3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Crafty Ways to Stay in Touch

My very first order with Current catalog was probably a box of personal checks and address labels that have always been the core of their catalog.  Since then, I've ordered an assortment of paper goods from gift wrap, scrapbooking products, and stationery, to greeting cards that let me connect with friends and family in style. **Currentcatalog.com** can always be counted on to have a wide assortment of styles to suit most every taste.  For me, staying in touch with family is a year-round affair.  I always buy multiple birthday and all-occasion cards in hopes of avoiding the last-minute rush to the drugstore when a special day approaches.

Although you won't find Hallmark or American Greetings cards available, Current has its own comparable brand of quality cards in a broad range of sentiments to meet the needs of your recipient.  In particular, the quality of their embossed cards is top-notch-the weight and texture of the card stock and envelopes are of gift shop quality.  In my experience, these cards are a pleasure to give as well as receive.   My only gripe about the greeting card sets is that they generally contain duplicates.  I would like a pack of eight cards to have eight unique designs--not four!  Unless you keep close track of which card you've sent to which recipient, you could end up sending one person the same birthday card two years in a row!

A favorite section of the website is Personal Touch, where you can find personalized gifts (coasters, mugs, totes) as well as personalized cards and stationery.  Another reason to visit Current is for the gifts that are suitable for stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, small rewards, and thank-yous.  Prices on these token gifts (jar toppers, bracelets, recipe cards, organizers, etc) tend to range in price from $2.49 and up, with a fair number of them in the under $10 category.

As a self-described bargain hunter, one of my favorite categories is "Buy One, Get One Free."   In the past, I've gotten free notecards, giftwrap, and magnetic post-its for the fridge.  Quantities are limited, so if you see something you want you'll want to act quickly.  In the off chance you miss out on a deal, don't worry, there's more where that came from.  The freebies section seems to be updated on a regular basis.

Finally, **currentcatalog.com** is not just a place to shop, but also a fun place for creative inspiration for projects such as scrapbooking, gift giving, and decorating.

With Current, you never have an excuse not to stay in touch.

Current - plenty of bargains, plenty of problems

Catalogues are a great thing - you get free reading material, and they potentially get a customer. Most are free, and Current is no exception.

If you go to the...Read complete review

If you go to the Current website, you'll find that it's filled with plenty of cutesy little items. Best of all, they are inexpensive. It seems like the perfect combo in this economy, right?

However, I hardly recommend it to anyone. I'm shocked that there have been so many good reviews, actually! I've tried to use them several times, and I've yet to have a positive experience.

1) **Lower Prices** - **Lower Expectations**: Now, don't get me wrong here. I love a good sale. In fact, you could say that I live my sales. However, this is a sale prices for a junk product.  They looks cute, but the quality just isn't there.

Now, this could also be a good thing. Some places would still charge you an arm and a leg for that same product. At least Current adjusts their prices.

2) **Communication** : If you read any of my reviews, you'll notice I'm big on communication. It probably has a LOT to do with the fact that I work in the communication industry, but good communication is key for ANY business.

Current is actually one of the worst offenders. It took them 3 days to send me a notification that they received my order and another 4 days before I was sent a shipping notification for items that weren't back ordered.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

However, what WAS beyond my idea of "quality communication" was informing me that it could have taken up to 2 weeks for me to receive the package, even though the original ship time was only 5-7 days.

3) **Confusing**: Okay, so this can happen at any store. However, Current is like the Santa's Workshop gift shop that comes to schools.  All the stuff is so cheaply made that if you have to put it together, you need a miracle.

*Case in point:* a ribbon bow

Twelve of these bows came in a package, and I was happy to put them together. I'm crafty. Why not? The instructions involved 5-6 panes with illustrations. Now, those illustrations took time, but they were completely wasted on the fact that there was no way to understand them! Getting to step 1 required an entirely different set of instructions that were forgotten or just not included. Or probably more likely, just non-existent. By the time we finally figured it out, we had destroyed the majority of the ribbons. **Overall**: look somewhere else. They aren't worth the hassle and the loss of money. The money I spent on wrapping paper and shipping (for paper I thought was better quality) could have been spent on REAL wrapping paper.

Do yourself a favor - avoid CURRENT!

Decline in service

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

This used to be an excellent company...excellent products, service and response. It seems that it has been bought by someone else and BOY, CAN YOU TELL!!! Just in the last few months I have had trouble here that I've never experienced in all the many years that I've been ordering from them. PRICES in the fall catalogs that I received and tried to order from online were different (higher) on the website...quite a few items that I was interested in were not available (not unusual occasionally, but seemed more prominent this fall)..when the back ordered items were rcvd the box was missing two of them: they had failed to get put in my box for mailing! And because they were seasonal items they were not available anymore to be sent out, which means they would have to refund me for those items, but they were unable to tell me when that that refund would post to my credit card; they couldn't even commit to having it done within a week!!! It's truly sad to see such an excellent company decline so rapidly from their excellence to mediocrity. I can only hope that once the transition is complete things will return to the former excellence.

Garbage!!!!!

from Orlando, Florida

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I ordered a scary mat for Halloween for the front door. The box arrived all torn up, the mat did not work. When I contacted current I was told I would get a refund minus 10% excuse me it is going to cost me because they sent something that did not work?????????????
and then on top of that apparently they are going thru some kind of transition and could not tell me when I would get the refund. I will not order from them again!!!

Great for holiday decor

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I love this site and only actually regret that I did not find it sooner. If you love the holidays, this will be like a sundae with sprinkles for you. The have a good amount of seasonal items that are priced low but maintain a high quality standard. There prices are especially rewarding when you order a few weeks prior to the holiday. Their shipping times ensure that even if you do place an order really close to the event - you will receive it by your deadline. Their shipping policies and options are probably the best thing about them. It may be in your best interest to sign up for emails too if you plan to a regular customer. You will receive updates and special email only sales event information so you won't miss out on any money saving opportunities. They don't email too much so that's a plus. If you are going to order anything that is personalized triple check that you have not mis-typed any words because that will be a huge issue that you won't want to deal with. The customer service has been exceptional thus far. They do send their catalogs quite frequently but my children enjoy looking through them and once they're done, I take them to my office at work so people have something to do while they wait along with other magazines so the frequency doesn't really bother my very much.

Shipping and Returns
Best part of their business, very flexible to meet many delivery needs.

Great Selection of Paper Goods and More

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I remember way back in the seventies when I would get this catalog in the mail and order cards and wrapping paper from it. It had quality items then and still has them today. Today, however, they have so much more than just cards and wrapping paper. Now online you can find a large selection of items ranging from cards, wrapping paper, holiday items, children;s toys, items for your home and so much more. You can order checks and they even can personalize some items. The site is easy to navigate with each section broken down into categories. They also have a sale section with items starting as low as one dollar or buy one get one free. Shipping is free over $40.00. The items usually come very quickly and they are of a nice quality. The wrapping paper is thick enough that is does not rip when you use it. Right now , they have a lot of cute Halloween items and seasonal items. I recommend this website.

Very easy to use and navigate.

Product Selection
Large selection of items from wrapping paper to home goods.

Product Pricing
Good prices.

Helpful customer service.

Quick shipping.

Great wrapping paper

from Towson, MD

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I always buy my wrapping paper and Christmas cards from Currentcatalog.com. Their prices are reasonable for high quality wrapping paper, bows, stationary and cards for all occasions. They often send offers for a percentage off the entire website. They have small gifts available as well.

I usually shop the sale sections and they are well defined as to holiday or occasion.

Product Selection
Current has a nice selection of wrapping paper, bows, gift bags and cards. They also have a good many paper products such as post-it notes and the like.

Product Pricing
I think the prices are reasonable and the large wrapping rolls last a long time.

Customer Service
I have not had much occasion to interact with their customer service department.

Shipping and Returns
I am always disappointed in their shipping prices. Most of the items are not bulky, but the shipping cost is exorbitant. I find they are one of the slowest online merchants as far as shipping times.

• Shipping and Returns:

Quality has gone down over the years!

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

Quality has gone down over the years. Just got two products - both poor quality.

1. I had an address return stamp from current that was small, perfect stamping and lasted over 8 years without ever reinking. Just ordered a new one closet to my original and it's huge, and horrible.! Too much black ink- makes it smudgy and when it is not smudging the print is tight, small & illegible. The housing is SO large it's impossible it estimate where the stamp will be printed.
2. I ordered the laundry carpet #810058. After only 2 weeks - the side I walk in on has completely worn- COMPLETELY! It is so cheaply made! It's not a "carpet or rug" it's more like a sprayed painted fiber - Very disappointed. I really liked it. Will opt for a real "carpet now. I learned my lesson.
I think Current is trying to get as many cheaply made oriducts & overcharge to make a profit.

Customer Service
No experience - didn't bother to call to complain - based on the quality - I don't think their goal is customer satisfaction

Shipping and Returns
Haven't bothered to return - don't want to pay a penny more for return shipping

Wonderful stationary website

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I love CurrentCatalog.com for most of my stationary needs. I love to send cards. Cards for birthdays, cards for anniversaries, cards just to say thank you, cards to say you I love you. I pretty much buy all of my cards through CurrentCatalog.com because the prices are great, the cards are nice and I can get a lot for my money. Most of the cards you buy in bulk and there is a variety to choose from when it comes time to sending the cards. They are also great for things like address labels, wrapping paper, and gifts for around the home. If you purchase something that you then decide you no longer want, need, or was not represented correctly online, returns and exchanges are fast and easy. Searching for items is very easy. You can either browse their website or you can enter a keyword or item number to find the exact item you're looking for. You can also request a catalog be sent to your home and they even have an 800 number for any assistance you may need.

Current needs to get "Current!!"

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

Things at Current are not so "current." Last few years all seemed very boring and dull. Sometimes change is good and necessary. Current has been offering pretty much the same old thing time after time. If you like it that way great! This includes snail mail shipping methods and outdated payment options. Who would put their personal info on a mail or fax in form these days? No one I do business with. Get with the times people. Update, progress, modernize. Excite us with new and different goods including 21st century payment options. Ever heard of Paypal? Bill me later? Oops, guess not! So you want us to put our credit card info on your ancient web site too? Please............Wake up!! Don't be too offended, I've had a fair run with Current for some time now but it's been a long time since I've ordered and my reasons are clearly stated. I spoke to customer service about a year ago with my suggestions and was told they would be passed to management but I guess they were all asleep at the time.

great company

from La Rue, OH

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I remember my Mom ordering her checks from Current instead of from her back because she could get cuter checks at lower prices. They still offer checks, but they also offer so many other items. I like to order greeting cards from them, as well as stationery items. You can get wrapping paper from them, candy, calendars, candy, stickers, home decorations, and address labels, and much more! They have wonderful prices and on top of that, they have a lot of fantastic sales that makes everything even cheaper. Their shipping is lightning quick and the personalized items I have ordered have always been printed accurately with no mistakes. I was just browsing through their site and saw something that I absolutely have to order (that happens to me a lot on this site!). They have cute little Halloween treat bags, one shaped like a jack-o-lantern and one shaped like a black cat. And if you buy one, you have a name printed on them for at no additional charge! My kids will love that! So off I go to place another order with this company! As you can tell, I highly recommend it!

Good products with great prices!

from Springfield, OR

Comments about CurrentCatalog.com:

I was looking for Christmas wrapping paper earlier than usual as I had to mail as soon as possible. I really wanted nice, thick paper as advertised here, but I had my doubts because of the extremely low prices.

What a pleasant surprise! The paper really is as thick as advertised - the graphics are crisp and clean, just lovely!

I also ordered several stocking stuffers, and they are just as described. Several items, and all of the paper, seemed as if they should have been priced much higher.

I do agree with the other reviewer that mentioned the trouble with the pull bows. I couldn't figure them out either, did a quick search on the internet for directions, found a video and voila! another lovely item.

Shipping was also just as stated, I would recommend this site to anyone.