Other Dishwashers:
Danby
DDW1899WP
Danby Portable Dishwasher

Danby Portable Dishwasher

Pros

• Cleans well (5)
  • Easy to load (4)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Quiet (3)
  • Simple controls (3)

Cons

• Doesn't dry well (4)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Loading Flexibility:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3), I received a sample (3)

Dishwasher review

General this was an awesome little dishwasher. They fit into our little kitchen and completed a decent measure of dishes. I locate that cleanser fluid dishwashers worked better in this, and now and again the powder would not be completely utilized until the point that they would stick in the washer tank. He ran rapidly. I might want to download it after supper and when I overcame the sweet, I changed to bs and brushed my teeth so it was completed barely 45 minutes. It was not boisterous at all and we moved it all over the place. At times there was extra counter space which made the wheels extremely valuable.

On the off chance that you spill something on it - I prescribe utilizing Windex to wash it off, it works best at first glance.

Clamor level

This is one of the calmest dishwashers I've ever heard. I figured it would be uproarious louder however made a delicate chening sound. You can hear when cycles change - from wash to flush or flush to dry however simply short clamor and not irritating by any means. Be cautious that everything is snared right however - when we initially arrived we connected to the water the wrong way and it's Wind - awful clamor, great hush.

Cleaning time of

Clean dishes and dry them when the dishwasher feels. On the off chance that we surge you can avoid the most recent 10 minutes or so of the cycle and let things get air or wipe stuff dry and put it away. There was very little water utilized as a part of this as there was a standard size dishwasher so it was drying less demanding.

Download Flexibility

This was troublesome at first we needed to get used to less space, and when we did it was less demanding however a removable or flexible rack would improve it ten times.

the execution

For whatever length of time that everything was flushed well before hand we didn't have a grimy dish back yet the planes were not sufficiently solid to clean everything. The brisk flush to the plates and glasses was fine yet nothing was more than

Don't buy this dishwasher!!!

We bought our first 18" Danby in February and it stopped pumping water a month later. It was under warranty so Danby replaced the unit (because there wasn't a repair store withing 100 miles of us) and didn't take back the broken unit due to the expense of transporting it back to the store.

The newer unit started leaking water within a month of using it. We continued to use it too long, it is now out of warranty and the unit now floods the kitchen floor.

As of today we have two broken danby's out in our drive way, both of them only a few months new.

I will never buy anything from that company again. Be sure to check to see if there is a repair service available before purchasing any product.

Really cool product!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I thought this was so interesting! I had never used a portable dishwasher before, so I was prety skeptical about the whole thing. I thought there was no way it could really work that well, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It worked far better than I hoped, and I was so happy with the results!

Noise Level
It's a little louder than I would like, especially since it's pretty expensive. I would prefer a little quieter.

Cleaning Time
It cleans within a reasonable amount of time.

Loading Flexibility
Sometimes it's a little frustrating to load because you have to get a little creative in order to fit everything, but it holds a decent amount of items.

This does a very nice job of cleaning what I need it to clean, as well as removing some tougher stains.

It's nothing too fancy and it's not terribly pretty, but that isn't really the point of it. It fits well into small spaces, which is really nice.

This holds up very well against regular use.

• Loading Flexibility:

Danby portable dishwasher is a wonderful suprise

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Do not let this dishwasher's small size deter you from purchasing it! I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this small dishwasher can clean just as well and even better than larger machines. My only complaint is that it is sometimes difficult to find the right settings and conditions to clean various sizes of pots and pans, silverware, and glasses.

Noise Level
The noise is not completely gone, but that's normal. The noise level is still pretty low, depending on what cycle is on.

The performance is incredible. Often I find that I can just place the dishes right off the kitchen table into the dishwasher, and I don't even have to pre-rinse or soak the dishes. This machine can take whatever I throw at it and still spit them out squeaky clean and dry, while also remaining energy-efficient in the process. I have not been disappointed so far.

I love how whenever I feel like redoing a part of my house, I can just roll the dishwasher to one side and work on that section. The wheels roll very easily, and I appreciate the portable ability of it. The unit looks wonderful in my home, and is very well-built. However, I was forced to do a little unnecessary home renovation when I discovered that the dishwasher had to be placed right by the sink because of the short hoses.

An excellent dishwasher.

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Danby Portable Dishwasher, a compact and durable dishwasher on the wheels is perfect for a small family and super awesome for a small apartment with a small kitchen. I had this while I was in the rented apartment which did not have a built in dishwasher. This sturdy dishwasher works the same way as the big ones despite the fact it looks so small. It takes heavy loads and takes the same amount of time to do the cycles as any other dishwashers. The dishes come out sparkling clean. Also, I do not remember pre washing the dishes before loading except for some sticky or oily food, where one can use their common sense while loading the dishes. Just a thing can can be improved is the hose size, wish it was a little bigger but I am sure hardware stores out there must have some extensions to help you out. Overall a sturdy, small, durable dishwasher which lasts really long. I had to give it up because we moved out, still it was in good condition.

Very Convenient

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I purchase the Danby Portable Dishwasher a few years ago. The dishwasher was great as it was smaller and more compact. I could easily move the dishwasher around and was able to store it out of the way. Even though this was a smaller dishwasher, I was amazed at how much of a load that it could handle. It always got the dishes clean with a light rinse over before loading. The dishwasher was quite, I could barely hear it while it was in use. The speed of the dishwasher was a little slower than other I had used but I still wouldn't complain about it. The only problems that I had was that while undoing the hoses, I would make a mess as the water didn't fully drain from the hose after use. The other issue that I had was that the castor wheels were easy to break. I was rolling it across the floor and the wheel just broke into. Although the wheels had nothing to do with the performance, I did end up buying better quality castors. I would recommend this dishwasher to anyone.

Alright dishwasher

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I like this dishwasher. It's portable, easy to use, the manual is clear.

Noise Level
I thought this diswasher was nice and quiet for a dishwasher. I didn't really hear it so often times I'd forget about the fact that I was doing dishes. Maybe I just have a noisier house than a lot of other people, two kids generate a lot of noise....but I thought the dishwasher was very very quiet.

Cleaning Time
It's a pretty standard cleaning time, about 45 minutes to an hour depending on whether or not you prerinse in the sink or use the prerinse on the dishwasher.

Loading Flexibility
You might not be able to fit EVERYTHING in the dishwasher since it is smaller than an under the counter type, but you're able to fit a lot in. It's a good family dishwasher, as long as you're not hoping for it to load an entire days worth of dishes in. We usually handwash our pots and pans so we have the space for things in it.

If you can find the right dishwashing detergent, then you've got it made. It took a couple weeks of buying soap that wasn't right for the dishes/dishwasher to find the right soap that worked good with the dishwasher.

I really like the design of the dishwasher. I thought it was nice and sleek, fit well into our small house.

With two kids, the durability of a product is really important to me. With this dishwasher, so far so good. I have no complaints about the durability.

Great little dishwasher.

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I give this dishwasher a ten because for me and my family it is a ten, for bigger families it probably wouldn't be. I have a family of three, myself, my husband, and my one year old daughter so we don't really use too many dishes. This dishwasher is perfect for us because of us being such a small family, it is compact, energy efficient, and portable. The cool thing about this dishwasher is that you can set it up anywhere that has a plug-in and a hose really, even outside. We bought ours used, but it still works very well and we haven't had any problems at all with it. Our new apartment didn't have one when we moved in so we bought this one at our local thrift store for a very reasonable price and have been very happy with it for nearly two months.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is very quiet, i can run it at one o'clock in the morning with next to no noise at all, and it doesn't move when it is cleaning so the neighbors don't hear any banging either.

Great Small Dishwasher

from Boston, MA

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Overall this was a great little dishwasher. It fit in our tiny kitchen and did a fair amount of dishes. I find that the liquid dish detergent worked best in this, sometimes the powder wouldn't be completely used up and it would stick in the reservoir of the washer. It ran quick. I would load it after dinner and by the time I had gotten through dessert, changed into pjs and brushed my teeth it was done so a little more than 45 minutes. It wasn't noisy at all and we moved it around everywhere. Sometimes it was extra counter space which made the wheels very handy.
If you spill something on it - I recommend using Windex to wash it off, it works the best on the surface.

Noise Level
This is one of the quietest dishwashers I have ever heard. I thought it would be louder but it made a soft churning sound. You can hear when it changes cycles - from wash to rinse or rinse to dry but it is just a brief noise and not annoying at all. Be careful that everything is hooked up right though - when we first got it we connected it to the water the wrong way and it whined - noise is bad, silence is good.

Cleaning Time
It would clean and dry dishes just as fast as any dishwasher I feel. If we were rushing you could skip the last 10 minutes or so of the cycle and let things air dry or wipe stuff off and put it away. There wasn't as much water used in this as there was in a standard size dishwasher so drying was easier.

Loading Flexibility
This was tricky at first we had to get used to less space and when we did it was easier however removable or adjustable racks would have made it ten times better.

As long as everything was well rinsed before hand we never had a dirty dish come back but the jets were not powerful enough to super clean everything. a quick rinse to plates and cups was fine but anything that was in the over would need a good hand wash. It did a great job of sanitizing and drying dishes though.

This was the perfect solution to our super small kitchen not having a dishwasher. I wish I could have fit some bigger pots and pans in it but beggars can't be choosers. It is for small spaces so it is small but you can still fit normal sized things in it. We ran ours every day. I wish the racks were adjustable, that would have made my life easier.

If it can survive in my house it is definitely durable. Between cats roommates and guests this dish washer was being pushed around, sat on and used. We had it for 3 years and bought it used and never had an issue with it.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great for small apartments!

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I used this in my small apartment (one bedroom) that didn't have a built-in dishwasher and did not have a reserved spaced in the kitchen for a dishwasher. This portable dishwasher is small so it can fit into small spaces. I was able to put it in my small kitchen close to the sink. It doesn't load a lot of dishes but for small families it works well. Two people lived in the apartment together so it was just the right size for us. We normally loaded a cycle every two days. It's a bit noisy than other bigger dishwashers but the performance was equally good.

Noise Level
The noise level was on the high side.

Cleaning Time
It take about an hour for a cycle and maybe a bit longer if you want them completely dry.

Loading Flexibility
It doesn't load a lot but enough for a small family.

It works well for a small family. You can load about two or three meals worth of dishes and it washes well without having to rinse it before loading.

The size is perfect for a small apartment and for couples without kids.

I used it for a year and I could see that it would last a long time but for a few years, it seems fine.

Perfect for Apartments!

from Ohio

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

The Danby Portable Dishwasher is ideal for anyone living in an apartment home or dorm that does not come furnished or equipped with a dishwasher. My mother purchased me this dishwasher a couple of years ago when I was going to school. The Danby kept me and my roommate's dishes sparkling clean. The dishwasher is not super load either which was good because we usually ended up doing our dishes in the later hours of the evening. It also has wheels on it which makes loading easier! I'd definitely recommend it!

Nice and quiet!

Cleaning Time
The dishwasher has a good wash and rinse cycle but the drying time is a little on the short side.

Loading Flexibility
The Banger is a nice size dishwasher if you are living alone or with a roommate. You can fit lots of cups, plates, silverware and even pans pretty well!

Good portable dishwasher, works well!

Very well designed, the dishwasher rolls around on wheels which really comes in handy when loading and unloading it!

My portable dishwasher stills works great to this day if I need to use it. So far, so good! :)

Good Easy To Use Dishwasher

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

After moving into a house with a relatively small kitchen and no dishwasher I was at odds as to how to get a dishwasher to fit. After finding the Danby portable and seeing how small it was I figured it would fit perfectly in my kitchen. The cost was affordable and getting it installed was relatively easy. After using it for a couple months it began leaking a little but was an easy fix. It's easy to tend to and cleans dishes very well. I have a family of three and do one load a day, i'm sure it could handle up to two or three loads a day. I am quite happy with this purchase and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small portable dishwasher.

Noise Level
Pretty quiet most of the time

Cleaning Time
Simple and easy to clean

Loading Flexibility
With some lack of space there is few ways to load it

It cleans thoroughly and efficiently

Not too bulky and looks nice

Once in a while you might get some leaking but it's durable over all