Other Blenders:

Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

I couldn't be happier with this set of two appliances in one!

Overall for an amateur cook, this has given us everything we need to make a few smoothies or dips here and there. We do not use it a ton, because we are not cooking a ton, but whenever we have an occassion we usually need the blender or food processer (or both) to make the items on our menu. I highly recommend Cuisinart, and further recommend the 2-in-1 so you get everything you need for one price.

Blending Power
The blender is fine for smoothies and the things like that which we use it for. The Food processor part is very powerful and turns beans into bean dip in minutes!

Versatility
I registered for the Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor because I thought it might be kind of cool to have a food processor as well. At the time, I had no use for one, but over the last few years I have found plenty of uses for the Food Processor as well.

We use the blender mostly for Smoothies or drinks and it works well for that purpose. The Cuisinart manages to crush everything well without a lot of trouble. The sturdy container stays in place while blending and is in good shape after many uses and washes. The blender has different speeds so you can control how much you want your drink blended, but we usually just stick with the highest to make our shakes.

The Food Processor attachment has worked great for making things like Bean Dip where we want the contents to be chopped up and not liquified. The food processor fit a lot, but it did not always fit as much as I needed. I learned that when I'm making A LOT of bean dip, for example, I need to make it in small batches instead of trying to do it all at once. Otherwise it barely fit my recipe.

Now with baby, we are using it to cut up her foods to make it easier for her to eat. I love that I can make it very pureed, or just make it slightly pureed, depending on how long I let it run for.

It's easy to clean, especially since I rinse it all out as soon as I am done blending or processing food. The blade comes out of the food processor which is the only thing I consider slightly dangerous. I always make sure my daughter is not around when I am cleaning this thing and ensure the blade is put to dry way out of her reach.

Very easy to use!

The two in one design is great, but it does mean a lot of extra parts. I would be interested to see if they sell any combos that use the same main glass jug for both blending and food processing.

We've had this since 2007 and it is still going strong. The only problem is the food processor lid is plastic and the pieces that hold it down have snapped off - mostly do to my sliding the lid on wrong. I just hold it down whenever I'm processing something so it's not a reason to go out and buy a new one.

This is a cheaply made, horrible blender/food processor!

I don't even know where to start on how much I hate this blender/food processor combo. It was cheap and had the features I was looking for at the time that I purchased it which is why I bought it. It has several speeds, and can switch between blender and food processor, using the attachments, which seemed handy. Less counter space taken up-two kitchen helpers in one, right? Ummm...no. First, it was troublesome to put together, and we ended up having to take out hand tools to even get it to work. I should've known then that I needed to save the receipt and send in the warranty. I didn't-my bad. After approximately 4 pie crusts (done in the food processor part) and 2 batches of smoothies, it stopped working while I was shredding some cheese (not even a hard cheese) in the food processor attachment. It just stopped working. The motor was running, but the blades stopped turning completely. After hours of trying to get it to work again, it still barely turns and won't process food or crush ice or anything. The company won't take it back and send a replacement b/c I didn't send in the warranty and the store won't take it back for an exchange without a receipt. So I'm stuck being out the money and unable to buy a new one. I'm more than a little miffed at the bad customer service.

So totally love it

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

There are so many things that I love about this blender. Put aside the fact that it is so fantastic and making blended drinks with way more than enough power to break up the ice cubes but this blender has so many other amazing uses. It is powerful enough to take on Ice cubes and nuts yet delicate enough to trust it with lettuce. I am in absolute love with this and I use it ever day. My wife and I are both coffee addicts and we both love iced coffee. With this blender we are able to make blended coffee coolers that rival the coffee shops and I make one every morning before work.

Blending Power
There is nothing that this blender can not smooth into a fantastic drink.

Versatility
We have done everything from mixing blended coffee to smoothies to using it to chop lettuce for our salads at dinner time.

Like most blenders I wish there was an easier way to clean around the blades at the bottom with out removing all those little pieces.

Not only is the button layout fantastic but the attachment makes this a brilliant way to add ingredients.

Sleek and attractive and fits well on my kitchen counter.

We use it every day to make a variety of things and have for a long time. This blender just keeps going.

Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor BFP-703

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I decided to purchase the Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor BFP-703 to replace my old blender and I loved that I was getting two products in one. I am very satisfied with this, I have made smoothies, milkshakes and sauces with the blender. The food processor is my favorite part, I love being able to throw my onions or whatever I need chopped in it, saves me a lot of work. I think this is good quality for the price and I love it.

Blending Power
The blender has lots of power and gets whatever job you are doing very quickly.

I have never had a problem with cleaning this, I just use a sponge on the outer surface and wash the other parts with my dishes. I would not recommend putting them in a dishwasher.

This is very simple to use, so simple even my daughter uses it.

I love the design of the Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor BFP-703. It is just the right size, really a great space saver.

The durability of this product has been great so far, it seems to be made very sturdy and durable.

• Versatility:

Great sturdy ice-crushing blender & decent small food processor

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I purchased my Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor BFP-703 many years ago. If you are looking for a powerful sturdy blender that can crush ice, this is an awesome blender. If you need a food processor occasionally and do not need to make more than 3 cups of a recipe at a time, this is a great option.

The blender portion of the Cuisinart Duet combo has a 40z container. The container is made of a heavy, sturdy glass. I've had success putting the 40z container in the dishwasher on multiple occasions without breaking it. The 40z container is helpful when making smoothies, margaritas, or anything that you might need in large quantities.

The blender has several settings including an ice crushing button. The ice crushing button is the most powerful setting that I've found on the blender. It is also the loudest setting on the blender. The ice-crushing setting does a great job of blending ice into your drinks.

Blender drawbacks: Although the Cuisinart Duet Blender is powerful, it will not blend kale very well. So, if you are looking for a blender that does more pulverizing than blending, get a Vitamix. However, if you are not looking to pulverize random green vegetables, this blender combo is a great deal and works for years. Mine lasted through five moves and is still going. I eventually gave it to a friend because I won a newer blender.

The food processor portion of the Cuisinart Duet also functions quite well. With a 3 cup capacity, I found the food processor was ideal for making salsas, hummus, or chopping vegetables. It suited all of my needs for many years. It sliced. It diced. It was easy to clean.

Unfortunately, as I started making larger recipes, the three cup capacity became a hinderance. Eventually, I ended up buying a large Cuisinart food processor just for the additional cup capacity.

If you want a great blender and a food processor but don't have the shelf space for it, check out the Cuisinart Duet. It's a great combination of blender and food process for a very reasonable price.

• Versatility:

Doesn't cut it as a blender

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

Two appliances in one seemed like a great space saver. Unfortunately the blender part doesn't hold it's own. It can't manage anything with ice. Terribly embarrassing to have people over for drinks and have to pull out a meat tenderizing mallet to break up the ice cubes into small enough bits for the blender to even think about working. Frozen strawberry slices for smoothies were also a no go. Ice cream for milk shakes stopped the blender as well. Even fresh, not frozen, chunks of banana give the blender trouble.
The machine is a duet so I should include that in the review as well. The food processor works well enough, but the size is pretty small. I bought this piece thinking I was getting a blender and the food processor would be a bonus extra. If I had known how poorly the blender would work I would have skipped the food processor.

Blending Power
It doesn't have much power. It can't be used for anything with ice.

Versatility
In theory it should be very versatile - it is after all two pieces of equipment. In practice only one works.

Fantastic Duel Product!

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I received this as a wedding present and it has worked like a champ!

Blending Power
I've used this to beat eggs, make gazpacho, salsa, pancake mix (makes the pancakes fluffier!), milkshakes and more. If you are making a cake, you can pop the eggs in first and get them fluffy for a fuller cake.

I use the food processor to make hummus, mince garlic, and make other things (like pureed broccoli because my husband won't eat it any other way). It has a great pulse feature as well as the steady process function.

Versatility
Having one base that does the blending and the food processing is great.

It's not complicated. Going between the blender and processor is very easy. You can keep either one on there and then, if you need the other, just pop it on.

Mine came in white but I love the look of the black and silver one! Very sleek looking.

The only reason I give this a 9 is that after 8 years of being use frequently, the base did quit on me. However, those 8 years it was a work horse.

Cuisinart Duet Blender/Food Processor BFP-703

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

This blender/food processor is well designed and easy to clean. I will always own one of these. I would buy another if and when this one breaks. It's very quiet compared to most blenders It's parts are simple but well built. I give this a rating of nine only because I have not used it yet to crush ice, otherwise I would give it a ten.

I bought this blender/food processor in October 11th, 2013. Since I haven't had it that long, and it is my first time owning one I don't know how long it will last. Time will tell.

FAbulous Food Processor

from Florence, SC

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

This is the first food processor I have ever owned and I LOVE IT! My kids and I use it for everything from milling our own oat flour, to making our own home made almond and cashew butter, hummus, pimiento cheese, etc. It is durable, fairly easy to clean, and has many uses. The attachments are great, blades are sharp, and it works hard on tasks like crushing ice and blending nuts or smoothies. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to take their home maker skills to the next level, and make more of their own home made products as opposed to store bought ones. My twelve-year-old daughter even knows how to set up this processor by herself, and make her own nut butters (with supervision, of course). It is simple enough that someone could easily learn how to use this and follow easy recipes with it, even without a lot of previous experience. This is a great, must-have kitchen appliance, and would also make a great wedding or housewarming gift! :)

Versatile and Handy

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I have been using this product for many years (around 7years). It works well as a blender and food processor. Easy setup and cleanup for both which is important. I puree soups with it, grate carrots, make pesto, smoothies, etc. I am always happy with both applications.

Blending Power
Both applications have plenty power to do job. I think the food processor application has better power though.

Versatility
I like the slicing and grating blades on the food processor. I grate carrots for carrot cake and have even sliced potatoes with the slicer for potato chips (mandolin slicer might be more ideal though).

Most parts are dishwasher safe.

Setup and cleanup are very easy. Not too many parts which is good in a crowded kitchen.

I have no complaints in regards to design. Everything has always worked well for me.

All parts have held up very well (I have had my for 7 years). Only parts that has worn is the lid to the food processor. The plastic locking tab broke off. I was still able to use it this way, just had to hold the lid steady when in use. I eventually glued it back on and it works fine. I might have twisted the lid too hard once and stressed it. Other than that all the parts have held up like new.

Powerfully Versatile

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

Handles just about anything well but unit is very noisy.

Blending Power
Blender handles all when making smoothies. Frozen fruit, ice etc.

Versatility
One base control for blender and food processor.

Most everything can go in the dishwasher.

Controls are easy to navigate.

Food processor work bowl is very small.

Hard plastic food processor bowl, lid and feed tube have been replaced because they easily crack or splinter.

• Versatility:

Multi-functional processor in the kitchen

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I love all Cuisinart products! I was so excited when I got this as a Christmas gift two years ago! I am still using it, I have never had any problems with it! This is a great kitchen appliance and I use it the most during fall and winter season. Once you use it, you realize how great it is to have this type of processor in your kitchen! I highly recommend it. I read other reviews and I don't understand why this processor has so many bad reviews. If you are looking for an all-in-one appliance, this is it! I use it for making; smoothies, salsa, puree, chopped veggies, pasta sauce, soup, crushed ice, ground parmesan, pesto, ground nuts etc. Just make sure you have extra liquid when you use it.

Blending Power
It has a high blending power. You choose the power you need.

It is dishwasher safe! But rinse it immediately after use.

It is very easy to use. I is not a very sophisticated appliance.

I like its design!

In my opinion it is quite durable. I have been using it for two years now.