less suds, but not to worry, it does work just the same. I had told them I wasn't going to use it anymore after years and years of buying it. They sent me a coupon for a free any size bottle of Dawn. Nice of them yes, but I just told them I wasn't using it anymore. I did go ahead and get the giant bottle and figure I will use it for other cleaning projects but I already have switched to something else. Very disappointed in their new change!

Love this soap.

from Cabazon, ca

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Powerful

Love this soap.

Love this I am buying it after using the sample

from 24 Humboldt Avenue Burlington

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Heavy

• Home

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

No other product can beat it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy this again

from Roseville mi.

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient
    • Powerful

• Auto
      • Home

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I use this to wash dishes and I use use this to wash cars and my driveway I love dawn allways gets the job done

All other brands are a waste of time and money!

from Suffolk, VA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient
      • Powerful

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

My favorite brand of dish soap. It can be used for ANYTHING. Not only does it clean dishes to my standards, but it cleans my dog to my standards too! Powerful cleaner yet gentle on animals. Its a MUST HAVE in my home. Forget all the other brands!

Removes grease so effortlessly

from Alabama

Pros

• convienent
        • powerful
        • unique

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn takes grease out of your way...even on the toughest, nastiest, god awful grills. We use this in a spray bottle mixed with viniger and it cuts right through the caked on mess. This is the only thing that indeed comfortable using on our grill. I will not use oven cleaner as I do like like having all of the chemicals near/in my food.

• Was this a gift?:

Won't use anything else

from Baltimore Md.

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

The picture shown here is the clear Dawn but it says Original. The original blue is in darker not clear SO I will review both. The darker blue in the hourglass bottle is my favorite. Both are great for dishes but the old dark blue is great for so many other things. Both will remove grease stains from clothes equally well. The old hour glass bottle does so much more. Add just a drop or two added to vinegar and water will permanently remove so may stains from clothing and carpet especially good for pet stains. One or two drops added to a spray bottle full of water , will remove aphids from your garden along with a lot of other pests. Get too much color in your hair? If you color your hair and it's a little brighter than you want , wash with a little dawn it will dim the color just a little. Hit face book or pinterest to find a dozen different uses!

• Was this a gift?:

Simple but the best.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

I have used original dawn for as long as I can remember as it is what my mom always used as well and I have found out as I have tried all of the good smelling and lotion type of dish washing soap, that well, it really does work better than any of the others, no matter what they try to claim. The bottom line is, if you want your dishes clean with a small amount of soap and you want some serious grease fighting power so that there is no nasty feeling greasy residue left on any of your dishes, well then the original dawn blue soap is the one that you should go for. The slogan always says one drop of dawn and grease is gone and this is completely true. You can do a whole tub of dishes while using so little amount of soap, so you really do not have to go out and buy it all of the time which is great for the pocket book. It is easy to rinse off all of your dishes and nothing else works like it, it is the only soap that I will ever use in my house again.

Nothing is Better than Dawn

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn is as close to perfect as you can get. It is easy to say that this is a dish liquid that I absolutely love. There are numerous varieties of Dawn, and while some work better than others, no matter which bottle you pick up you can count on it working overtime to get your dishes clean and shiny.
            Dawn cuts through grease and makes it look like it was never there. You won't have a greasy or sticky residue left over when you've used Dawn on the dishes. Dawn smells great, even the original, and if you go for one of the specialty packages you're in for a real treat as far as smell goes.
            The Dawn is affordably priced as well... all in all it is the perfect dish liquid! No mattere what you are using currently, make the switch and you will not be disappointed! It is worth the extra quarter compared to the 'cheap stuff'.
            And, as a bonus, you will find a ton of other uses for Dawn around the house.

Dawn Original Dish Detergent Is The Best

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn Original Dish Detergent is my favorite for washing dishes. It cuts through grease better than any other dish detergent I have ever used. You can actually use less of this dish detergent because of the great job it does. Dawn Original Dish Detergent produces plenty of suds using a minimal amount of product. I have found many other uses for Dawn Original Dish Detergent than just washing dishes. I use this dish detergent to make homemade laundry detergent and it does an amazing job at getting the clothes clean. It is also great for cleaning other things, such as, car tires and outdoor lawn furniture. One more great use for Dawn Original Dish Detergent is a flea killer for our pets. Last year our dog got fleas and we started out using expensive flea shampoo. Then I started using Dawn Original Dish Detergent to bathe our dog and it did an amazing job at killing the fleas and is much cheaper than the flea shampoo. Speaking of cost, the reasonable price of Dawn Original Dish Detergent is another reason why I love it so much.

A classic by right

Comments about Dawn Original Dish Detergent:

Dawn Original Dish Detergent is a classic because it has earned that right. The performance and value can not be matched. This detergent cuts through grease better than any other brand I have tried, making my work easier. The suds are thick and long lasting without being hard to rinse away. The smell is pleasant without being over powering and it is gentle on my hands. This formula is so gentle it is used to wash wild animals after oil spills and is recommended as a flea wash for pets too young for traditional flea shampoos. The uses for this detergent do not end in the kitchen or tub, it is useful all over the property. I use it to wash my horse trailer, to scrub down water buckets and feed tubs, to clean up my nylon horse tack, and to wash up around the house. I never have to worry about it ruining any surfaces of fabrics and it works as well as some of the specialized cleaners available. While the brand is evolving and creating great specialized products, this will always be one of my go to detergents.