Other Blenders:
Immersion Blenders
Cuisinart
Models:
CSB-76, CSB-76PK, CSB-76LG, CSB-76BC, CSB-76TQ, CSB-76LB, CSB-76LY, CSB-76LP, CSB-76M, CSB-76O
Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender

Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

I didn't want this kitchen tool until I tried it. It's amazing!

When I received my Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender as a gift, I had no idea what I would possibly use it for. But, I am a fan of kitchen gadgets and enjoy trying new things. The night I received it, I opened it up and used it to make cocktails for my friends. It worked amazing, but I really didn't know what else it could be used for. I soon discovered that the Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender is NOT JUST FOR BEVERAGES!

Blending Power
Amazing! As soon as you turn it on, the blender produces a whirlwird of power. It chops through vegetables, ice, and whatever else you put in its path. Best of all, the cleanup is a snap! I don't have to empty out and clean all the parts of my traditional blender anymore. Whew!

Versatility
I never knew that you could use an immersion blender for anything other than beverages. After the initital use of mixing cocktails, I wondered what the heck I would do with it. Surprise! It's great at crushing ice, making salsa, whipping together a smoothie, putting together soups, and it makes the smoothest, creamiest, guacamole you've ever tasted.

Like I said earlier, cleanup is a breeze. There are no intricate parts to take apart or disassemble, like you would have with a traditional blender. All you do is remove the blending shaft and drop it in the dishwasher. Wipe the blades off with a sponge and mild detergent, and you're done. It's easy to snap back together when everything is clean, and you're ready to use it again.

You can't misuse this immersion blender. It's impossible! There's only one power setting, one set of blades, and no confusing buttons or dials to operate. Just push in the power button, conveniently located right where you hand rests, and control how long the blender stays on. That's all there is to it.

The handle is comfortable to hold, even if you need to use the blender for a long period of time. My immersion blender has the look of stainless steel, but it is also available in a variety of really fun colors. So, if you have a funky kitchen, you could purchase a blender in a color to match. Of course, traditional white is available too.

The Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender came with a 3 year warranty, but this thing is so heavy duty I don't think we'll need it. It's very well constructed, heavy-duty, and the blades are tough. I am a big fan of this product and am thinking about giving them as gifts next Christmas. It's the best kitchen tool you didn't know you needed!

Blender pieces come apart when blending!

This hand blender was a gift, so we did not choose it - I would not recommend it. After using it about 6-8 times the entire thing just doesn't work when blending. It turns on, so it's not the motor that's the problem. It's the fact that the silver blender part doesn't stay onto the handle when blending. When blending the silver part just comes unattached. I can get it to work if I physically hold both pieces together when blending. But that is a problem if blending something hot since it can splatter. Also probably not safe. Also messy. Not sure if it's just our particular one that has this problem, but I plan on contacting KitchenAid since it's within the warrenty.

Blending Power
Blending power wasn't bad. Works best in the cup provided.

Versatility
Works well in all things we've used it for.

Cleaning is actually really easy!

As mentioned above - the easy of use is bad. The parts don't stay together when blending... like they're not snapped together well or something.

Looks nice, although keep it hidden in a cabinet like most people I bet.

Seems like it would last a while.

Lovely Hand Blender

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

I was so very excited to receive this hand blender as a wedding present. It is one of those kitchen tools that really make life so much easier. It is also one of the gadgets that, for me anyway, I thought would not need to use so very often. However, I am so glad that someone did gift this to me as I use it about once a week all year long.

During winter I use this blender a few times a week to make soup. When I first was learning how to cook, I would ladle my soup into a blender in batches to puree. Not only was it time consuming, it was messy and added more dishes to my sink. Not so with this blender! I just puree the soup, carefully, right in the pot. Viola! Soup is done. May favorite soup to make using this blender is cheddar broccoli soup. Yummy!

This hand blender is very easy to use right out of the box. It only takes a few minutes reading to set it up and review the safety instructions. It is also equally easy to clean!

• Versatility:

I have had this blender for about 3 years, and it works great!

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

I love this stick blender, especially for making soups. It is so much easier to just use it to blend the soup, rather than trying to pour hot liquid in batches into my blender. It has a lot of power and blends everything up very smoothly.

Blending Power
This stick blender is very powerful and I have no problems quickly blending a big pot of soup in very little time.

Versatility
I haven't used this stick blender for anything other than soups, but I imagine it could be used to blend just about anything in a bowl.

This blender comes apart easily so that you can easily wash the blade area without ruining the motor or cords.

This is easy to use, but because it's so powerful, it does require a little bit of arm strength to hold it in place and not let it get sucked all the way down to scratch the bottom of your pot.

I have the white model, which doesn't look as nice as the stainless steel pictured above, but I still think it looks nice. It is easy to hold and very slender to store easily too.

I've had this blender for about 3 years now, and it still works as though it's brand new. The blades are sharp and the motor is fast!

• Versatility:

Very easy to use and great for the price

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

I bought this mostly to make quick smoothies in the morning. Also I didn't want a large blender taking up space in my small kitchen. This was the perfect blender for me since I can store it easily and also does the job for what I need. I've only used it for smoothies but it's very powerful and easy to use. Also very easy to clean! Would definitely recommend for easier blends.

As you can see by the size, it is very easy to clean and store. Would recommend for smaller kitchens!

Very very easy to use! Just plug it in and blend and also very easy to clean after use since it's small and light.

The design is simple and easy to use. I am relatively petite and the grip is good for me so I'm sure you won't think it's too heavy or bulky or anything.

I've used this for years but had no problems with it. But I've only used it for smoothies so I'm not sure how it will perform with other types of blending.

• Versatility:

Great all around hand blender

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

I have a small business making jams and jellies, and sometimes I need to make sure the spread is of a consistancy that is finer than hand mashing can make it. This hand blender was purchased to fill that need. Not only does it get the job done quickly, it wasn't that expensive to purchase. I just learned it was discontinued and that makes me sad, however you may be able to get a similar model that works just as well. You need to make sure there is enough liquid in the pot for the blades to do their job. Since it is an immersion blender it is important that you have liquid for it to work properly.
I have used this blender to do not only my preserves, but also soups, smoothies, and even whipped potatoes! I am definitely getting a lot of use out of this tool.

Blending Power
This is not a stand alone blender, however for pureeing cooking food right on the stovetop it can do a fantastic job getting a consistent thickness.

Versatility
I use it for soups, jams, smoothies, and pretty much anything that has a water content that you need blended up fine.

Cleaning the blades safely is a pain, but at least it does its job!

Put the stick in the pot and push the button, swirling the wand around. And that is it!

I just love how this looks and how it feels in my hand.

Been using it for over 2 years now and still going strong.

Cuisinart Smartstick Immersion Hand Blender-Soup Nirvana

from Lees Summit, MO

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

This powerful hand blender is amazing! I love that I no longer have to put soups into a blender to puree while keeping pureed and not yet pureed portions separate. Now I can puree the entire contents of my soup pot at once!

Blending Power
This hand blender is very powerful and has blended anything I've immersed it into!

Versatility
I love that I can blend for a short amount of time for light blending or a long time for purees. I mostly use mine to immerse in soups to blend and puree. What a joy not to have to transport contents to and from a blender container anymore!

Handle can was washed with a cleaning wipe or soapy washcloth. Blending stick is dishwasher safe or hand washable.

Attach blending stick, plug in, push button..easy peasy!

Comes in a variety of colors. Mine is orange and matches my kitchen. I love the happy orange color and it makes it fun to use!

2+ years and still going strong. I've never had a problem with it not working or failing!

• Versatility:

A good purchase for the price

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

So, I bought the Cuisinart blender a few weeks ago and have been overall satisfied with it. It has it's ups and downs, but we'll start with the good. I really like how simple it is to use, and how incredibly easy it is to clean. When I am finished cooking, I like that this blender makes the clean-up process go much faster. It mixes liquids, and soft foods very well. That being said, it doesn't have the power that standard blenders have. Any foods that aren't already soft, it inevitability leaves behind small chunks. I tried it with some yogurt and fruit, so I was expecting some chunks, but the chunks I got were a bit bigger than my liking. But it does have the best power of any immersion blender I have bought previously. So if you want a blender that you can quickly switch from one food to another all in one baking/cooking session, I would recommend this one, but if you want something with more power, I would go with something else.

Wand Wonder

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

Absolutely one of the best tools in my kitchen! Easy to use, easy to clean!

Blending Power
Much more power than I ever anticipated!

Versatility
Doesn't matter whether I'm whipping up potatoes for dinner or a shake to go!

So much easier than a standard hand mixer or even a big mixing bowl

As easy as the flip of the switch, great for the kids too!

Love the stick design

Ready for a tough job!

very convienent

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

this is very easy to use. one piece access. you can put your ingredients into to a cup, bowl etc. and blend. very good on making smoothies in a cup. you don't have to put it together. it is easy to clean as well as easy to store. i would recomment this product to everyone to try. the handmixer is so easy to use that your small child can use it to help you out when making dishes/drinks. the design of the handmixer is good as well, you can hold it like you are using a mixing spoon. it does not have the 2 mixing blending tools that are on regular mixers. it is very strong it blends up vegatables as well as fruits. smoothies is what i basically uses it for. when in a rush in the morning this is the go to to make smoothies quick. stainless steel makes it even better food doesn't get stuck or jammed up it in as much. i wish they made a portable one so i can take it to work etc. with me. i love this product.

Cuisinart Stylish Stick Blender

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

Stainless steel cuisinart stick immersion mixer is attractive and powerful!

Blending Power
Alot of power and the best handheld immersion blender I have ever used.

Versatility
This blender stick works for virtually all your kitchen blending needs!

Quick rinse is usually fine unless you are making pungent foods such as homemade salsa.

If you cannot figure out how to use this blender with ease then you should get OUT OF THE KITCHEN. Very user friendly.

Ergonomic design and very attractive stainless steel finish which matches all my other Cuisinart appliances.

I have personally not had ANY issues whatsoever with performance or design. Works like a CHAMP.

Not good!

Comments about Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender:

After maybe about seven uses of this hand mixer my Smart Stick has actually broken!.The plastic gear inside looks like its been beaten badly. The blade barely even turns. It happened as I first attempted to blend cooked potatoes into a soup. I never used it on anything that seemed too solid, so I am very disappointed as I really liked it. Why doesn't Cuisinart make the little plastic gear metal rather than plastic? I loved it on very very soft foods but not even cooked carrots or potatoes were good for this.

Versatility
It's only good for very soft items so it isn't great! I was only trying to make a soup with cooked vegetables and it broke. So it's not very versatile at all.

It was easy to clean since it comes apart.

It is easy to use but it still isn't a good item and still broke!

The inside is plastic and should be metal so I'd say the design isn't great but in a way it is if only it was metal.

All of my above comments cover this very well. It isn't durable at all! Don't waste your money. It's the worst cuisinart product I've ever purchased.