Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Amazing product - Makes the driest skin soft!

I first tried DHC Deep Cleaning Oil when I was a sophmore in high school. Three years later, and now a college student, this still remains my favorite product. Now, when I first tried it I was very skeptical. It literally looks, and feels like olive oil. Also, you have to apply it without water, and just rub it on your skin. However, when I washed it off, it looked like soap being rinsed off. After washing it off and feeling my face, I couldn't believe it! My face was super smooth, and not shiny like I thought it would be. I am always in the pool, and I always use this product because it works wonders. I'd recomend this product to anybody with dry skin, or anyone who wants softer skin.

not worth the money

My sister received this DHC deep cleansing oil as a sample in the mail, and she grew very fond of it quickly. I, on the other hand, did not like it at all. It made my face feel very oily, and dirty, for that matter. I did not like how greasy it made my face feel. After using it for a few days, it started to make my face break out. As is obvious, I stopped using this product right after I began to have more pimples on my face than I had before I started using it. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is sensitive to oils on their face, and I therefore I would have to give it a five out of ten rating. To be honest, it really disappointed me.

I did not find this product to be effective at all on my skin. In truth, it only caused my face to break out with even more acne than it had initially started out with.

Ease of Application
Though I found this product to be ineffective, it was still fairly easy to apply to my face.

This product did not really have much of a scent.

Love It!

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I have combination skin so I was worried about using an oil based cleanser on my skin but I decided it couldn't be too bad and gave it a try.

This does a wonderful job of cleaning my skin without stripping the natural oils. It does take a bit of getting used to since its very thin when it dispenses from the ultra convenient pump but it spreads nicely and washes off cleanly. It's odd to have a facial cleanser that does not suds up at first but you quickly become used to it.

This really does deep clean and removes every speck of my makeup along with any oil or sweat. The only thing I don't like is that it comes in a pump bottle so I have to transfer some out into another bottle for my gym bag since a pump definitely won't work.

This works equally well in the summer and winter and I no longer experience dry patches of flaky skin during the winter. It keeps my skin hydrated but never leaves it feeling greasy.

This can be a bit expensive but the bottle lasts quite a while so it's actually a good value.

• Ease of Application:

Don't be scared to try it because it says oil

from Dallas,TX

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I received some samples in the mail not too long ago and decided to try this. I was very skeptical to try this because it had the word oil on it. I have combination skin, but even then I try not to use anything that will make my skin too oily. there is nothing I hate more then oily skin. I really debated on whether or not to use this, but how would I ever know if I did not try it. I have to say that it is not as oily as it feels on your hands. It adds just the right amount of moisture to your skin. The key is knowing just how much to use. A little goes a long way with this so you really only need a couple drops.It does a super job on taking off makeup. I had on mascara and it really surprised me when the mascara came right off. I normally struggle to get it all off, but it was not the case here. Did I like the scent? No. It is not a bad scent, but also not a scent I like. It does not lather when you add water, so that was unusual for me, but it worked very well. No clogged pores. It did not make me break out. It is a little expensive, but after realizing that you only have to use a few drops, then it is worth it.

Great for makeup removal, even mascara. Adds just the right amount of moisture. Just make sure you don't use too much. Does not make skin greasy. Great cleanser

Ease of Application
Pour as couple drops onto your fingertips and massage into skin. That simple and easy. then just wash off and see the makeup dissolve.

The scent is not bad, but just not something fresh or my type of scent.

not worth the money

Ease of Application

This product did not really have much of a scent.

Surprisingly Good For OIly Skin

from Hartford, CT

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I had a friend who had beautiful skin. It was just gorgeous. So I asked her what products she used on her skin. She told me that she used strictly DHC products and gave me a few samples. After I tried them I immediately ordered the Deep Cleansing Oil.

Now, I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts so I wasn't sure that adding more oil to my face would be a wise thing. Thankfully this did not turn my face into an oil slick as I had feared.

This successfully removed all traces of makeup, dirt, grime, sweat, and oil from my skin leaving it soft, clean, and never greasy. I really have no idea how an oil based product even does that but it's incredibly cool.

It's also very gentle on the skin and never left my skin red or irritated.

I also love, the pump bottle. It's amazing at giving you the perfect amount of cleanser so you use just enough and don't waste any. It's also quite sturdy so you can press it with wet hands in the shower and it does not tip or fall over.

Shockingly affective

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

Judging by the name of this facial cleanser, you wouldn't think that it would work. I was totally skeptical about using anything that had the word "oil" in it to clean my skin with. I am extremely prone to acne and get breakouts any time I use something that my skin just doesn't like. I was in the middle of a terrible acne flare up when I decided to use this cleanser. I thought that I would give it a shot since my face couldn't possibly look any worse at the moment. I was so surprised at how well it worked! Sometimes, we over cleanse our face and cause it to be too dry, which actually causes acne problems. Using oil to cleanse our skin keeps the dead skin cells to a minimum and keeps our pores clearer. This cleansing oil cleared my acne right up. I typically like to use this cleanser in the winter months when my skin is very dry. I do not use it in the summer, because my skin actually gets very oily.

Great for skin

from Pennsylvania

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I bought some of this after I tried a sample of it when I received a DHC catalog in the mail. I usually don't spend this much money on a facial cleanser but I really do like this one. I don't use it exclusively or all the time but it is definitely one I like more than others. I have tried several products from DHC and I liked most of them. If you've never tried them you can request a catalog online and you will receive samples with the catalog.

I was skeptical about an oil cleanser actually cleaning my skin. I was pleasantly surprised. I found it did an excellent job of cutting through dirt, grime, and makeup. It made my skin feel fresh, clean, soft, and smooth. I know a lot of skin enthusiasts who say that soap is too harsh for delicate skin. They tend to strip away the skin's natural oil barrier which is needed to keep skin balanced and healthy. While I will not do away with soaps altogether this product will definitely be used to give my skin a break.

Ease of Application
I love the pump bottle. It makes it so easy to use. A couple squirts is all I need.

This smells ok. You can smell the oil in it but it is not over-powering.

cleans and softens skin

from MA

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I was introduced to this DHC oil cleanser after receiving several free DHC samples with a drugstore.com order .
These free samples are very smart marketing on their part because once you try it , you will really want to run out and buy some.
I have thin ,postmenopausal skin that tends to be dry - this oil cleaner worked great ! It really cleans well , including removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner and it made my skin feel so soft and smooth afterwards , all with NO hint of an oily film or sheen .

It feels a little greasy going on but it is very easy to remove with just warm water or a washcloth . I do not add any water to the cleaner - just use the tips of my fingers to apply and rinsed off with warm water - my skin felt younger , and smooth and soft to the touch and very clean . I never knew an oil could clean skin so well with no filmy residue - it works great on aging thin or dry skin .

• Ease of Application:

Oil is GOOD for the skin!

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

Growing up you hear how oil is bad for your skin so you need to strip it away as soon as you can. Even to the point of selling oil absorbing wipes to use when you are out of the house. What these beauty companies don't tell you, is your face NEEDS those oils to keep the elastic properties of skin intact.

In fact, premature aging can be caused by constantly stripping oils from your skin and face. This deep cleansing oil is great for cleaning your skin with oil. It sounds counter productive but it is not, oil is attracted to oil and repelled by water. By using this cleansing oil, you can pull the oil out of your pores, which will bring the nasty gunk building up in them. The healthy blend of oils will keep your skin moisturized and really make your skin shine.

I did extensive research on oil cleansing, and this cleansing oil is fantastic if you don't want to mix your own. Handy and mess free pump makes it easy to get just enough to massage into your face. I will never go back to harsh chemicals again!

• Ease of Application:

This is good for removing makeup.

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I use this product mostly when I have makeup on. With cleansing oils, sometimes I feel like they have not completely washed off. So I do not like to use it on a daily basis. But when I have makeup on, the oil type cleansers seem to do the best job removing the makeup, especially the mascara. And this product is also nice because it leaves your skin with a bit of oil so it does not feel tight after you have washed. You just have to make sure that you wash it thoroughly to get all of it off.

This is very effective in removing any type of make up you may have on.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply. You just have to pump it out and spread it on your face. However, because it is an oil type cleanser, it is more difficult to wash it off than other types of cleansers.

The scent is a bit difficult to explain. It does smell a bit like oil and I wish they had put more in so it gets more of a soap-smell. It is not a very nice smell but I do not think it will bother you that much either.

• Ease of Application:

Cleansing oil that works on oily skin

Comments about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil:

I had previously ordered another product form DHC and had a very positive experience with it. I saw this in their catalog and initially thought this would not be a good cleanser for me as I have combination/oily skin. I could not believe that an oil based product would not make my skin even more oily. I have always heard that individuals with combination and oily skin should avoid oil based products. But as I had such a good experience with another of their products, I decided to give this product a try. I am so happy that I did. This cleansing oil really works to dissolve oil, make up, dirt, grime and dead skin cells. It is very gentle and does not strip my skin of any moisture. What I get is a very clean, soft and fresh looking face after washing. I still have not figured out why this has not made my skin more oily but it has not. I have also noticed that my skin is softer and has a healthy glow. My hands are even softer as well! I also love that there are no harmful ingredients in this product. It is gentle, effective and kind to your skin. This product has to be ordered by DHC but they have good sales, a loyalty program and free shipping if you purchase a certain amount. I recommend this product highly. I imagine it would be extra nourishing to those with dry skin.