Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Dawn

Pros

Cons

Dawn Hand Renewal: Good Cleaning Ability and Scent

Are dishwashing liquids all the same? Most are effective at cleaning dishes, but others offer extra ingredients or extra abilities that supposedly set them apart from the competition. One such product is **Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash**, a dishwashing liquid and hand softener. **Dishwashing Detergent Commentary:**Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash is one of several dishwashing liquid varieties sold under the Dawn label and one of four varieties sold under the Hand Renewal series. This product is orange/pink in color with a scent that is very much like air freshener, combining soap with citrus. It is unique among dishwashing liquids in that it includes special Olay hand- softening ingredients that, according to the manufacturer, will make your hands softer after five uses. The texture of this dishwashing liquid is somewhat like thin lotion, and a little bit sticky; which, again, sets it apart from most others.  Washing dishes is one of the few household chores I don't mind doing, probably because it is one of only a few chores that doesn't involve perspiration. Thus, I don't really give dishwashing much thought. And I'm not that particular about the dishwashing liquid I decide to use. However, I like to try new things so it was only a matter of time until I sampled Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash. The addition of Olay was something unique, and since I have always trusted the Dawn name, I figured it was worth a try. I'm not terribly concerned about having soft hands, but the manufacturer's claim that Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash softens hands does seem to be true. The product even feels like lotion and it does leave skin feeling a little softer. The smell is nice, too. But what matters most is the dishwashing liquid's cleaning ability and Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash does a fine job with its ability to attack grease and leave dishes squeaky clean. Cutting grease is a quality that ranks as one of the few things I demand in a dishwashing liquid. This product isn't abrasive, so it isn't the best at scrubbing tough pots and pans, but it does a very good job with ordinary, general cleanup of plates, glassware, and flatware. Is there anything wrong with Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash? I can think of one thing: The tendency to stick to dishes. This dishwashing liquid takes a little more effort to rinse clean, due mainly to its clingy texture. It takes extra effort- and often hotter than usual water- to rinse this product off dishes. Failure to rinse thoroughly could result in the taste of soapy pomegranate getting added to your favorite foods and drinks. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Pomegranate and Splash is a good product with a nice scent and good cleaning ability. As long as you rinse well, you should not have any problem with this product. It cleans dishes well, cutting grease and offering a fresh scent. These qualities, combined with the Dawn name, make this a product worth trying.

This didn't Renew anything for me

I'm not a dish soap snob and use whatever is on sale.  However, I do know that not all dish soaps are the same and that there is a minimum standard that I must adhere to.  I've always had good results using **Dawn** products, so they are one of the main brands that I like to use often.

I thought that it was great when **Dawn** came out with the **Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing** **Liquid** and snapped one up (when I had a coupon, of course).  I purchased the Pomegranate Splash Scent, which smells great inside of the bottle but not so much when it's used.  I can live with that since I don't expect my dishes to smell fruity when I eat off of them.  I am just disappointed that the scent doesn't linger very long when I wash my dishes.

I've been using **Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid** for a few weeks now and haven't noticed anything different with my hands.  They are not softer and don't look or feel different.  The front of the bottle claims that using this product "improves the look and feel of hands in 5 uses" but I've used it more than five times with no change.  Does that make me not like this product?  No, but it does make me realize that I don't NEED this product and that it's not worth the bigger price tag.

The liquid seems to be more runny than other dishwashing liquids that I've used, which makes me feel like I should use more to get my dishes clean.  Even if I didn't want to use more liquid, it comes out of the bottle faster than other products.

**Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid** didn't change the look or feel of my hands, but what matters most is that my dishes are clean and that is what this product does.  Unless I see it on sale for a really great price, I won't purchase this product again.  Because other people have had success with this dishwashing product, I recommend that you try it for yourself and you be the judge.

love it, very versatile

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

This is my absolute favorite dish soap for a lot of reasons. First when it comes to washing the dishes this soap easily takes off everything even tomato sauce and dried cheese which most other dish soaps dont do. It is also the only dish soap ive ever used that takes vegetable and olive oil off of my hands without leaving them greasy. Ive always had dry hands until I started buying the this soap with the olay in it. My favorite thing about this soap is what it does for my boyfriends hands. Hes a mechanic and comes home daily covered in grease and oil and smells horrible. He uses this soap in the shower now because its the only thing that cleans his skin from the grease and oil and the only one that gets rid of the smell. It is very well priced and the bottle lasts a long time for me. Its also easy to find and is in my local grocery store. It has been a money saver for me too because we use it for cleaning and bathing.

Fine dish washing liquid but doesn't do as claimed.

from Kansas

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn is my favorite brand of dish soap. It always works well and isn't expensive. One thing I hate about doing dishes [Well besides the whole actually having to do dishes part...] is how dry my hands feel afterward. Even when I put lotion on them after washing dishes they still feel dry all day. I got Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid because I thought it would make my hands feel much better. Sadly, it made no difference in my hands.

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid smells good, different than usual dish washing liquid. I figured it was the Olay part that made it smell different than normal so that made me hopeful. It washed just as good as other types of Dawn. However, I did not notice a difference in my hands afterward, they still felt dry and tight. The commercials said after 5 times using the product your hands would feel softer. So I waited to make my judgement after more than 5 times using it. It made no difference. I finished using the entire bottle and it never made a difference in my skin.

I do not recommend this product if you are simply buying it for the purpose of it helping your hands feel softer. It's still a good dish washing liquid, but it doesn't do what is advertised. Buy it simply because it cuts through grease well, not because it will help your hands.

Super clean dishes with soft hands!

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

I have used Dawn Hand Renewal with olay Beauty Dishwashing liquid in the past and recently bought it again since it was on sale. Who wouldn't like the combination of Dawn and Olay? I have been a big fan of both the brands for years, but usually I end up buying any dish soap which is on sale. However, Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Dishwashing liquid has been my most favorite so far, since it does twice the job, cleaning the dishes and taking good care of your hands.
I mostly hand wash the dishes and have always loved the concept it comes with. I have used this dish soap back in the days when I did not use to wear gloves while doing dishes. Since, this soap runs a little pricey (unless on sale), I bought a pair of gloves in order to use any dish soap available at a cheaper price. Lucky me, scored a bunch of these on sale at a nearby store, so no more gloves and only soft hands! When it comes to cleaning the dishes, this soap works well in that area too. I have never had a problem in taking off the toughest, dried food stains off the dishes. I have used this soap in the three scents that are Pomegranate splash, tropical shea butter and Aloe Vera and honestly, it is difficult to choose the best one among these. I will recommend this product to everyone, especially those who hand wash the dishes like me!

Washing dishes and keeping hands clean and soft

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

I suffer from dry hands, and my cuticles are always dry and brittle. I have found that using Dawn Hand Renewal has really helped with dry, cracking skin on my hands. I love Dawn products, and adding Olay is an added bonus. I am a mother of two young girls and spend lots of time washing dishes and keeping my kitchen counters wiped down. My hands were a mess until I started using this product. I saw a difference almost immediately. I do not have to use as much lotion as I had before, and my hands feel so soft after washing dishes.
This product does cost a bit more than normal dish washing liquid, but I can normally find a coupon in my local paper to help offset the cost. It is well worth the extra money for this product and I have not purchased anything else since I started using this product. It truly helps your hands stay soft and washing dishes can even be enjoyable. The scent fills my kitchen. Love this product!!

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay beauty Dishwashing Liquid

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay beauty Dish washing Liquid is not only great on your dishes but gentle on your hands. It can cut through dirty, greasy, grimy dishes like no other and at the same time be super gentle on your hands. I have horrible eczema and washing dishes is a nightmare for me. With two little kids I hand wash dishes at least five times a day and usually it leaves my hands extremely dry, red, and itchy. Dawn hand renewal with olay dish washing liquid is by far the best dish washing soap I have found to prevent my hands from becoming irritated. Dawn hand renewal dish soap also does wonders for your dishes. I bake a lot of casseroles and stuff that tends to stick. A quick soak with Dawn hand renewal and hot water and my pots, pans, and casserole dishes are clean as can be. This stuff also smells really good, the scent is pleasing while your washing dishes and it seems to stay on your hands for a bit.

Tough, but gentle

from IN

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dish washing Liquid is an amazing product. This detergent is extremely tough on greasy messes and dried on foods. Dawn has been a kitchen powerhouse for as many years as I can remember. Dawn is the most powerful detergent, and adding Olay beauty was a genius idea! My family has been using Dawn for hand washing for generations, my father worked on cars, and rather than purchasing expensive grease removing had scrubs, he always used Dawn with amazing results. This was a practice I have used to remove any stubborn dirty, greases messes from my hands also. I know washing dishes can be tough on hands, the hot water can dry your hands, and adding Olay balances out that damage the water can produce. The Olay does not detract from the power of the cleaning power Dawn has always given. I love the clean, fresh scent the Dawn with Olay gives, and the way my hands feel after using Dawn with Olay!

It Really Works!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

When I first saw the ads for Dawn's Hand Renewal with Olay Dishwashing Liquid I thought "Yeah, right.". I am so glad that I decided to give this a try despite my first thoughts.

Dawn makes a consistently quality product and it really does power through all sorts of dirty, greasy dishes. No matter what you have on your dishes Dawn really can get it off. This Hand Renewal soap was no different. It cleans just as well as Dawn's other soaps and moisturizes your hands in the process.

I have very dry hands. Very dry. As in during the winter they actually crack and bleed. This, of course, makes washing dishes extra horrible since the soap normally dries my hands even further and just keeps the cycle in motion. Thankfully the Olay in this soap really does moisturize your hands while you're using it. Does it moisturize as well as a cream? No. But I wouldn't expect it to. Instead it moisturizes just enough so that the soap does not dry your hands and you're left with clean dishes and soft, smooth hands. I no longer have that tight feeling to my hands after I wash dishes.

This is the ideal soap for those of us who hand wash lots of dishes and want to take the best care of our hands that we can.

Both clean and gentle

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

My hands take tons of abuse. Harsh weather exposure and dry air in the winter along with constant washing and chemical exposure in the summer. Thankfully, thanks to Dawn Hand Renewal Dishwashing Liquid, washing dishes doesn't have to torture my hands. This dishwashing liquid delivers all the cleaning power of the original Dawn formula, but leaves my hands feeling moisturized and soft. It has powerful and long lasting suds, cuts through grease, and rinses clean. Along with the pretty color, it smells great as well. Some of Dawn's more powerful premium dishwashing liquids do a slightly better job, but to me it is not worth the trade off. I love how great my hands feel after using Dawn Hand Renewal, and I am not going back. I even use it in a pump for hand washing. Our local animal shelter uses it as a flea wash for incoming animals because it is so gentle on the skin, but still kills the fleas just as well as the original Dawn formula.

Dawn Hand Renewal

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

My husband gave me the Dawn Hand Renewal because I was always complaining that washing dishes was ruining my hands. A dishwasher would have been a better idea, but he bought me this instead. At first, I didn't like the scent too much. It wasn't a bad smell, but it smelled more like a lotion than a dish soap. I used it anyway, and my dishes seemed just as clean as they had always been. I didn't notice my hands feeling any softer, but I assumed that would take time. The next morning, I noticed my juice had a funny taste to it, and I didn't understand why. Later that day, my husband complained that his tea tasted strange. I took out the glasses I had washed with the Dawn Hand Renewal, and I could still smell the soap on them. I smelled my plates and forks, and they still had the smell too. I rinsed my dishes really well the night before, so I know that wasn't the issue. I don't think dish liquids are meant to have beauty products in them.

Comments about Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing Liquid:

I love Dawn and have used many different varieties. I like the Dawn hand renewal. It smells good and has a clean fresh scent. I do lots of dishes by hand and always have my hands in dish water it seems. My hands get very dry in the winter and between the hand washing and the dish washing sometimes my hands get seriously dry. I apply hand lotion after hand washing and washing dishes but since I've been using the Dawn hand renewal dish liquid I have noticed a big difference in the dryness of my hands. They are softer and not as dry, even without applying hand lotion after dishwashing.

Dawn has always done a good job cleaning the dishes and the hand renewal does a good job of keeping my hands from getting so dried out. I like the scent and the color is very calming actually. I often get coupons for Dawn and when combined with a sale it makes for a very good value. Its like getting dish liquid and hand lotion in one for one great price.