2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

Daily Steals is great for closeout price point references

I made one purchase from DailySteals.com. I needed an electronic tool to make my life easier, so I started doing research on several other websites. A friend that is very, very pro-electronics liked the website on Facebook, and this information came up in my feed so I decided to sign up for daily emails in order to see if I might be able to purchase the products that I need at a lesser price from DailySteals.com. When the item I needed came up for sale, I had already done the research regarding price and quality, mostly via reviews on Amazon. I knew the shortcomings of the product for some users, and the unavailability of the item’s customer service to help with bugs, but was willing to take a risk at that price. I received a confirmation email right away stating that the product would ship in six business days, however, I was prepared for longer because I know that many of these products on multiple daily deals websites originate overseas and may or may not be held up in customs. The distance they have to travel also makes returns very difficult, so I was prepared to take a risk and eat the cost if it didn’t work out. Very blessedly, the purchase did work out very well, so I was able to get a great deal at around half price. I have not purchased from DailySteals.com since, but I do read the emails daily, as they are a great resource for setting individual product price points for future reference.

Daily Steals? So far, I am the one who has been stolen from!

***Quick View:*** I love bargains and like "Deals of the Day" or "One Deal a Day" websites where they sell one or two items a day at a great price. I troll the sites to see what good stuff they may have. Woot! started the phenomena of the deal a day concept, I believe, and now, there are hundreds of sites that  do the same thing. One site is called **DailySteals.com**. This site does have good deals but they also have failed me twice and I won't go back no matter what the deal may be.

**My Take on DailySteals.com**

This website has one item for sale a day. Generally it is a small electronic but now and then they have DVD boxed sets, jewelry, and other items for sale. If you want the deal, you just add it to your cart and pay the shipping which is $4.99 for one item and goes up from there if you want more than one of the "steals" that day.

I ordered a product a while ago and it didn't come. I waited for ages and finally wrote and asked what the deal was. It was a gift and I needed it. They wrote saying something about bad weather and the order being delayed by a few more weeks. I immediately write and asked for them to cancel the order because it would arrive too late. I had not yet been charged and it had not been sent out.

They conveniently disregarded my letter and sent the order out when it came, charging me the full price way over a month after I placed the order and after I specifically canceled it.

I was ticked and had no use for the piece of junk that arrived. But did I learn my lesson? Nooooo.

I saw a really cute digital photo album and MP3 Player for a very good price. It was refurbished but guaranteed. The hype was crazy good and the price was just $30.00. I gave it a shot. I paid the $29.99 and the shipping charge and hoped it would actually show up.

The frame did come in a timely fashion. It looked OK. I didn't really take the time to look it over completely and to try it because it had no internal memory at all and I needed to get a memory card to load up my stuff. Before I had a chance to try the frame out, I received a letter informing me that the rechargeable battery included didn't work/didn't fit/was no good, whatever. They could not get the proper batteries in so I could get $5.00 back and use the thing only on AC power (I planned to use it as a travel photo album and didn't want to plug it in every time I took it with me) or send it back and get a refund.

I was ticked again. What the heck? Do they have ANY type of quality control? Now I am stuck with a product I don't want again. So, I wrote that I didn't want it and they told me I had to send it back with all sorts of info they needed as to why I am sending it back, whether I want an exchange (NONE of the frames have batteries that work so why would I want an exchange?). I have to put my postage receipt in the box to be refunded which is tough to do since I usually tape boxes and prepare them before I go to the post office to mail them. I need to put my RMA on the front of the box or I won't get refunded. The whole thing is a BIG pain and I almost feel like tossing the frame and forgetting it all but I won't. I did that with the last item I bought for the same price. This time, I will get my money back!

***Bottom Line***

I made two orders with **DailySteals.com** and had two bad experiences. Both should have been avoided and I am POSITIVE they chose to disregard mt cancellation letter on the first product. I don't like those eithics and I don't like bad quality. I won't go back. ***2 stars.***

DailySteals Sucks!!!

from beverly hills ca

Comments about DailySteals.com:

Worst online seller EVER!
Worst customer service EVER!

I ordered Beats earphones. The description DID NOT mention that these earphones work ONLY with HTC phones (If it did, how on earth are they supposed to sell?). So, the easiest thing to do is mislead the customer. Needless to say, they did not work with my iPhone.
I contacted them several times requesting a return. I never got a reply back.
These people just wanna make as much $$$ as possible till they are in business. Hope they learn, which I highly doubt.
Never buying from them ever again. NEVER AGAIN!!!

False Advertising

from Virginia

Comments about DailySteals.com:

I placed an order with DailySteals.com via PayPal for a product that was advertised as "New" and it come with a one year warranty and free shipping. I was given an order number, then my shipping information would be emailed within 48 hours. I was eager for the iPad to arrive since this would be a gift for my teenage daughter. Her birthday was 3 weeks away when I placed the order, and surely thought it would arrive before then. The 48 hours came and went and after waiting 5 days for my shipping confirmation I finally tried to contact customer service to see what the problem was. I emailed them first, I got no response, but my confirmation emailed arrived 6 days later. I was hopeful that the product would arrive in time. A week went by when my package arrived, and I was thrilled because I was starting to worry. When I opened the package, it was in a white box, the charger didn't match the brand, it was a generic charger, and I knew right away this wasn't a "New" product. I called to register the iPad, and was told the warranty had already expired, and couldn't believe that I had bought a refurbished product that was advertised as "New". If I would've known this I wouldn't have ordered, and just purchased the same item in a store in the original packaging for the extra money. I felt scammed, even though the product worked, it wasn't much of a deal since I could've bought one at a pawn shop at the same price. I decided to give it to my daughter anyway, and I have learned a valuable lesson when it comes to ordering online from companies like this one. I will never purchase from this site again no matter what daily deal they are offering.

Great discounts that seem fishy, but worth it for smaller items

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about DailySteals.com:

Daily steals has too good to be true prices on big items, including laptops, phones, computers, tablets and much more. I read reviews and they were not good, especially with how they were shipping. I still wanted to give it a go, as the deals were too good to pass up.

Product Selection
It seems very random of what items they have at certain times. Clearly they get all things on closeout and try and sell them. I didn't recognize most of the brands they had, so I felt like I was going out on a limb for my purchase.

Product Pricing
You can't beat getting up to 75% on items. It seems too fishy for huge labtops and computer, but that explains the weird brands.

Shipping and Returns
They have free shipping which is great, but definitely takes forever. Also they only allow you to ship to billing address. For me that wasn't a problem, but if I was working out of town and wanted to order something, they would not send it to where I currently was. They say it has to deal with fraud and making sure you aren't using a stolen credit card.

I didn't have trouble with care of the shipping of my package, but I would be nervous with shipping a labtop of tablet.

• Shipping and Returns:

They will steal your money, that's for sure.

from Kansas

Comments about DailySteals.com:

I only purchased from DailySteals.com one time and will definitely never buy anything from them again. I ordered a keyboard from the website because it was about half the price of other online stores. After I FINALLY received my item in the mail, it was obviously used even though the description clearly stated new. You could tell the keys had been used and the cord was loose. There was no original packaging on the item, but instead it was thrown in a box. Upon contacting a seemingly indifferent customer service representative, I was told I was wrong about it being used. They maintained it was a new product. This is a very shady company that is not honest with its customers!

Product Selection
They normally only have a handful of items for sale.

Customer Service
I contacted customer service after I received my keyboard and it was obviously in used condition even though the description said new. They promptly told me it was new and I was incorrect. You could see wear on some of the buttons and the cord was loose, it was USED. The customer service representative did not seem to care.

Shipping and Returns
They offer "forever free shipping". It took 2 weeks for my item to finally get to me. They simply threw the keyboard in the box with no padding or protection. I understand now why they offer free shipping.

don't miss your chance

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about DailySteals.com:

DailySteals.com is one of those famous hit or miss sites. I like to browse through it every once in a while. I have not signed up for the regular emails because I have already signed up for a few too many similar sites and I tend to get overwhelmed. This site probably has the least amount of product selections to choose from out of all the similar daily deals sites. They do post some really good deals at times but their overall product selection is so very limited that finding something you actually want to buy is highly unlikely the majority of the time. The good thing about the site is that once you do find something worth buying, you are going to get a really good deal on it. They also provide a coverage warranty on all of their products unless otherwise stated in descriptions. This is a decent site with limited usage. It's worth checking out every once in a while but I wouldn't say to sign up for the emails. That would just be a hassle you don't really need. They ship in 2 to three days and I have never had a problem with customer service either. The main issue is that they just don't have very much to choose from.

Daily Steals is great for closeout price point references

great deals

Comments about DailySteals.com:

Daily steals.com offers a one day steal on an item. This item could be a household, electronic, or outdoor item that they think will be desired by a large audience. This item is sold at a discounted rate and price. It is sold at that price until the twenty four hour period expires or until the item is sold out.

Typically the items are discounted at least by fifty percent. Often times, they will be more than that.
These items are shipped free to your home.
Daily steals allows you to create an account and sign up for alerts. They will e-mail you when a new deal has been posted.
I have found many great gifts for Christmas on daily steals.com. For example, I bought a GPS system that was orignally valued at $200, and I was able to purchase it for $40.00 with free shipping. This made a great gift, and it was at a great price. I would highly recommend looking into daily steals.com for great deals.

Really is too good to be true, don't purchase here

Comments about DailySteals.com:

When I was introduced to this website I thought this was going to be a great website to purchase from. I purchased an electronic item that was more than half the price. The item that was being sold stated that it was a new item. Upon receiving the item from out of the mail box, it was anything but new. When contacting customer service, no one seemed to care and even though I brought up it said it was new and it was not, the customer service agent did not care at all. This may have been a refurbished item at its best. This site is very shady in my book and you take a complete risk buying any items from here. They offer free shipping but you may not receive your product for a long time. The shipping time was also horrendous, that is probably why they offer it free so no one can complain about the cost of it. The selection on the site is not overwhelming either, they barely have a dozen things at a time it seems like. I would buy at your own risk on this site.

Good Deals, but Refurbished.

Comments about DailySteals.com:

This is one of the newer one sale a day type websites that have just come into the market. I've used this site for several months and here is my feedback.

Now, the majority of the deals are re certified and refurbished and so you will have to rely on their guarantee that the products are indeed fully functional. I've ordered some headphones that were discounted and re-certified, and had no issues at all with the functionality of the device. If you are okay with these type of products, then go ahead and order it.

The only issue with this site is that there is a huge delay in shipping. I'm talking about at least 2 weeks. You pay for the item up front but you wait for a long time for the product to be received. If you are okay with this, then this site is for you. There is no customer support at all, so there may be a lot of frustration that occurs as a result of this. They are not helpful at all.

Never again

from Westchester, IL

Comments about DailySteals.com:

I purchased new Samsung 8 GB SD card from Dailysteals.com about 2 years ago and it might be the most unprofessional place I have ever dealt with in my life. I ordered the card and never received any type of confirmation or track information. There was no communication at all from them despite my emails. The SD card did show up 10 days after ordering in a plain white envelope with no padding. The card came in a little plastic bag with nothing covering it. Before putting the card in my phone I ran it through a series of test on my PC. I found out that the card was used. The card had someone's Blackberry contacts still on it. Also, the card didn't perform up to the speed Dailysteals stated in its ad. Apparently a lot of people had issues with this product and a mass email was sent out to all that purchased the card. We were given the option of returning the card for a full refund or keeping the card and getting a $8 credit to your account. I chose the credit because I would end up losing money on shipping. I ended up using the credit to buy some bluetooth headphones that are still excellent to this day. Even though they tried to rectify the situation I can't trust a site that blatantly lies and only contacts you because a large number of customers threatened to report them to the BBB.