Other Yogurts:

Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

Dannon does it again with great tasting, fat free yogurt. Yum!

***Quick View***: I like to have a Subway sub every so often but I don't want the chips that come with one. My husband picked me up a turkey sub and he got **Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt **with it. Of all places to discover a healthy, fat free dessert - Subway! This yogurt tastes great and is only 80 calories a single serving cup.***About Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt***Dannon makes some of the best yogurt, in my opinion. **Light & Fit **comes in six ounce cups and, for a couple of flavors, 32 ounce containers. Each cup has just 80 calories and no fat. Flavors include: Blackberry, Blueberry,Cherry Vanilla, Lemon Chiffon, Orange Mango, Peach, Raspberry, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Kiwi, Vanilla, and White Chocolate Raspberry.Although this yogurt has some aspartame in it, most of the sweetness comes from fructose and there is no aftertaste or "fake" sweet taste at all. This is a smooth yogurt with no fruit bits floating around. I tend to like chunky yogurt but **Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt **is a tasty, fat free treat that satisfies my taste buds.Along with 5 grams of protein per six ounce cup, you get a good amount of calcium (15%) and Vitamin D (20%) as well as other vitamins. There is no cholesterol in this yogurt and there is only about 16 grams of carbs per cup.But it's the taste that matters and this yogurt tastes good! This isn't all natural but the yogurt does have natural fruits and favoring in it. For me, a six ounce cup is the perfect nighttime or midday snack. I get calcium and Vitamin D as well as potassium that I need and I am full but not overly so. I enjoy this yogurt and have bought several different flavors to grab when I get the munchies.***My Viewpoint***Yogurt is great for you and** Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt** has all the good stuff that yogurt has in it but no fat and very few calories. Although there is a small amount of aspartame in the yogurt, it gets its sweetness mostly from fructose. A six ounce cup provides plenty of calcium and other vitamins and the flavors taste real and rich. I like it! ***4 stars. ***

This is actually for the Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt.

I am going to rate this yogurt at the lowest as possible because I do not believe this stuff will be doing any favors for anybody. This stuff is so packed with sweetener sugar, it is unbelievable. If you thought Yoplait was bad, do not go near this stuff. I can not get the sweetener sugar taste out of my mouth from this.

Flavor/Taste
This product is so loaded with fake sugars, I think I will actually stay away from this brand completely. All you can taste is sweetener. It over powers any other taste that this yogurt may claim it is offering with whatever fruit flavor it says it is.

Variety
There are many flavors to choose from when it comes to this, but it does not matter what flavor you choose, because you will only be able to taste the deadly high amount of sugar that is in this nasty yogurt.

Consistency
I do not care for whatever else Dannon has to offer based on this yogurt that I have tried. I believe it is inhumane for a product with this high content of noticeable taste to have ever been put on the shelves for us to consume.

Convenience
This product will never be convenient for me. I can not consider it convenient to try and kill myself with this unhealthy product. Stay away from this. You will be doing yourself a favor.

Healthy Snack That Satisfy's Sweet Cravings

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

So delicious and the perfect way to satisfy that craving for something sweet. Consumers have a choice between 13 flavors which is great for those who tire of the same thing over and over. Dannon also offers an alternate "Greek Yogurt". For those counting calories, here is the best part, only 80 calories per serving. Yes!!! My grandkids know that this grandma always has plenty of Dannon Light& Fit Yogurt on hand and if they ask me for some, I feel good giving them a healthy snack. Rarely do I spend a day baking cookies anymore to have something for the children. It's a snack that everyone enjoys; young and old alike. The price is reasonable and many times there is a coupon to curtail costs.

Loved this yogurt

from TN

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

I absolutely love yogurt and trying new flavors. When I first tried this yogurt I loved the taste but I could only eat a little bit of it. I could never eat the whole thing. I decided to try it in a smoothie and it was amazing! I got so hooked on this being the base to my smoothies that I loved to make. I have not seen this yogurt in the stores in a long time, which is really disappointing, but it was great while it lasted! It tasted awesome when it was blended with oranges, pineapples, and bananas. It was the perfect summery smoothie. I would sometimes have it at breakfast time, but mostly I made them for a tasty, healthy snack. This yogurt was just the right consistency for me. It was not too watery and not too thick. I wish that I could find this yogurt again because it was one of my favorites and I can never find one that is like it. I love the flavor. You could really taste each fruit in the yogurt.

taste like poison to me

from MD

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

the worst yogurt I ever had.

Worst taste in a yogurt

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

I have tried a lot of Greek yogurts and this one was by far the Worst yet. The yogurt is way too thick and the fruit is a bad jelly like consistency with a horrible flavor, taste nothing like any fruit I've ever had

This is actually for the Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt.

Loved this yogurt

from TN

Flavor/Taste
I love the flavor. You could really taste each fruit in the yogurt.

Delicious yogurt

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

This is a really good yogurt and has a great taste to it. I have been buying these for years now and I love this yogurt. There are about ten different flavors and they all taste great. It is very creamy and has a nice texture to it. This yogurt is lower in calories and carbohydrates than regular yogurts. So if you are trying to lose weight, maintain your weight or you just want to keep the calories down this is a great yogurt to have. It only has five grams of protein per cup. I sometimes use these to make smoothies with by adding additional fruits and ice and blending it. I am very happy with this yogurt and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Flavor/Taste
It has great flavor and taste. It has a very nice creamy and smooth texture to it.

Variety
There are about ten different flavors, that are all delicious.

Consistency
The consistency is excellent.

Convenience
They are very convenient to have has a snack at home or to take to work or on a trip as long as you are able to keep them cold.

• Convenience:

80 calories and satisfies a sweet tooth!

from Kansas

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

I'm a huge yogurt fan. It's a convenient way for me to get in a little snack and satisfy my sweet tooth. Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt is super yummy with no fat and only 80 calories!

You can find Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt at just about any grocery store. They have a TON of flavors. I usually get the vanilla and mix some fruit into it. The banana flavor is my second favorite. Usually they come in a pack of 4, each container is 6 oz. You can find the yogurt in 32 oz containers occasionally, but those are inconvenient for me so I buy the packs. If you go to the Dannon light and fit website you can find coupons, which is nice! Each container is only 80 calories with ZERO fat! I have a major sweet tooth so the Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt is a better option than going and grabbing a candy bar.

I highly recommend Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt! It's 80 calories with zero fat and it tastes really good. It's a nice snack and a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth.

How can this Dannon yogurt be fat free? I'm still wondering.

from southern, NC

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

I love the new Light & Fit Dannon yogurts.

I like most yogurts, but the container sizes looked a tad smaller on these, and I usually don't want a huge amount of yogurt. Sometimes I buy the kids' packs just to get smaller sizes, but those usually have sweeteners and more calories while the Dannon Light & Fit checks it at only 60 calories.

The Dannon yogurts that I've tried are strawberry and blueberry.

These yogurts are creamy swiss style but with some chunks of berries. The chunks are small and taste good and not mushy and gross like some fruit chunks.

Lots of time when I get something healthy, I will look around and see someone else having something really good like an ice cream cone or a candy bar and get envious. It's like trying to sit and eat a salad at McDonalds when everyone is eating those yummy French fries. With Dannon Light & Fit, it's not like that at all. I rank it up there with ice cream and candy, and I am picky on those.

If you like yogurt at all (and maybe even if you don't) and want a healthy option that tastes fabulous, then I'd say run down and pick up Dannon Light & Fit. I can't imagine anyone not loving these rich tasting yogurts that are sweet and make you feel like you're sinning up a storm when you aren't.

Too good to be true in some ways, but a great product anyway!

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt:

You've got to love that television commercial where the gal picks up a cup of ***Dannon Light & Fit Fat Free Yogurt***, uncaps the lid and sucks it down, right there in the store.  I had viewed this many times but didn't really perk up and take interest until the voice-over said that this product came in special seasonal summer melon flavors.  If there is one thing that will get my engine to turn over and throb, it is even the hope of anything which is in any way, shape, or form **watermelon**-flavored.  (Lusting for Brad Pitt is officially a lost cause but **watermelon** is do-able.)  So I hunkered down in the tall grass and waited for Dominick's to put it on sale, reducing the price of a 6-oz. cup from .89 to .70 which is when I pounced and bought a cup of the watermelon flavor.  I think I was more excited about this 6-oz. cup of yogurt than I was about anything else I bought that day.

Eagerly, (and in the privacy of my own home!) I pried the lid up and prepared to dig in, wondering how on earth someone had managed to imbue yogurt with the taste of fresh watermelon.  It almost seemed too good to be true and you know what **THAT** means!  That's right, this stuff does **NOT** taste like watermelon (to me anyway) and we're deducting a star for misrepresentation but on the positive side, **DANG** if this isn't good yogurt.  Whatever it **does** taste like (and it is hard to define the flavor) it is delicious and vested with such a lovely texture and pretty pink color that you would have no problem getting a child (or any other finicky eater) to at least try a cup.  If you don't think you like fat-free yogurt, step right up -- this one is for you.  According to the information on the (regrettably non-recyclable) cup, ***Dannon Light & Fit Fat-Free Yogurt*** has 50% fewer calories than regular lowfat yogurt.  (I'm willing to bet it is also better for you than that luscious piece of cake I caved in and bought over in the Bakery Department.)

**STATS:**

A 6-oz. cup is a single serving which contains 80 calories with zero fat of any kind and less than 5 mg. Cholesterol, 75 mg. Sodium, 230 mg. Potassium, 16 grams Total Carbs, 9 grams Sugars and 5 grams Protein.  Let's hear it for the 20% (D.V.) each Calcium and Riboflavin, 15% each Vitamin D and Phosphorus and 8% Vitamin A.

**TASTE TIP:**

The disappointing news is that (to me) ***Dannon Light & Fit Fat-Free Watermelon Yogurt*** doesn't really taste like watermelon.  The good news is that it tastes great when used as a **dip** for chunks of fresh melon of any variety, an idea which will amp up not only the nutritional stats but the **satisfaction** value besides for those people who may not think 6 ozs. of yogurt is really filling enough.