2.1

2.1

The Cuisinart Mandoline - I just don't see the point

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

When I first saw a mandoline slicer, I thought it looked SO cool. It was probably on a late-night infomercial, and I was dying to try one. When I saw this Cuisinart mandoline while creating my wedding registry, I couldn't resist adding it, picturing myself slicing mounds of perfect tomatoes in seconds like the cool chefs on TV.

My reality with the Cuisinart Mandoline has been a bit different. I just don't like using it. It's a big hassle to pull out and use and then clean. I find that I prefer to slice things just using a knife. Perhaps my slices aren't as perfect as with a mandoline, but they're just fine, and it's SO much easier. A mandoline just isn't worth the bother for me. Plus, even though I've only used the Cuisinart Mandoline a few times and I swear the blade has become dull already.

It's not like the Cuisinart Mandoline is all that hard to clean, but it's definitely a bit of a hassle, especially because it is large and bulky. I've found that it's simply a lot easier just to use and clean a knife instead.

I guess the Cuisinart Mandoline has been somewhat durable;it hasn't really broken or anything. However, that might be because I've barely bothered to use it. I will say that I think the blade has gotten dull after only a few uses.

I find the Cuisinart Mandoline rather bulky. It takes up quite a bit of space sitting in my cabinet.

Cuisinart junkmaster mandolin slicer.

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

Not what you expect from the likes of Cuisinart. Doesn't work well, uncomfortable at best.

This tool is downright danerous to use and clean.

Piece of junk - broke within two moths of purchase.

Design is attractive just not very functional, dissapointed to say the LEAST!

Cuisinart Mandoline deluxe "It sucks"

from Pawtucket, RI

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

Cuisinart Mandoline deluxe stainless steel slicer was a big disapointement, my husband bought it for V-Day figuring it would replace my old stained Beringer one. So shinny and so pretty, i set it up for apple julienne, oh dear.1- Documentation was seriously lacking, no pictures and complicated intructions. 2- Inserting the julienne blade made me seriously wonder if i had it in the right hole, the blade didnt seem to fit until i gave it a good push which made me cringe.3- Slicing the apple came to another challenge, after breaking it in half midway i decided to remove the apple and peel it, to no better result, The apple kept breaking or making uneven and unsteady slices.4- Cleaned it, dryed it and brought it back to BB&B. Bought a OXO instead for the same price.

Cuisinart mandolin should be in every kitchen

from Villa Rica, GA

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

My husband and I recieved the Cuisinart kitchen mandolin as a Christmas gift and we love it!
i don't know why we didn't get this a long time ago. This mandolin is a professional stainless steel model and at a very affordable price.
It is very easy to clean and will not stain or rust. Great for slicing fruits and vegetables with a very sharp 2 sided blade,
It has an easy grip handle, a safety holder and 3 blade attachments for small, medium and large julienne cuts. It makes perfectly even and straight cuts and can cut waffle, crinkle cut or shoestring fries. Decorative fruits and vegetables can be made. We made a beautiful cheese fruit and veggie tray for New Years. Our friends didn't believe we made it until we showed them.
Mandolin is dishwasher safe and folds for easy storage.
Hope this was helpful.

Waste of money

from Paris, KY

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

I purchased this item as a gift for my mom for Christmas. It is the worst cuisanart product out there. Poor directions, poor quality, pulps the food. Awful. Since my parents have many cuisanart products I assumed this would be in line with their other products. Very wrong. Do not buy it! It is a piece of crap.

The Cuisinart Mandoline Slicer was a huge disappointment!

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

I'd wanted a mandolin slicer for years but never got around to researching the best quality. I bought the Cuisinart impulsively for 40% off at a store that was going out of business. I wish I'd waited. Even though I got it for a bargain, I still wasted my money. It doesn't slice...anything. I bought it for a squash and zucchini recipe. It only mangled these veggies. Then I tried to slice an onion but only got a few good slices before the onion got mangled, too. I've tried several different times, changed out the blades, adjusted for thickness... nothing works. This is just a bad product. Keep looking. Don't waste your money.

don't get the martha stewart version of this item! It is DULL.

from redding, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

Okay...this review is mstly to day that I bought the Martha Stewart Version of this mandoline and it is terrible.  Spend a little more and get a mandoline that actually cuts instead of pulps your food.  I think anything would be better.  Go for quality, go for Cuisinart. Martha needs to try harder!

Disappointing at best

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer:

After seeing mandolins on several cooking shows, I thought it would be great fun to have one. Having had great luck with my other Cuisinart kitchen equipment, I decided to get this one. The bad: It was a huge disappointment. My waffle iron and food processor both came with recipes and excellent directions on usage and care. The "pamphlet" that I got with this reminded me more of bookcase assembly directions than anything else - in other words, practically useless. The leg that you use to prop the mandolin up doesn't lock in place well, so it's pretty easy for the whole thing to collapse. It's useless for cutting up tough vegetables - I tried many times using it for sweet potatoes. Unless you do a lot of pre-cutting and cut lengthwise, it's just not gonna happen. Kind of a bummer because one of the things I wanted this for was to make sweet potato fries.  I didn't try cheese, as it claims to be able to do; but I can imagine the results wouldn't have been good - the cutting blade is just too wimpy to slice most cheeses well.

The hand guard is awkward to use. I find that until I get to the last piece of the food I'm slicing, it's better to just use my hand to move it along. The good: Once I figured out how to use it and what foods I can use it with (great for zucchini, yellow squash - stuff like that) I could slice out large amounts of food in a short amount of time. For smaller batches, though, it's faster and less effort to just use a knife. It has different sized julienne blades included with it. They're kind of fun to play with.