Other Body Lotions:

Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Curel: A simple non-greasy lotion that zaps dry skin for hours!

***Quick View: ***I bought this product for my husband mostly and because it came with a free full sized foot cream with purchase. I am a sucker for the BOGO sales. This lotion is almost gel-like and very hydrating without being sticky or too heavy. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours as Curel states but it does last quite a while.

***My Take on Curel Ultra Healing Lotion for Extra Dry Skin***

I bought the 20 ounce plastic pump bottle of this lotion. It is white and thick with no fragrance that I can detect. Maybe a tiny bit of the usual "lotion" smell but certainly nothing strong. The lotion is concentrated and a little goes a long way. It's great on dry patches, rough skin like elbows and knees, and can even be used on the face.

This lotion is not natural but does have some some natural ingredients like eucalyptus, shea butter, and oatmeal extract. I took this with us on vacation and I ended up using it the whole time I was there even though I brought my tropical scented cream from Bath & Body Works. I liked how easy the pump bottle was to use, how thick and rich the lotion was without being greasy and I even liked that I could use it on my face when I came in from the sun and my skin felt parched. It did not cause any breakouts anywhere on my body or face.

My husband has super dry skin. His arms and hands, particularly, are tanned and hardened from exposure to the elements. I encouraged him to try **Curel Ultra Healing Lotion for Extra Dry Skin**. He didn't want to because he hates greasy, smelly stuff. Well, this is neither. He did end up using the cream and I feel as though it softened his skin and penetrated the layers of rough, sun worn skin on his arms and alligator hands. He also used this lotion after sun exposure and said it felt soothing. He still hates lotions of any kind but he is using this and he seems to like it.

But the one who liked it most? ME! I love my body butters and creams but sometimes, a simple, not fragant lotion does the trick. I apply the lotion whenever I go into the bathroom to my hands, elbows, and wherever my skin feels dry. I don't know though that it would be the very best lotion for severely dry skin. It hydrates well but even my husband doens't have patchiness and flaking that some get when their skin is so dry. It's certainly worth a try though!

***My Viewpoint***

I like** Curel Ultra Healing Lotion for Extra Dry Skin**. It is a white gel-like lotion that feels super silky. It can be used from face to feet and does silken skin and make it soft. It doesn't last for a full 24 hours but lasts for several hours on my skin. The lack of fragrance is a plus in this case. I can wear my usual body splashes and sprays or even layer my fragranced lotions over or under this one. ***4 stars.***

Fragrance free! Great for when you want to use a perfume or for those who don't like strong or floral scents.

Absorption
Thick but absorbs really quickly and lasts for hours.

Long lasting deep hydration for men and woman. great for knees, elbows, heels, and anywhere that is really dry.

This Lotion By Curel Is Intensive & Healing

Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry hands will help your skin. It isn’t sticky and the texture is in-between “medium & thick”. It lasts for hours and hours, and since I’m a busy person, quick drying lotion is a must. I have a lot of lotions and cremes because my skin is so dry, and I do a lot of things using water. This lotion has a light fragrance. It is so light that I barely smell it, so the scent is just okay. I prefer lotions that have a flowery or sweet scent; this one does “not” have that. It helps me with my dry and chapped skin. I actually think that my skin looks a little firmer after several uses too. Sometimes my skin gets so itchy that I have to run to find my lotion, and this stuff relieves it right away. I use it on my “hands” the most, but I also use it on my “shins, knees, elbows and feet”. I don’t have to use this lotion over and over again like some I have tried. I dislike lotions that are watery and this one isn’t. My skin gets dry sometimes, so much so, that it hurts. Curel is my remedy. My skin feels “smooth, silky and soft”. The best time to use this is in cold weather and in the fall. My skin needs protection when I’m out in the cold. I like to put gloves on my hands afterwards. It is like giving my hands the spa treatment. You can use this lotion daily. It is dermatologically tested too. I use mine at least every other day, as I have other lotions I use as well. This lotion comes in a “big & bulky” container with an average looking design, but it is easy to dispense the lotion from. I think it is medium to high in price, unless it is on sale. I give this lotion (3 STARS), but it is more like “3.5 STARS”, but I didn’t have that choice. It gets a “6” on a scale of “1-10”.

Curel Ultra Healing

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

This is a great lotion for dry skin and I love that it is safe to use on my kids. They get horrible dry skin in the winter and this stuff is not only gentle on their skin but it works. The redness and patchy dry spots are gone with regular use. It smells amazing too. This bottle lasts a long time as you don't need a lot, it spreads out and absorbs quickly.

This lotion smells so good! It is not an overpowering perfume scent nor does it have that lotiony smell. It smells like a really expensive spa quality lotion for only a fraction of the cost.

Absorption
I use this on my kids, and myself, after baths. It absorbs very quickly and does not leave a greasy after feeling. A little goes a long way too.

Makes redness and dry patchy areas smooth and silky with regular use. Apply in the morning and before bed and especially after a bath or shower. I noticed with in just a few days that bad dry areas were healed and normal dryness goes away after just one or two uses.

A great moisturizer

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

Curel ultra healing intensive lotion for extra-dry skin really is a wonderful and effective moisturizer. I suffer from dry skin and apply lotion all day throughout the day. I am always looking to try new products. A friend of mine recommended Curel and I was so glad she did. I bought some and I could not believe how well it worked. I usually apply lotion up to twenty times a day especially in the winter and with Curel my skin stayed softer for longer! It comes in an extremely convenient pump bottle which makes it easy to access and use! It absorbs quickly and keeps my skin from flaking. The only complaint I have about this product would be the scent. I really like to wear a scented lotion during the day and this lotion smelled like nothing. I would purchase it again if they added a scent to this lotion. I also liked that it is extremely affordable!

This lotion did not have a scent and I prefer lotions that have scents.

Great absorption!

A highly effective product.

• Absorption:

Curel Ultra Healing Lotion works well at repairing dry skin.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

I love lotions and creams. I am constantly trying new things. I have used a couple different Curel lotions over the years. I feel this is a good lotion that does benefit the skin. Another benefit of Curel Ultra Healing Lotion is that it can be used by the entire family, male or female. It is reasonably priced but there are more inexpensive lotions out there that work just as well, if not better.

This lotion smells light, fresh, and clean. It is gender neutral so the whole family can use which comes in handy when you are on a budget or trying to downsize.

Absorption
This has the consistency between a gel and lotion. It absorbs into the skin evenly and effectively but I feel it can be a little greasy feeling.

Curel does a good job of repairing dry skin. I like to use a heavier, thicker cream for extra dry skin that is itching, flaking, peeling, cracking, etc. The consistency of this is a little thinner and it just feels like a lighter lotion to me.

Cures dry itchy skin!

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

I tend to have overly dry skin (especially in the winter) so my legs constantly itch a lot. When I apply the Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion for Extra-Dry Skin, it's just so relieving. I usually apply this once in the morning, and then one more time after I take a shower.

Curel Ultra Healing Extra-Dry Skin Lotion

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

I am always trying different lotion depending on the time of year and weather conditions. Right now this is my lotion of choice and I have never been happier with the different uses I have found for this product. The bottle is easy to use. The pump works great and dispenses a full dollop every time without air bubbles and popping which could cause the lotion to splatter. I use this lotion as a daily moisturizer for my face. it does not clog my pores and leaves my skin feeling silky and soft. I also use this lotion instead of shaving cream when shaving my legs. I apply the lotion to my dry skin, shave, then take a shower. My skin is silky soft when I get out of the shower and there is no need to reapply. The lotion absorbs quickly. The dry skin, wrinkles and "turkey neck" look I had going on, on the front of my neck just under my chin is almost gone. I use this lotion as an over all body lotion also. My skin feels fantastic and looks great. This lotion is definitely a keeper when it comes to the time when I have to go buy more. The scent is light and does not clash with my body wash.

Curel's Intensivie Healing Cream is So-So

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

Curel's Intensive Healing Cream for Extra Dry or Sensitive Skin is good, but not great. I wasn't "wowed" with this product. The absorption is good. It is non fragrant. It is Dermatologist recommended. It is for extra dry and sensitive skins, but right after applying it to my dry & cracked fingers & hands, I am left with a tacky feeling that makes me want to go wash it off. It does seem to help, but doesn't last long so you need to keep reapplying which I don't like.

I like that it doesn't have any scent at all. So this product doesn't bother my little dog and her strong nose. Very nice to use with your normal perfumes or body washes and won't counter those scents.

Absorption
The absorption is ok, but not great. It just doesn't feel like it's absorbing all the way into my skin and leaves me with a slight tacky feeling that I want to wash away.

The effectiveness of this product is good, but you have to keep applying about every 4 hours or the effectiveness doesn't seem to last. I personally like a hand cream/body lotion that will last pretty much all day without having to reapply over and over to keep the effectiveness going.

• Absorption:

A great lotion for dry skin

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

I've had eczema for years, which results in extremely uncomfortable dry skin. This is one of my favorite products to use to cure and moisturize my sensitive skin.

I don't buy this to smell good. I buy it because it works.

Absorption
One of the best lotion for real absorption and healing.

I see results sooner than many other products.

• Absorption:

Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion has saved my skin.

from West Bloomfield, MI

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion for Extra-Dry Skin has made my dry, scaly hands look young again. I have tried all sorts of lotions and potions to soothe the painfully, dry skin on my hands. RecentlyI tried Curel Ultra Healing Lotion. Immediately my hands felt so much better. Over several weeks I noticed that a lot of the redness had disappeared. My cuticles were no longer torn. I have even noticed my fingernails seem healthier. A bonus for me is the product is not highly perfumed, as so many other lotions are. With winter approaching I am so pleased that I found a reasonably priced product that works so well. I have told all my friends about Curel, now I'm telling you.

Curel is unscented - which I prefer.

Wow! Amazing skin cream.

from Lanham, MD

Comments about Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra-Dry Skin:

Before I get started, I want to let you know I am a BZZ Agent, which means I get sent goods for free to try out and let others know what I think.
I have been sent some Curel Intensive Healing Cream to try, and I want to share what I have found. I am always sceptical about body lotions and creams that claim to solve the problem of dry itchy skin. Don't they all claim that? Most work, if only for a short time. However, I have found that when I put them on at bedtime, I wind up waking up and clawing at myself, the moisturizing having given up the ghost. I was pleased that when I tried this Curel product (and I have always been a fan of Curel) it really kept working. I have a small jar of this, it is more of a thick lotion than a cream, and it absorbs right in. I was not sure it would work as the ones that absorb so quickly often have the least staying power. I was pleased with the results. No clawing my hands and arms in the middle of the night. Now I am not a young woman, 67 as of last month, and I know dry skin. I have given some samples to friends and relatives who suffer with this, also. I read that this is good for the dry skin that comes from diabetes, but I can't vouch for that.
I think that it is already helping my skin heal. I have been using it for slightly more than a week, and my hands look and feel better My cuticles are not ragged anymore, and I don't feel the deep itching I used to suffer from. there is something called ceramide that is associated with long lasting hydration of the skin, and it this Curel product appears to revitalize it. I was so happy to find this, and I hope that anyone who is suffering from the dry itchies will find the relief that I found. Give it a try and let us know what you think, too.
If you are interested in more information, their website is found here:

This Lotion By Curel Is Intensive & Healing