Other Dishwashers:
Danby
DDW1899WP
Danby Portable Dishwasher

Danby Portable Dishwasher

Pros

• Cleans well (3)

Great Small Dishwasher

Overall this was a great little dishwasher. It fit in our tiny kitchen and did a fair amount of dishes. I find that the liquid dish detergent worked best in this, sometimes the powder wouldn't be completely used up and it would stick in the reservoir of the washer. It ran quick. I would load it after dinner and by the time I had gotten through dessert, changed into pjs and brushed my teeth it was done so a little more than 45 minutes. It wasn't noisy at all and we moved it around everywhere. Sometimes it was extra counter space which made the wheels very handy.
If you spill something on it - I recommend using Windex to wash it off, it works the best on the surface.

Noise Level
This is one of the quietest dishwashers I have ever heard. I thought it would be louder but it made a soft churning sound. You can hear when it changes cycles - from wash to rinse or rinse to dry but it is just a brief noise and not annoying at all. Be careful that everything is hooked up right though - when we first got it we connected it to the water the wrong way and it whined - noise is bad, silence is good.

Cleaning Time
It would clean and dry dishes just as fast as any dishwasher I feel. If we were rushing you could skip the last 10 minutes or so of the cycle and let things air dry or wipe stuff off and put it away. There wasn't as much water used in this as there was in a standard size dishwasher so drying was easier.

Loading Flexibility
This was tricky at first we had to get used to less space and when we did it was easier however removable or adjustable racks would have made it ten times better.

As long as everything was well rinsed before hand we never had a dirty dish come back but the jets were not powerful enough to super clean everything. a quick rinse to plates and cups was fine but anything that was in the over would need a good hand wash. It did a great job of sanitizing and drying dishes though.

This was the perfect solution to our super small kitchen not having a dishwasher. I wish I could have fit some bigger pots and pans in it but beggars can't be choosers. It is for small spaces so it is small but you can still fit normal sized things in it. We ran ours every day. I wish the racks were adjustable, that would have made my life easier.

If it can survive in my house it is definitely durable. Between cats roommates and guests this dish washer was being pushed around, sat on and used. We had it for 3 years and bought it used and never had an issue with it.

Cleans dishes to my satisfaction. Dry cycle is short.

I was desperate for a portable dishwasher in my rental home with a child.  The hook up to the kitchen sink is a little annoying, big plates and pans don't fit and mine leaks at the faucet.  YET, it was well worth my money and I am so thankful it sanitizes.  The dry cycle runs short and isn't hot enough to dry plastic containers.  It was still worth it to me.  Having a dishwasher is a dream come true for me now that I have a child.

Easy Peasy. finally found it's the best

from ny

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet
  • Simple Controls

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

In most of the time I do a search for a good product , and I finally found it's the best in the market because they are multi- job and provide existence, and the effort and the price is often best

Before I realized this I was struggling to screw on the metal attachment while it was still connected to the hose as I didn't know there was a more appropriate way to do it. It makes me nervous when a manufacturing company doesn't take the time to write a decent manual for their product, but in the end all I cared about was that this thing cleans well and doesn't take much energy doing it. According to the papers it came with it only costs about 30 bucks a year to operate if you use it 3-4 times a week! My energy bill came with no unpleasant surprises

Making your cleaning process easier.

from Millville, NJ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Cleans Well
      • Easy To Load
      • Simple Controls

Cons

• Doesn't Dry Well

• Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Having a house full of dirty dishes every night, functioning without a dishwasher in a busy household is not really an option for my family. We purchased the Danby Portable Dishwasher while living in a home that did not feature a dishwasher. This dishwasher was a little higher in price than I would have liked, but after reading the reviews for this dishwasher we decided to buy it regardless. This dishwasher fit in well in an open spot within our kitchen, but also worked well when ran daily. It cleaned the dishes adequately and while the cycle did take a while, the dishes came out clean. I would not recommend this dishwasher for heavy use with heavily dirtied pots and pans, as it did not remove all the debris. It made a little bit of noise when washing the dishes, but wasn't extremely loud and allowed my children to sleep without waking them as their room is in close proximity to the kitchen. I highly recommend this dishwasher if you don't have space for a full size unit within your kitchen.

Don't buy this dishwasher!!!

from Santa Rosa, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Cleans Well

Cons

• Awkward Loading
      • breaks down easily
      • Doesn't Dry Well
      • Long Cycle
      • Loud
      • no repairman available
      • Unreliable

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

We bought our first 18" Danby in February and it stopped pumping water a month later. It was under warranty so Danby replaced the unit (because there wasn't a repair store withing 100 miles of us) and didn't take back the broken unit due to the expense of transporting it back to the store.

The newer unit started leaking water within a month of using it. We continued to use it too long, it is now out of warranty and the unit now floods the kitchen floor.

As of today we have two broken danby's out in our drive way, both of them only a few months new.

I will never buy anything from that company again. Be sure to check to see if there is a repair service available before purchasing any product.

Convenient to Use!

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I give this dishwasher overall 9 rating because of its convenience and portability. However, the only thing I have to say about this dishwasher is I wish there were more space for my pots and pans. Loading the dishes and running this dishwasher is so easy even my 10 year old can do it. We have found that we can manage to get plates and cups stacked up with ease. The best thing I can say about this dishwasher is it's so convenient to move from my upstairs kitchen to the kitchen in our basement. Which makes washing dishes not so much of a hassle anymore in our household. We do have to wash our pots and pans in a separate load from other dishes. So if you have a large family using a large amount of dishes, I wouldn't recommend this particular one.

Having wheels on the bottom of this dishwasher makes it easier for me to bring the dishwasher closer to the sink for loading.

love this

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Overall, I would have to give this product a ten out of ten rating, because it is so impressive! It is a high speed, very spacious dishwasher. It makes cleaning dishes so easy and simple. You can get the job done with this product in less than a half hour! The Danby portable dishwasher is easily accessible, and it can be moved to wherever you would like it to go, because it is not that heavy of a product. It makes hardly any noise, and it gets your dishes squeaky clean. What is not to love about it? I would definitely recommend this dishwasher to anyone in search of a great product and a decent bang for your buck!

Noise Level
        This dishwasher hardly makes any noise, so I was very impressed by it.

Cleaning Time
        Your dishes will be clean in almost no time at all with this product.

Loading Flexibility
        The amount of dishes that you can fit in this dishwasher is almost overwhelming. I can fit almost double the amount of dishes in this than my old dishwasher, which is very pleasing to me!

This product performs greatly.

I really like the design of this dishwasher.

This is a very durable dishwasher.

Fits Great in Small Apartments or Spaces

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I just moved out of my small home and one thing I will miss is my Danby Portable Dishwasher. My kitchen is small and there really was not room for a full size dishwasher. I purchased the Danby because of the size of it. Since it is only 18 inches wide and fits perfectly in small spaces. It holds a lot of dishes and I was surprised at the roominess inside of the dishwasher. You can fit a lot in there. It is very well made and is very sturdy and a good dishwasher for the money. It has an automatic soap dispenser and has various wash settings that you can choose from. It does not use a lot of water on any of the settings and really gets the dishes and the utensils spotlessly clean. I really like this dishwasher as it does just as good of a job as a full size washer yet uses less water and electricity and is energy friendly. It is not very noisy at all. It is easy to load and unload as well. If you are looking for a nicecompact dishwasher, look no further than this one.

Extra counter top space!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

We were living in an apartment while our house was being built and we have a large family, so when we discovered that the apartment had no dish washer, I went to the local home improvement store and found this one. I knew that I had to have something that was portable and that could easily be moved around the kitchen and used. I really liked this one, it is very easy to use and convenient. All you have to do is roll it over to your facet at your sink (it is on wheels) and then take the hose that it has and hook it up to your sink. You then turn on the water and the dishwasher and it does all of the rest of the work. I really like that this model also had a counter top on the top of it, it is great to push to the side of my counters and then it gives me more counter top space and does not take up a whole lot of room. It is pretty quiet, it can get somewhat loud if you have a lot of pot and pans in there. It works very fast and pretty well, it is a great addition to someone who has a home without a dishwasher and wants one that wont take up a ton of room or cost an arm and a leg.

Really cool product!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

I thought this was so interesting! I had never used a portable dishwasher before, so I was prety skeptical about the whole thing. I thought there was no way it could really work that well, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It worked far better than I hoped, and I was so happy with the results!

Noise Level
        It's a little louder than I would like, especially since it's pretty expensive. I would prefer a little quieter.

Cleaning Time
        It cleans within a reasonable amount of time.

Loading Flexibility
        Sometimes it's a little frustrating to load because you have to get a little creative in order to fit everything, but it holds a decent amount of items.

This does a very nice job of cleaning what I need it to clean, as well as removing some tougher stains.

It's nothing too fancy and it's not terribly pretty, but that isn't really the point of it. It fits well into small spaces, which is really nice.

This holds up very well against regular use.

• Loading Flexibility:

Danby portable dishwasher is a wonderful suprise

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Do not let this dishwasher's small size deter you from purchasing it! I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this small dishwasher can clean just as well and even better than larger machines. My only complaint is that it is sometimes difficult to find the right settings and conditions to clean various sizes of pots and pans, silverware, and glasses.

Noise Level
        The noise is not completely gone, but that's normal. The noise level is still pretty low, depending on what cycle is on.

The performance is incredible. Often I find that I can just place the dishes right off the kitchen table into the dishwasher, and I don't even have to pre-rinse or soak the dishes. This machine can take whatever I throw at it and still spit them out squeaky clean and dry, while also remaining energy-efficient in the process. I have not been disappointed so far.

I love how whenever I feel like redoing a part of my house, I can just roll the dishwasher to one side and work on that section. The wheels roll very easily, and I appreciate the portable ability of it. The unit looks wonderful in my home, and is very well-built. However, I was forced to do a little unnecessary home renovation when I discovered that the dishwasher had to be placed right by the sink because of the short hoses.

An excellent dishwasher.

Comments about Danby Portable Dishwasher:

Danby Portable Dishwasher, a compact and durable dishwasher on the wheels is perfect for a small family and super awesome for a small apartment with a small kitchen. I had this while I was in the rented apartment which did not have a built in dishwasher. This sturdy dishwasher works the same way as the big ones despite the fact it looks so small. It takes heavy loads and takes the same amount of time to do the cycles as any other dishwashers. The dishes come out sparkling clean. Also, I do not remember pre washing the dishes before loading except for some sticky or oily food, where one can use their common sense while loading the dishes. Just a thing can can be improved is the hose size, wish it was a little bigger but I am sure hardware stores out there must have some extensions to help you out. Overall a sturdy, small, durable dishwasher which lasts really long. I had to give it up because we moved out, still it was in good condition.