3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Curel Itch Defense Lotion finally beat my skin problems

I have had eczema for years. Over the past several years it has gotten worse. I have tried every lotion, every salve, every ointment, but nothing made the eczema patches go away. At first the patches were just annoying, but over the last several years since it got worse, the patches were really bothersome and painful. I had gotten really large eczema patches on the insides of both knees and when I wore pants, jeans, or sweatpants, the patches were very painful and burning. Other lotions and creams would bring tears to my eyes because they made the patches burn so badly. Then I saw on a discussion board how a woman was using the Curel Itch Defense on her daughter who had severe eczema and she raved about it. When I saw another woman raving how it had helped her daughters patches then I decided it was worth trying at least since I had a coupon for it anyway. I read about it and I really liked that it is accepted by the National Eczema Association and that it works to balance your skin. I also like that it is safe enough for babies and children yet effective. It smoothed my horrible eczema patches after 2 uses! And no burning pain when I put it on either! I use it after my shower and it doesn't leave any residue or bad feeling on my skin. My skin just feels smooth, not greasy or artificial. Some complain about the smell, but I like it better than the perfumey smells of lotion. It is more like a medicinal/functional/healing lotion and not a flowery/good smelling spread. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has stubborn eczema or really dry skin that doesn't respond to anything. I am now giving away the huge stockpile of other brands of lotions I have because I only need the Curel Itch Defense.

moisturizes, but greasy and smelly

I got a free sample of Curel Itch Defense Skin balancing lotion in the mail.  I do have some areas of my skin that are dry and itchy such as elbows and the top of my feet, so naturally, this is where I decided to try out the lotion.  My skin was not dry or itchy after use.  However, I did not enjoy using the Curel Itch Defense lotion at all.  I disagree with the manufacturer's statement that it is fragrance free.  The smell is similar to joint or muscle creams, which do not smell good in my opinion.  I also disagree with the claim that it absorbs quickly.  The lotion made my skin feel greasy and oily.  This lotion may be beneficial for some individuals with very dry skin even though I am not sure whether or not it would really cure itchiness.  I think I would have had to use it more than once to determine that.  However, I think that there are other lotions to help with dry skin that smell better and are not greasy.  I will not be using this product again.

Wonderful Product for Those with Sensitive Skin Issues

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I have found this lotion to help my dry, itchy skin during the winter months. I do suffer from occasional eczema that can be exasperated by perfumes or other irritating ingredients in lotions. This product is accepted by the National Eczema Association. I have found that my skin feels so much better after applying it. My skin does not feel itchy from it getting dried out from the heat being on during the winter months. I also have not had any irritation from this lotion and no breakouts of eczema either.

Although I do like a little light scent in my lotions, this product is fragrance free. At most, it may have a bit of a waxy smell to it that is not noticeable on your skin. Fragrance free tends to be a very good thing for those of use who have eczema. It is wonderful for babies, and all other ages too. The bottle states that this lotion is gentle enough for babies over 6 months to use. It's great too to have a product that the whole family can use.

Absorption
This lotion soaks right into my dry skin. There is no residue or greasy feeling on my body or hands after applying it. I use this exclusively on my arms and legs all year round. It works great both in the winter & summer months.

This lotion greatly improves the dryness I experience during the dry, winter heating season. My arms and legs can get so dry that I feel itchy with no signs of eczema to explain it. I use this after I shower and usually before I go to bed at night when my skin for some reason seems more likely to feel itchy. This soothes my skin immediately and makes it feel normal and not dried out.

100% Cleared my Eczema

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I am 28 years old and have lived with eczema my entire life. I would get so itchy that I would take anything in reach that was sharp to my legs to relieve the itch. I have always avoided shorts due to the scabs and scarring on my legs. My parents almost went broke buying every steroid cream, tar bath, treatment, etc they could find. I had a coupon for Curel Itch Defense 3 years ago and decided to try it. I have never used another lotion since. It completely cleared up every last spot of eczema. It has also help clear up the scarring on my legs. I still use it everyday because it does moisturize very well. I am shocked still after 3 years that it worked after all the prescribed methods we tried over the years. It is truly a miracle lotion. The smell is not that great but the results are beyond amazing. I would recommend this to everyone that had eczema. Its weird to say but this lotion honestly changed my life.

• Absorption:

A life saver for those with dry, sensitive skin.

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I find this product very helpful when I am in dire need of itch relief. I generally apply it after I shower in an effort to avoid becoming very itchy throughout the day. The only thing I do not like about this product is that when I work out it tends to not be as useful. I find myself needing to apply it again after I workout in order to relieve my itchiness. All in all, a good product to use and a product worth buying.

Its fragrance free, there is no scent. Although adding a fragrance wouldn't hurt if the new fragrance bearing lotion were marketed to women, and that fragrance was indeed a womanly fragrance.

Absorption
As with all lotions, takes a bit to rub it in fully. But the effect one feels is almost immediate once it is applied.

Very effective in my opinion. Only dilemma I face is when trying to apply to the middle of my back. It would be nice if they offered some sort of tool to aid in applying the lotion to a spot where one cannot reach. Then I would be able to stop pestering a family member and having them apply it!

use for tattoos

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

When I first got my tattoo I was told over a hundred different lotions and creams to use on my tattoos. My sister used Curel and said that it worked great. Looking at her tattoos I could tell that she was right. So I tried it and I was glad that I did. I used A and D ointment the first day then used this lotion for about a week after and the tattoo healed up great. The lotion is really thick but it soaks in really fast and keeps the skin moisturized for a long period of time.

This lotion does not really have smell. Kind of reminds me of deodorant when you first put it in your hand but once it is applied to the skin and rubbed in you really cannot smell it anymore.

Absorption
The lotion is thick so I thought that it was going to take a long time to soak in but it soaked in really fast. Great for dry skin. Leaves my skin really soft. I use it for my tattoos but not really for a daily moisturizer. I bet it would work great though if you did.

Helped heal my tattoos wonderfully. I would recommend this product for any irritated of dry skin. Especially on knees and elbows.

Not a Fan

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

This is a lotion made by Curel that claims it fights dry, itchy skin and helps it heal. It also claims that it helps eczema prone skin or skin with eczema and can help with the itchiness of that also. I however, do not like this lotion one bit. It is a very "dry" lotion if that makes sense. Upon putting this on, it felt like lotion of course but after an hour or so my skin began to feel very brittle and thin. I did not think that it was the lotion but lo and behold it was. I could not believe that a lotion would seem to dry a persons' skin out even more, but Curel Itch Defense did to me. That is the key word though, it did it to me. It may work extremely well for you and may help you out a lot but for me it just made my skin worse. There are many other great healing lotions out there that can help your skin from being so dry and itchy so in good confidence I can not recommend this lotion for anyone. It was however fragrance free as stated which was rather nice.

Curel For Dry Skin and Eczema

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

Eczema runs in my husbands side of the family. He has it, my daughter has it and now my granddaughter has eczema as well. My husband has it the worst, and he can only take three showers a week to help keep it under control.

His skin gets these large red spots that itch and they look very unsightly. He has tried a plethora of lotions, and we go through a LOT of lotion during our long, cold winters.

Curel is one of the products we have had around, and we've used it with mixed results. It works okay for my dry hands, but he hasn't had the kind of relief from his eczema that other, thicher and ricker creams have given him.

He always asks me to purchase lotions that have pump style dispensers, and this one does. One pump gives me just the right amount for moisturizing my hands, but he has to use several pumps to moisturize his legs.

Like so many lotions on the market, Curel claims to be dermatologist tested, although I'm not exactly sure what that really means. The lotion isn't watery, but it isn't as thick as Avon Moisture Therapy either. I like the fact that the Curel dispenser doesn't become clogged easily.

Curel isn't greasy, it absorbs fairly easily and the biggest "pro" is that it doesn't have any added perfumes. My husband is very fussy about the skin care products he uses and he does NOT like scented products. Some unscented creams and lotions we've used actually have an unpleasant scent to them but this one isn't bad at all.

Our dermatologist recommends Cetaphil, and my husband prefers it over the Curel lotion. Still, Curel isn't too bad, and the main thing is to keep the body hydrated and moisturized, and this is one lotion that does that without breaking the bank or emptying the wallet.

Totally unscented, it rocks in that area.

Absorption
Absorbs quickly and it isn't greasy

It works okay for dry skin, but isn't the most effective for treating eczema

• Absorption:

Really helped my son's ezema

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

My son had a pretty serious case of eczema on his arms and I was searching for a quality, non-steroid cream to help give him some relief. Seeing this in the grocery store, I decided to give it a shot. It seems to have calmed his eczema flares. I really appreciate that the lotion is fragrance free. That feature means that everyone in my house -- especially my husband, can and will use the cream. The lotion isn't too heavy -- where it won't absorb into the skin -- and not so light that it feels like you don't have on anything. It's a good middle weight, even during the dry winter months. It absorbs well into the skin, leaving it with a nice moisturized feel.

There is no scent. Fragrance free.

• Absorption:

Curel was the cure for my eczema

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I always have dry skin in winter, but last season I came down with a mild case of eczema on my legs. I was so itchy, i tried everything. Then I saw Curel Itch Defense lotion in the store and noticed it was accpeted by teh National Eczema Association and said it rebalances in 4 ways. I decided to try it. Well, I was so relieved to find a lotion I coudl use for everyday itching and dry skin, yet it actually helped heal my eczema! No presciption needed and I feel safe using it everyday when I have itchy ,dry skin. Dermatologist tested, it desont have a heavy or d\greasy feel and it doesnt have a strong scent to it, which I really like about it. My skin feel so soft and smooth. Of course the ebst part is no more itchy skin!!

light and not too overpowering

dosnt feel greasey

helped my eczema. havent had any since

Perfect Skin Lotion

from Bristow, VA

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I suffer from hypothyroidism and this disease makes me have what I refer to as "flare ups"- intense itching and burning sensation and the need to itch severly. These "flare ups" occur a lot during the night. I have bought all kinds of lotions for my skin and like any other person with any other lotion, I was very skeptical about this one as well, despite it having the "National Eczema Association". So I had a flare up in the store one day, and my skin was very dry too, so I stood staring there at the shelves for 20 mins trying to figure out what lotion was left that i haven't tried and the New Curel Itch Defense stood out in front of me. So I tried the sample bottle and it relieved my itching right away! It made my skin feel soft and smooth and the coolness eased my "flare up", so I bought a large bottle of it. So when I have my "flare ups" during the night - I ensure this bottle stays on my night stand - I rub the lotion all over my body and am able to go right back to sleep. The great thing about this product is that it's not greasy at all and absorbs into my skin very well! In addition, my husband suffers from extremely dry skin, especially his feet, and he loves this stuff!! Fantastic product!

Amazing result

from West Hempstead, NY

Comments about Curel Itch Defense Fragrance-Free Lotion For Dry, Itchy Skin:

I have tried so many different lotions on my son who is 7 years old now. Things I had tried, Aquahor, Aveeno, california baby, spring wind (herbal onitment), some other dead sea salt lotion. He had ezema since he was 4 months old. When I put on this lotion the first day, it stink his skin because it was open infammed skin. But, I have read other reviews and suggest one week you will see the result. After one night, I saw an noticable difference, the redness of the skin are gone and the skin is not chapped anymore. Now he has been using his for about 1 1/2 week. So happy with the result. Have never seem his skin this soft without steroid ointment.

Please give it a try if you are a desperate mom like me trying to search for years for a good product that works for your kid.