Other Kitchen Cleaners:

Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap

Pros

Cons

Dawn Direct Dishwashing Foam Soap- The best

Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Soap is amazing. I keep a bottle by my sink. I love the blue bottle. I discovered it by accident and have used it ever since. It foams up so good and stays foamy and thick. I put the foam on a sponge and scrub the dishes and it last the whole time I wash the sink full. My daughter loves it because she does not like to put her hands down in the sudsy water. HA HA HA SO this solves her problems. I use in in conjunction with other Dawn soap to clean the dishes and that also makes it last. It always works on gross greasy and dirty grimy pans and dishes.

It is refillable which is great so that the bottle does not have to be purchased again. It last a long time. I purchase a refill jug to save on money. I have found coupons for it in the paper and received thru the mail.

It comes in a convient pump bottle which is really nice and handy. That way it can just stand beside the sink for when you need to use it.

It comes in different scents. I highly recommend this product.

Dawn Direct Foam Is A Direct Fail

Me, Queen of Store Brands, generally makes an exception for Dawn products as they've proven to be worth the premium price: the regular dishwashing liquid cleans well and cuts grease, the laundry booster erases stains, and the automatic dishwashing detergent leaves glassware, dishes and flatware squeaky clean and shiny.  As we were used to doing all our dishes by hand (before those Cascade 2:1 pacs opened my eyes), I thought this new Dawn type would be perfect for us: an easy pump size that eliminated having to pick up the squeeze bottle to get more soap.  The fact that it was supposed to be "direct foam" was supposed to be even better, why I'd hardly need to rub the sponge across the mess for everything to be sparkly and shiny!  Not. Not by a long shot!  Sure, the Dawn pump dispenses direct foam, but it's virtually useless foam without any cleaning power whatsoever. It's more closely related to children's bubble bath.  I was truly disappointed to finally discover one Dawn product that I won't ever waste my money on again.

Perfect To Wash A Few Items Or Items That Don't Fit In The Sink

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

If I have lots of dishes to wash, regular dish soap is fine, but since I do have a dishwasher, most of the time I am washing just a few items and the foam dish soap is perfect. You simply press down on the pump and it will dispense dish washing soap already foamed up. (There is no need to add water to make it foam up.) I can dispense the suds right on my the items to wash. This way, I can wash items without filling up my sink with water (and that saves water) and I also don't waste dish soap. The soap dispensed is all foam, so it is easy to use to wash dishes, pots and pans.

If you can't find the refill bottle, I've found that I can refill the dispenser with any dishwashing liquid as long as I fill it with about 75% water and 25% soap.

This approach works really well of those items that cant go into a dishwasher. For example, I can do a good job of carefully cleaning my expensive knives by dispensing the soap right on the knife blade and using a scrubber to clean it. (I don't want to put these knives in the dishwasher or in a sink full of other dishes.)

I have some items I need to wash that don't fit well into the sink such as my pizza pan. This pan is too big to fit into the sink, but I can dispense the soap onto the pan over the sink and clean it that way.

Pretty good product.

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

I've always been a big fan of dawn dish soap. The foam pump is pretty neat and comes in handy. It is better for when you don't have a ton of dishes to wash, and don't want to run a bunch of water. You can use the foam a little more sparingly than the regular liquid. It's also nice when you have a quick mess to wipe up. You can put just a little foam on a wet rag and wipe it up, instead of having to use the regular liquid and run it under water to get it to suds up. The pump bottle is less of an eye sore as well. It looks a little nicer on the sink than a big bulky plane dish soap bottle does. The only downfall to it is it doesn't come in large enough bottles. It lasts for a decent amount of time, but if they offered bigger bottles of it it would be much better. It does still have the grease fighting power that regular dawn does too, so it's not just one that's convenient or better looking. It is still able to fight all those caked on messes.

Does not clean very well.

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap is very easy to use. It is very convenient to have next to the sink where dishes are being washed. It makes putting dish soap on the sponge easier because you don't have to keep picking up the bottle every time you want to reapply.
Although it may seem like a perfect bottle to have by your sink while doing dishes, Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap does not clean as good as normal dish soap in the regular bottles. It has a lot less soap cleaning power than regular Dawn dish soap. I would need to fill up the sponge with soap in order to get enough to clean the dishes. I wasted one bottle in only a few days. A small bottle of the regular Dawn dish soap would last me about two weeks or even more. I did not like Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap and will not be purchasing it again, even if it goes on sale. I prefer to use regular Dawn dish soap that comes in the regular bottle.

Super Sudsy Dish Detergent

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

This is the most amazing dish detergent I have ever used. It seems to last forever, as just the smallest drops produce an abundance of suds that are long lasting. It cleans very well; your washed dishes will actually squeek when you rinse them. This concentrated formula is very economical to begin with; and, using only a few drops per dishwashing load, increases your savings.

This product works great, makes doing dishes easy.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

We use Dawn dishwashing foam, since my mom used Dawn and we always used it growing up, i believed we should use it now. We have tried many different soaps for dishes and always go back to Dawn.

Try some today and you will love it

took more than it said it would to wash dishes.

from Valliant, OK

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

it smelled really good and cleaned a few dishes ok but i felt it was a waste of money because it didnt last very long and it took more than what the ads made it out to seem. its an expensive product that i expected to last for a full sink of dishes but it filtered out before i was half thru no matter if i put it on the sponge or straight in the water. it makes a good hand soap but so does the generic foamy stuff you can buy for a 3rd of the price.

Won't use my dishwasher anymore!

from Bryan, TX

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

I have tried every kind of dishwasher soap. Tried soaking my dishes overnight and THEN using the diswasher. Sometimes my dishes looked ok, but more often than not there were problems: food stuck on, dingy glasses, spots on silverware. I soak my dishes in Dawn for about an hour, rinse in hot water - and everything sparkles! It takes minimal elbow grease and it takes minutes as opposed to three hours in the dishwasher. I started doing this because I live in southern Texas and the dishwasher makes my kitchen so hot, but I'm saticking with it because my dishes are cleaner!

Direct foam dishwashing foam great for pans

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

I have always been a fan of Dawn dishwashing liquid even though I have tried many other brands.  When I saw the Dawn Direct Foam Soap I decided to try it just for something different.  The scent of the dishwashing foam is quite pleasant and not overwhelming.  My first test of the foam was a burnt on casserole dish from scalloped potatoes.  I always dread washing these dishes but I was hoping the dawn direct foam would make quick work of it.  I squirted some of the foam on a rag and wiped it on the inside of the dish and let it sit.  It did seem to do its job a little bit better than just regular dishwashing liquid does.  I do love the pump though for extra suds.  I can not seem to wash dishes fast enough before all the suds are gone in my sink so I really like this so I can just pump some dishwashing foam onto the wash rag and have my suds again.  I won't be using the foam for all my dishes but I do like the product.

Dawn gets it done!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

I have always used this particular brand so I must find it the best. I adore the thickness of the soap itself, love the dispenser as it turns liquid to foam and then really love the richness of the lather as it forms in my sink. THe scent isn't all that appealing but that doesn't really matter to me when I am attempting to wash grease and grime from baked on pans but the cleaning response of the detergents is what is best. I love how well this product breaks up the grease. I add some warm water and allow it to soak on baked dishes and come back in 20-30 minutes to find it easy to remove and grease free. This product truly makes my cleaning mission so much easier to accomplish and, since I hate handwashing, I get it done faster and with less effort.

Bottom line, I HIGHLY recommend Dawn for your dishwashing needs. It lathers well, degreases with ease and lasts for a long while in the sink.

Sandy

Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap is different!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap:

Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam Soap is a different way of washing dishes. Instead of having to create the foam yourselves, Dawn creates the foam for you. In a way, it makes it easier to wash the dishes because you cut one extra step, but in another way, it does not feel like it has enough substance. With regular dishwashing soap, you see the exact amount of soap you put on your sponge. You notice how concentrated the soap is because of the way it comes out of the bottle. However, Dawn's Direct Foam gives you foaminess, but does not tell you how much of that substance is actually concentrated, or if it is even concentrated at all. I like to see my soap with substance because then I will know that it will wash my dishes well.