Other Yogurts:

Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

Best way to start the day

I love DanActive, my only issue is that they stopped making the plain flavor, and it was the best. I now have to settle for vanilla, and compared to the creamy yougurty taste of the plain I do feel as though I am settling.

One of my friends told me how her friends nutrition doctor suggested that the one simple thing that she could do best for her health was to drink a DanActive each morning.

I used to suffer from digestive stress, since I started drinking these (I am going on 4 years now) my digestive system, and my immune system have never been stronger.

One of my friends uses it instead of milk with her cereal. I have one with some berries and fruit and a high fiber granola bar (Kashi) for breakfast. Yummy.

Each vanilla drink has 80 calories, and 1.5% fat.

Here is what Dannon says about DanActive:

DanActive is a cultured probiotic drink that contains a unique combination of beneficial live cultures, including Lactobacillus casei (L.Casei Immunitas). Each Bottle of DanActive contains over 10 billion cultures and has been clinically proven to  help strengthen  your bodies defenses.

Here is what I say:

Well worth the costs for the benefits you will feel.

Not for me

I bought Danactive because of it's claim to help with immunity. Having two kids who are always bringing something home, I wanted something that would help. What I forgot is that this stuff is also supposed to "regulate the digest system." I drank one around 4pm one afternoon, by the next morning, I had a bit of the runs. My stomach is unsettled and bloated and I have to go to the dentist for a filling. NOT good. SOOO...I would say don't take this stuff if you tend to have a sensitive tummy, and if you do, don't plan on going anywhere. But I will say... it does indeed seem to help regulate the system. If you're blocked up a lot, this will help. lol

sweet tasting.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

I bought a pack of the Dannon DanAvtive Immunity Yogurt Drinks while I was on vacation because I needed a quick way to get my yogurt in my system while I was on the go.

I got the strawberry banana flavor, and it was a bit too sweet for my liking, but it was still had a really good flavor to it. Even though it was sweet, it still was healthy because it has no artificial flavoring in it. It has real sugar, and black carrot juice concentrate. It has all natural flavor, and is great for your immune system. I was having an upset stomach and the Danactive made me feel much better.

The great thing about the Dannon DanActive is that it only has 70 calories, and only 10 of those calories is fat. It also have a nice 3 gram kick of protein in it.

While the Danactive isn't my favorite yogurt it's a great yogurt to have when I'm on the go.

Flavor/Taste
I found the Danactive to be a bit too sweet for me, but it still did taste good. If they put a little less sugar in it, it would have been better. I liked the vanillia and the strawberry banana flavors the most.

Variety
They have a few different flavors of the Danactive Immunity yogurt drink. There are flavors such as strawberry banana, strawberry blueberry, vanilla, strawberry, and mixed berry with strawberry. If you don't like strawberry flavors the only other flavor they have is vanilla. They should make more varieties of flavors.

Consistency
It's a bit thin but it's a yogurt drink so that's what I expected it to be. It was smooth and had a decent taste to it.

Convenience
It's convenient because it comes in a nice small bottle that you can just drink on the go. It's already portioned for you, so you don't even need to use a cup which is nice.

• Convenience:

Dannon Dan Active Immunity Yogurt.

Profile Image

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

Dannon's claims on this yogurt is that if you use it regularly it will help support your immune system and help keep you healthy. I honestly do not know if those claims are true or if this yogurt does anything for your immune system. All I know is that it tastes really good and both myself and my two kids love it. Unlike regular yogurt this is one you drink, so very easy to take on the go. It is very low calorie and low fat, is healthy, and tastes really good. They have several flavors available and it is priced very well.

Flavor/Taste
Has a really creamy, smooth taste. They are sweet but not too sweet. Just the right amount of fruit taste is added in.

Variety
They do not come in as many flavors as regular yogurt but they do have like five or six to choose from. Wish they came out with more!

Consistency
Smooth and creamy, similar to a smoothie consistency.

Convenience
I like drinking these in the car on the way to dropping my kids off at school. They are also great for taking to sports activities and parks for a quick healthy snack.

Didn't help at all!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

I got this because during every winter I seem to find myself getting super sick all of the time and I wanted to build up my immunity so that I could feel better and hopefully keep myself from getting sick over and over again. I started to drink this yogurt every morning for a couple of weeks hoping that I would benefit from it. I noticed from the beginning that I was starting to have some stomach problems and it aching a lot, but I let it go and just figured my body was trying to work itself out with the new yogurt. After two weeks of being violently ill while taking this and my stomach killing me I decided enough was enough and I stopped drinking it and I immediately was feeling better and not sick at all anymore, everything was back to normal. This has a good taste but it made me so violently sick and did not help me at all, I felt so horrible after drinking it and would never drink it again!

• Convenience:

I do not trust this brand anymore

from Nesconset, NY

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

It's a real shame when you're putting your trust in a brand and find out its a fraud and their product is not benefitting you at all the way they advertise it to you. I have a not so healthy immune system due to other health issues. I used to drink other health drinks that were good and did help boost my immunity, but I wanted to try something new. When looking I came across the danactive immunity yogurt and it looked pretty good. I also like dannon products a lot. Unfortunately, after eating it for over a month and mind you it's not cheap, I started to have a little bit of stomach issues and it was not helping me at all. It also did not taste as good as others I've tried. They don't. come in many flavors to choose from and are a little bitter for my liking. I haven't ate it since and never plan to again. Not the product for me. I feel like I was also lied to when research was done and dannon lied about some of their digestive products. I do not purchase anymore.

• Convenience:

Harsh on my digestive system

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt is a healthy choice if you are looking to start out your day with a yogurt drink. It comes in a variety of flavors. I have tried the vanilla and strawberry flavors. There are a few combination flavors available as well. I found that both the vanilla and strawberry varieties of this yogurt drink are very harsh on my digestive system. I originally tried this yogurt drink because I was able to combine a high value manufacturer's coupon with an in-store sale at my local grocery store. This was the first time I tried a yogurt drink and it did not agree with my digestive system. I enjoyed the flavor and texture of this drink but found that I experienced stomach pains within 30 minutes of consuming this product. I thought the stomach pains might have been less if I had the yogurt drink along with a nutritious breakfast. I tried this yogurt drink a second time (and ate breakfast this time) and experienced similar stomach pains. I think this yogurt drink did not agree with my digestive system.

• Convenience:

Been using it since the D.A. Challenge/2005 with GREAT results!

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

Back in 2004/05, I took the Dan Active "Challenge" to use it daily for 1 mo. At the end of the month, my husband got sick, for more then 2 wks. Then our son got sick. He used it (3-4 times per wk) and was sick for approx. 1 wk. I was last to get sick, for ONLY TWO DAYS! It REALLY works! I've also used it when our grandson was young (about 9 mos old) and VERY sickly, to build his immunity. I added about 1/3 to 1/2 of a bottle of Dan Active into his infant cereal with a little formula), and it WORKED! It took about 6 mos., but his immune system DID get stronger and he was sick LESS often, for shorter amounts of time. We've been using it every since. And now, it is our practice for the grandkids to used Dan Active daily for the whole month BEFORE school starts and the whole month after it starts, so their systems will be strong and ready to fight the germ warfare when they return to school. After that twom month time span, they use it 3-6 times a wk, to maintain. When other kids are home sick and suffering, our grandson's are in school, healthy and learning, and not falling behind. We love this product!!

C. Ashfield

Very Helpful but Too Sweet

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

I bought DanActive, because it's the only yogurt on the shelves here in Panama that boasts live cultures. I've just come off an antibiotic, so I wanted to replenish the good bacteria in my system. I bought the vanilla flavor, and it was good but surprisingly sweet. I've never tasted yogurt with sugar in it before, so it was a bit much. I'm still unsure why they would consider it necessary to sweeten any dairy product other than ice cream. I do not want sugar, or aspartame for that matter, in my yogurt. If Dannon had not sweetened it, I would have given the product 5 stars.

On the plus side, and it is a big plus, the product has helped my digestive system so much that I even noticed that my acid reflux has greatly subsided since I began using DanActive.

LOVE- really help my immune system - customer 4 life here!

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

I can't remember when I first bought DanActive, but lately I am buying two packages everytime I go to the store. I absolutely notice a boost in my immune system. I have tried all sorts of supplements, vitamin drinks, and nothing compares. (I also will vouch for USANA Vitamins, they are Fantastic!) I wish they were a bit bigger, is my only complaint. THANK YOU DANNON FOR DANACTIVE!

helped after months of antibiotics

from Grand Forks, ND

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

my husband had developed bad folliculitis on his head because for the last two years he was treated with antibiotics almost continuously for colds and infections. nothing was helping, no medicated washes or topicals. one doctor said it was because of imbalance created by antibiotics. i decided to give Immunity a try and the sores went down significantly after only two weeks! I'm inclined to believe it was Immunity, because there was nothing else new that we were using.

Not my favorite yogurt drink!

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt:

I can't say I like this as much as I had hoped. I would much rather eat yogurt.  There is a super sweet taste and its like drinking melted yogurt.  Smoothies are a much tastier option. I do think its healthy but not my choice!