Other Misc. Styling Products:
Darcy's Botanicals
Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly

Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly

Great curling gel for humid weather!

from Irvington, NJ

Comments about Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly:

One of the main things I gave up this time around when going natural was gel. I found I could get better results and less dry hair with cream stylers vs. gels early on in this journey but that was last summer when I was rocking a twa. I decided to give gel another try but this time I'm trying natural gels. I decided to start with Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly.

The first time I used it I didn't like. My hair was hard and sticky. I thought maybe I was too heavy handed. This jelly has a different weight and texture from big name gel. It's more watery.

The second time around I used it a bit more sparingly. I used Kinky Curly Knot Today underneath as a leave-in. Good definition throughout without the sticky weightiness I experienced the first time using.

I definitely did not get second day hair out of this. I was pleased with the results of the wash n go so I tried it again a few days later. Ugh!!! Sticky all over again. This is definitely a product that is dependent on weather. Works better on days that are extra humid with high dewpoints.