Other Sunscreens:

DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25

Left White Smudges on my Skin

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25:

The name says it all, doesn't it? As a black woman with a nut-brown complexion, I'm not sure what possessed me to try this sample of DHC White Sunscreen. I know that the "white" in the name probably refers to the color of the 10% zinc oxide that is an active sunscreen ingredient. I just didn't think that the color of the product would be so blindingly, snow-white. Considering it's marketed as a facial sunscreen, it seems to me that they could add a touch of pigment to the formula to offset the white cast this leaves behind.

Other than the typical sunscreen odor, I didn't notice any added fragrance to this sunscreen.

Initially, the sunscreen seemed to absorb into my skin invisibly. I then went on with my morning, tending to some minor gardening chores. At lunchtime, when I next looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe how awful my face looked. The sunscreen (which I thought had gone on invisibly) was quite visible.

I had splotchy white marks on my face and my skin looked oily in some spots and dry in others. Without more consistent absorption, there's no way this sunscreen protection could last very long. Luckily, I hadn't put on any makeup that day. I can't imagine how clown-like I would have looked if I had.

Even though I didn't care for the results, I appreciate the broad-spectrum, chemical-free nature of DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25. The sunscreen does have 10% zinc oxide, which is an effective sun protection ingredient.

Ease of Application
On the plus side, the DHC sunscreen has a light, silky texture that made it easy to apply, even though it didn't absorb into my skin with any consistency.

• Absorption: